Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Crucible of Storms Preview and Schedule

Crucible of Storms Preview and Schedule
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    A long-submerged evil stirs beneath the Shrine of the Storm. The whispers that drove Lord Stormsong to madness echo within the depths, a siren song of eldritch power. Those who listen and obey prepare dark rituals to carry out their master’s will. Whatever nightmarish schemes fuel their fanatical devotion, one thing is certain: they must be stopped.

Raid Bosses: 2

Difficulties: Raid Finder, Normal, Heroic, Mythic

Level: 120

Raid Finder Minimum Item Level: 350

Raid Unlock Schedule

April 17—Normal and Heroic Difficulties

April 24—Mythic and Raid Finder Difficulties

The Restless Cabal

Called from the depths to retrieve three relics of ancient power, the Restless Cabal is bound to serve N’Zoth and attend to his will. Zaxasj speaks of promises and power, while Fa’thuul crushes their opposition with brute force.

Uu’nat, Harbinger of the Void

When she struck her bargain with N’zoth ten thousand years ago, Queen Azshara offered one of her most devoted followers into the Old God’s service. Now Uu’nat and the crawling masses he commands herald the coming of their master, as foretold by the stars.

I like how there still needs to be a week of gating for a 2 boss raid......

Or a month for that matter if we go by the release date of 8.1.5.

I feel like Blizzard thought Legion was a good expansion and are doing the exact same raid schedule this expansion. This is Trial of Valor just the LIDL version with 1 boss less.

Trust me Blizz, Legion was not loved for your gearing and raiding system. I'll let you figure out why it was liked. I will give you a hint: Transmogs.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I feel like Blizzard thought Legion was a good expansion and are doing the exact same raid schedule this expansion. This is Trial of Valor just the LIDL version with 1 boss less.

Trust me Blizz, Legion was not loved for your gearing and raiding system. I'll let you figure out why it was liked. I will give you a hint: Transmogs.
    Trial of Valour released after Emerald Nightmare and with Karazhan, with 3 unique armour sets and 3 bosses. This raid has released 7+ months after the launch raid, 3 months after the first .1 patch raid (Nighthold was the Legion equivalent), comes with 0 unique armour sets and even has 1 less boss.

It's pathetic. I have to laugh if Blizzard really think that Crucible of storms is the equivalent of Trial of Valour. The closest it comes to ToV is 'oh it's a small raid'.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Trial of Valour released after Emerald Nightmare and with Karazhan, with 3 unique armour sets and 3 bosses. This raid has released 7+ months after the launch raid, 3 months after the first .1 patch raid (Nighthold was the Legion equivalent), comes with 0 unique armour sets and even has 1 less boss.

It's pathetic. I have to laugh if Blizzard really think that Crucible of storms is the equivalent of Trial of Valour. The closest it comes to ToV is 'oh it's a small raid'.
    It’s not meant to be the equivalent. ToV was essentially a filler raid, CoS is not - it is small, yes, but it connects the dots between now and 8.2. It’s more there for story than anything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Or a month for that matter if we go by the release date of 8.1.5.
    Same release system for the last 3-4 expansions. Get used to it already. Also if you haven’t realised that patches and raids don’t line up by now I really don’t know what to tell you

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's pathetic, Blizz giving us something else to do.
    How dare they provide a mini-raid amidst the current run of BoD?
    What is this, a device to push forward the story?
    Pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    It’s not meant to be the equivalent. ToV was essentially a filler raid, CoS is not - it is small, yes, but it connects the dots between now and 8.2. It’s more there for story than anything
    ToV concluded the Stormheim story. That's for story too and was not filler.. CoS brings less (no armour sets, 1 less boss) and is merely there to connect the dots as you said. That screams filler more than ToV did.

- - - Updated - - -

Same release system for the last 3-4 expansions. Get used to it already. Also if you haven’t realised that patches and raids don’t line up by now I really don’t know what to tell you
    ToV came 2 weeks after the patch.

Not an entire month.

It's timegating for the sake of it. Let's not pretend otherwise when a 3 boss raid can come out faster than a 2 boss raid.

Don't want LFR heroes to progress too fast now

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post

Bod came with 4 unique sets and then 8 more with the warfronts/PvP sets then 2 heritage armours. Night hold came with zero new sets. 14 sets is a lot more then 3 so if your going off sets bfa wins by a landslide.

Difficulties always unlock a week apart. You make it out like there is gating between the two bosses. Go back to your hole, troll.

ToV came 2 weeks after the patch.

Not an entire month.

It's timegating for the sake of it. Let's not pretend otherwise when a 3 boss raid can come out faster than a 2 boss raid.
    I welcome it, it's called pacing. Only just nearing the end of Jaina prog myself. Only 299 guilds world that have killed her with a huge portion of those being in the last week (~70).
    The raid wasn't needed super urgently whereas ToV was after EN, even in an average world 500 guild at the time there was a good 4 weeks downtime between finishing EN & ToV release.

Can't imagine mythic will last more than an hour, maybe two :P

This is probably their approach to a "top raidinng casual experience".

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    I welcome it, it's called pacing. Only just nearing the end of Jaina prog myself. Only 299 guilds world that have killed her with a huge portion of those being in the last week (~70).
    The raid wasn't needed super urgently whereas ToV was after EN, even in an average world 500 guild at the time there was a good 4 weeks downtime between finishing EN & ToV release.
    Don't waste your time with him, a friendly advice.

I hope both bosses on mythic will be 350+ pull bosses.

Looking forward to the last boss! I really enjoyed Ghunn, I haven't seen anything around the fight so no expectation at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont waste yout ime with him he is the most negative person on the forums right now, he complain not meter what blizzard do.

And you are right, they have the same release model for the raid since the introduction of diferents dificulties. And ppl still complain.

It reminds me more of Ruby Sanctum (with an extra boss ). Something extra for everyone who has finished the current tier without being required content and also helpful for those that haven't finished it. The timing is about right as many are still progressing and the drops may give a boost without having to nerf things further