Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    So twelve year olds figured out how computers worked... It was bound to happen someday.
    Mother taught me.

Apologies for not detecting the other thread(s), I didn't look hard enough at that point.
    Additionally the amount of people completely missing the point and/or passive aggressive comments is astonishing.

I can see the updated models not happening because the changes were too deep as you'd be able to simply integrate it into the old engine. Would still be interesting to hear if the other options seem feasible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aergwyn View Post
    Hey there,
    I'm following the updates about classic and I'm really interested in playing the game again but just experience a different class this time. I'm also all for the least amount of compromises possible regarding systems so we can experience the true horror and scuffness classes, leveling and itemization was.

But what got me thinking was the graphics. Something that's purely visual wouldn't feel so bad to have.
    I wouldn't mind an option (off by default) that would allow one to enable newer models, graphics and spell effects (where applicable) like how they'd be in retail right now. It would give it the extra touch for me.

What do y'all think? Would you care if it's optional for those who like it? Would such a thing ever happen?
    Nope?

I'm sorry but why make demand for an outdated game but not keep to it? After all, people asked for classic not really remaster.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No need. Give an inch and people will take a mile.

If it's client side then I really don't see a reason why not. I personally like the old pointy graphics and models but I can see the appeal of Classic with modern graphics.

I'd like to say yeah but then it wouldn't be classic. Though we are getting updated video settings so yeah...
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Those new quality of life features are readily available on retail wow. You don’t get to have your cake and eat it too. You asked for classic and that’s what you deserve. New features are for those not stuck in the past.
    Get off your high horse, dude.

I can want WoW to go back to the drawing board (I.E. Classic) but also like SOME new features that were implemented. Seeing as how this is a programming thing, both can be done.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think Classic WoW with an "I'm playing this game on a computer that's under 5 years old" button in graphic options would be pretty awesome, but I'm not sure how much extra work that'd be for Blizzard or if they see that extra work as worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Noram54 View Post
    Play a newer game
    How about you don't enforce your opinion on something that won't affect your gameplay at all, but will significantly make others better? If it's a toggle option why the hell would you mind? Blizzard is a company that wants to make money, so the more people it's accessible to, the better.

I'd probably never use it, but I guess it wouldn't bother me if I didn't have to see it.

The thing is, even at the time, vanilla WoW's graphics weren't ever really good compared to other games already on the market. I remember being a bit surprised at how poor the graphics were on this new game my friends were obsessed with, but as soon as I started playing I absolutely didn't care. The point of the game was the accessible open-world MMO experience. The graphics for vanilla were always outdated, even at launch. I think Blizzard's more recent reliance on cutscenes and graphics has resulted in many players approaching WoW more like they're passively watching a TV show, rather than actively playing a video game with choices and emergent narratives that they help create though their gameplay and socialization ("consuming content" vs "playing games").

So I guess if it's a personal thing that each player can choose what they see, then I don't really care. But on the other hand, I wonder that if the addition of updated graphics are so important to people, it may be a sign that the Classic thing might not be for them after all, and they might be asking for several other "QoL" things down the road before they inevitably quit without a constant stream of shiny things and instant gratification. If they can't get to level 20 without the modern eye-candy, will prettier graphics really make any difference when they're slogging through the 40's and 50's? I suspect that if the old graphics are really that big of a deal, those players are going to HATE the gameplay, and no amount of cosmetics is going to overcome that. It's just going to be more polish on what they will likely see as a turd.

I also think that the restriction to old graphics might help serve that warning that we see ad nauseum on forums like these: that this is somewhat of a different game than we've been playing lately, and players need to log on to Classic with a different mindset than they have for Retail.

They did some datamining on the new client a couple of days ago and found that the new models and animations had been put into the game so it's a possibility that a toggle will exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    The important thing is that they put in the effort to recreate the original look, and have the original graphics as the default option. If they did that then I wouldn't mind having both character models available.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    There 2 types of classic crowds.

Silent Majority: who are genuinely excited for classic but can't help the game was flawed in many ways and require some improvements such as graphics, search functions, stacks, LFG.

Loud Minority: who are outright crazy, they don't want even the slightest change because they feel it's a slippery slope (even though we know it's not a slippery slope, they are just minor stuff that can be replaced with addons)
    Your going to need a source on your silent majority statement

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    They did some datamining on the new client a couple of days ago and found that the new models and animations had been put into the game so it's a possibility that a toggle will exist.
    Since they're backporting the current client they're likely just leftovers, Like how LFR etc was in the Classic Demo
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

We already had like 43 threads of this topic.
    The answer is always no.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliomaniac View Post
    Play a newer game
    We're going to play a game not even released yet, can't be any newer than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    How can I source a silent majority? All I see is small number of people disagreeing with every single change on this forum. This is why I think there is a silent majority.
    So without a source you can not honestly claim that the silent majority are okay with this of that. In light of that i cannot take your opinion seriously at all

My personal view is that Classic is sort of like a museum for a time long past, and that includes the visuals. I would leave them as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    We're going to play a game not even released yet, can't be any newer than that!
    Oof you got me

7+ Year Old Account

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Since they're backporting the current client they're likely just leftovers, Like how LFR etc was in the Classic Demo
    Exactly. All that had to be said was “that stuff was still there”, and not at all that “they had bothered to put it in there”. Probably just hands haven't reach to cut it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    as the default option
    I like to laugh at this nonsense because words "by default" are depreciated by word "option", absolutely no idea why people keep repeating it. In other words: "Who cares what is there by default if it's optional"? *looking down* and here trolls are crawling out, funny how easily you can be provoked

Problem remains the same: you have right to control appearance of your character only. That's all. Your rights and right game mechanics regarding customization ends here, which means that your favorite toggle, in form you like to remember it, has never been fair and correct and fact that this RP gameplay part was devalued prior to implementation through
    Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    Client-Side
    option was its main mistake. The sooner you put up with it, the easier it will be communicate for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    new models are objectively better
    You still write word "subjectively" wrong.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-04-26 at 09:08 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__