Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW mobile? No. Why? There is no reason to do this and the game mechanics are too complicated to make it playable at mobile device. And who da hell care about mobile games ? Mobile wount you to keep in game for more than few weeks IMO.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Of course they will eventually.

It's sad how far Blizzard have fallen since Activision got a hold of them and started driving them even harder to become a profit focused company at the cost of amazing/quality products.

No doubt Activision are telling them to find a way to get WoW on either mobiles or consoles.
    All companies are profit focussed.

I would think that if they could figure out a way to make it work on mobile, we'd also see it on consoles.

I don't play mobile games, of course, so I would not be very happy that work was going into something like this with the game in the state it has been in.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    All companies are profit focussed.
    Oh yeah but Activision have been interfering hard with Blizzard as of late and telling them to cut corners, focus more on profits and well it's had a severe impact on quality.

In my opinion at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I would think that if they could figure out a way to make it work on mobile, we'd also see it on consoles.

I don't play mobile games, of course, so I would not be very happy that work was going into something like this with the game in the state it has been in.
    I'd love to see it on next gen consoles personally.

With the rumour of the tech in next gens being even closer to pc standards it's a possibility.

However if Blizzard choose to put it on console I hope they at least cut a deal with Sony or MS to not require the Plus/Live sub aka what FF14 does with PS4.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is where WoW belong for last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    How much you wanna bet Diablo: Immortal will be an astounding success once it releases?
    ofc it will be immense succes.

all mobile games are seeing how mych $$$$$ they make.

its hillarius when you see people trying to deny it. its like with antiwaxers or flatearhters -_-

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    WoW isn't designed for mobile. It would need multiple major overhauls to get there.
    But neither was Elder Scrolls?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

I think consoles are becoming dinosaurs and represents a tiny market compared to 4.6 billion mobile platform.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Imagine classic being thier mobile ip.
    Anything is possible... except Classic is more of a small conversion team to get up and running(cheap to produce) which is the only reason it is happening. I would think modern WoW would go mobile... followed by Classic once the infrastructure was in place.

I don;t necessarily think the mobil egam woudl be the next WoW expansion so much, as a whole new game.. one that is successful... would make current PC WoW very unappealing form an investment standpoint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    How can you replicate an experience that requires you to utilize 30+ action keybinds regularly with 2 thumbs and ~200ms +- 50ms screen delay?

I'm all for new things, but I'm not stupid. That tech is nowhere near servicable for 'proper' gameplay entertainment.
    Blizzard has been chopping abilities and keybinds methodically over the past few expansions. 30+ keybinds? I think most people are having ahard time filling one bar of 10. Not really any more than Diablo 3.. which has a mobile version coming out.

I could easily see an action bar, that switches to a profession bar, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, nothing would surprise me.

So far we know there working on a wow version of pokemon go. So it might be one announcement at the next blizzcon. But I doubt there gonna just announce that without showing a new wow expansion. They wouldn't want another diablo incident.
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/11...of-pokemon-go/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I just hope ATVI stock will take another -50% after next Blizzcon.
    Besides being an edgelord why would anyone want this?

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft for mobile? Never. A new Warcraft franchise mobile game? Probably yes.

i think itd be a nice idea to work on emissaries on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    But neither was Elder Scrolls?

- - - Updated - - -

I think consoles are becoming dinosaurs and represents a tiny market compared to 4.6 billion mobile platform.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything is possible... except Classic is more of a small conversion team to get up and running(cheap to produce) which is the only reason it is happening. I would think modern WoW would go mobile... followed by Classic once the infrastructure was in place.

I don;t necessarily think the mobil egam woudl be the next WoW expansion so much, as a whole new game.. one that is successful... would make current PC WoW very unappealing form an investment standpoint.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard has been chopping abilities and keybinds methodically over the past few expansions. 30+ keybinds? I think most people are having ahard time filling one bar of 10. Not really any more than Diablo 3.. which has a mobile version coming out.

I could easily see an action bar, that switches to a profession bar, etc.
    Platforms themselves are of course what is becoming a dinosaur. Your phone will be just another screen to stream games. That is, unless you are arguing that local hardware is here to stay, streaming won't take over, and the hardware that we will be using to power these games are our cell phones and not a local machine.

What we are really taking about is access. The consoles, PC, mobile have been traditionally limited by userbase(and of course mobility, but that has been addressed by several consoles over time). With mobile, that is less of a problem because we have a really larger userbase. So that is one answer to userbase(reaching more customers) is to deliver the product on a device the consumer already owns.

Too bad the device has poor graphical power and touch controls, so it sucks(just imho).

The alternate(and much better than mobile) solution is game streaming, which turns any screen into a gaming service with great graphics delivered via the stream.

Problem here is network connectivity and latency.

Of course the best solution is local hardware for the actual gamer, and always will be(unless you like latency), and the better that hardware the better the experience, which is why mobile sucks.

I also think there is a mischaracterization where some people would assume that because consoles may go away, that console type games and really any modern AAA game will start to look like mobile games. Not necessarily. Look at the Switch. That is a device that could be emulated and shrunk down in the future to become a workable mobile platform for AAA games, not mobile games. In fact, it could be baked right into a cell phone. So once cell phones reach the level where they can play games similar to say, a Switch, I think we will see those games on there. I don't think there is a market for bad mobile games when good games are available. I think the mobile market, and a lot of the junk they sell on there, only sells because the user has limited options.

Even now, so good games are starting to come to mobile. In the future, if they figure out a way to provide decent controls, better games could come to the devices. One example is stardew valley. Cell phones are not too far off from the Switch, and the Switch shows us what mobile cell phone gaming could look like it done correctly. The Switch is great. Mobile gaming could be too, and as long as we are playing on local hardware, the result should be effectively the same as the Switch. Mobile gaming needs better graphics and joycons and I do believe it actually could become something decent.

Someone just needs to develop a universal BT controller that clamps the phone into place, and streaming(or a dock) from phone to various larger screens(with improved visuals in a perfect world) would be a great way to expand "mobile gaming" into just "gaming." The phone would have a real advantage over consoles if the controls didn't suck, it could stream locally to TV or tablet, and the graphics were greatly improved.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-04-10 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They may. It's likely to be a different game from World of Warcraft, just like Blades is a different version of ESO. The implication that it will be the same exact game is wrong and probably mischievous.

The Diablo: Immortal "Fiasco" consists of a badly-placed PR announcement. The general response to that has been uniquely infantile. The game will undoubtedly do very well once out.

Blizzard very much needs to get out of the PC-Games only business and start thinking about providing their games across different platforms. Zenfolder is right. Platforms are becoming less and less relevant as time goes on and technology improves. That's the future and as a business decision Blizzard needs to be there.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-04-10 at 04:41 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    If they made a Pet Battle mobile game that is linked to your WoW account I would give them money.

Yes, please allocate already suspect resources to what will be a dogshit iteration on a dogshit platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    With The Elder Scrolls: Blades in early access... and based on the free to play and MTX business model, how sure are are WoW fans now, that Blizzard doesn't have plans to go mobile with World of Warcraft?

Will Blizzcon 2019 be a repeat of the Diablo Immortal fiasco?

Discuss.
    I hope not. Having Diablo go to Mobile was the destruction of a legendary franchise (to me). As for Warcraft or even, world of warcraft, it would be a low down as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They can go mobile, but the original game will still remain.

Mobile WoW isn't gonna happen. That's too much of an effort to make and something that no one would play. Just because you release a game on mobile doesn't mean you're suddenly gonna make millions and millions. Mobile games are meant to be simple games that you can play while on a train, bus, toilet...

However what they could and may release is a small WoW-themed mobile game, like Hearthstone... and I personally don't see any issue with that. As long as it's not an obviously pay2win and shitty game, I really don't mind.

A console-port of WoW is possible though and I honestly really don't see an issue with that (of course I doubt that's something for hardcore players, but for casual playing it's actually great). People have been asking for an Xbox 360 version during TBC/Wrath, but now this is supposed to be something bad?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    That Diablo Immortal is considered not just by games but stockholders as the worst PR disaster in MMO history easily in the top 10. It immediately too 4% off of Activisions stock price and stained Blizzard reputation for years to come.

Trust me it would be career suicide for any person who even suggest this.
    But well... Diablo Immortal is, as you said, a PR disaster (or actually more of a timing disaster), but it's not really a disaster that it's a mobile game in principle (or only partially, because it's being codeveloped by NetEase). I mean, imagine if they announced that with Diablo 4 and if it was a Blizzard-only developed game... no one would mind, actually I bet many people would even praise it.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-04-10 at 06:06 PM.