1. #1

    How is Resto survivability in PvP?

    Is it any better then Legion where we were the weakest healer in terms of survivability? Do we have something to survive 1 vs 1 burst or when we are left alone and do we have some lifesaver abilities for when things go bad (low health, unable to cast etc.)? I mean Paladin has bubbles, LoH. MW monk: mobility + almost instant casts, Resto druid: mobility, bear form, cc. Priest: tankiness. What do we have?

  2. #2
    GW talents and pack spirit trait can make you pretty beefy.

  3. #3
    Resto with proper talents can be rather tanky proof: https://clips.twitch.tv/ZanyImpartialNoodleMau5
    Last edited by HCLM; 2019-04-13 at 05:33 PM.

  4. #4
    Ha ha, good one.
    Last edited by Animron; 2019-04-14 at 04:38 PM.

  5. #5
    Watch CDEWs most recent Youtube on Shaman AFK healing. He basically spends 80% of the game away from his desk and doesnt die to a team of 2.4k rated

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldor666 View Post
    Watch CDEWs most recent Youtube on Shaman AFK healing. He basically spends 80% of the game away from his desk and doesnt die to a team of 2.4k rated
    First off, it was 2v2, so there's that.
    And the enemies MMR was like 2,1k.

    Second, enemy had no magic dispel, which makes this entire strat a lot more easier (because GW is dispelable)

    Lastly, that DK spents the first 30 seconds hammering on the Shaman, despite the fact that he's clearly not dying, which is a big hint that the DK has no idea that Resto Shamans won't die while he's in GW.

    Bottom line, train the Shaman's mate, play on Dampening (which most people do anyway), don't be an idiot and stop attacking the Shaman if he plays with the GW package.

    If you hope that saves your ass in 3v3 as easily against an RMP, you better have mates that know how to peel, because both Priest and Mage will dispel your ass faster than you can switch into GW.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    First off, it was 2v2, so there's that.
    And the enemies MMR was like 2,1k.

    Second, enemy had no magic dispel, which makes this entire strat a lot more easier (because GW is dispelable)

    Lastly, that DK spents the first 30 seconds hammering on the Shaman, despite the fact that he's clearly not dying, which is a big hint that the DK has no idea that Resto Shamans won't die while he's in GW.

    Bottom line, train the Shaman's mate, play on Dampening (which most people do anyway), don't be an idiot and stop attacking the Shaman if he plays with the GW package.

    If you hope that saves your ass in 3v3 as easily against an RMP, you better have mates that know how to peel, because both Priest and Mage will dispel your ass faster than you can switch into GW.
    And goes OOM faster than you even start noticing their dmg

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    And goes OOM faster than you even start noticing their dmg
    RMP doesn't play on dampening, so yeah, they're just looking to kill you during one of their opener(s).
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-04-15 at 09:33 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    RMP doesn't play on dampening, so yeah, they're just looking to kill you during one of their opener(s).
    You're talking like shaman is alone vs 3 players... Rsham have survi issues against melee cleaves not comps like RMP. One dispel is one gcd. If you keep diapelling gw all the time that means you are not doing any dmg/healing/cc, and u still have es, roptide, tw, and ch buff on the way.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    One dispel is one gcd. If you keep diapelling gw all the time that means you are not doing any dmg/healing/cc, and u still have es, roptide, tw, and ch buff on the way.
    We're talking about RMP, which are throwing around CC's like nothing if they want to.
    That is after all, their win condition.
    Kidney focus Target, CC rest, Continue to kill the focus target.

    Especially during the opener, the disc just has nothing to do, because they sap one target, poly the other, if one of your mates is not sitting a CC, he'll be busy peeling rather than actually applying pressure, even if he does, PW:S stops most damage.

    Especially if the Mage is playing Kleptomania, which steals every single magic buff from you and if they use that while you're sitting a stun, you're essentially naked.

    This is strength of RMP, CC people, set up a kill and burst down the focus target.
    GW package is just not strong enough against massive burst, it's good against sustained damage, even then, two people generally are sufficient to put enough pressure on you.

    And most people in 3v3 decide to go Earthgrab as Resto, without Spirit Wolf, this entire strat takes a huge dent, because 20% damage reduction kinda enable Pack spirit and spectral recovery to do their work.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-04-15 at 11:01 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    We're talking about RMP, which are throwing around CC's like nothing if they want to.
    That is after all, their win condition.
    Kidney focus Target, CC rest, Continue to kill the focus target.

    Especially during the opener, the disc just has nothing to do, because they sap one target, poly the other, if one of your mates is not sitting a CC, he'll be busy peeling rather than actually applying pressure, even if he does, PW:S stops most damage.

    Especially if the Mage is playing Kleptomania, which steals every single magic buff from you and if they use that while you're sitting a stun, you're essentially naked.

    This is strength of RMP, CC people, set up a kill and burst down the focus target.
    GW package is just not strong enough against massive burst, it's good against sustained damage, even then, two people generally are sufficient to put enough pressure on you.

    And most people in 3v3 decide to go Earthgrab as Resto, without Spirit Wolf, this entire strat takes a huge dent, because 20% damage reduction kinda enable Pack spirit and spectral recovery to do their work.
    Are you some kind of RMP fan boi or you don't know how to play against it and that's why you consider it so stupidly OP? If they are throwing CC, they can't dispel you. If they can't dispel you, you can just kite them. If rogue uses stun on your team mates he won't use it on you... Also you're going for Earthgrab in 2s 99% of the time.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Are you some kind of RMP fan boi or you don't know how to play against it and that's why you consider it so stupidly OP?
    RMP is not OP, but the GW package isn't that good against RMP as Resto, that's the point.
    Also because it eats up any possible defensive Azerite Trait, Earthgrab and at least one PvP talent (which are a big deal for Resto).

    It's a thing that works in Random bg's where people have no clue or in 2v2, which is a notoriously imbalanced bracket to begin with.

    So i guess what i am trying to say here all the time: Don't let yourself get fooled by the GW package, if the enemy knows where the weaknesses of this strat lie, they will exploit it.
    You're not going to survive anything in 3v3 (the bracket Blizzard mostly cares about) by sitting into GW and expecting you're just going to outheal the damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    If they are throwing CC, they can't dispel you.
    As said above, if the Fire Mage is playing Kleptomania, it's a single GCD to purge the Shamans entire buff bar.
    And they don't need perma dispel on the Shaman, they need it when they're setting up a kill.

    Even for the Priest, Psychic scream is instant, it's a single GCD, afterwards it's open for dispel.

    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    If rogue uses stun on your team mates he won't use it on you...
    I do not believe anyone who ever played RMP or against it considers Kidney on anything but the focus target a serious option.
    In extreme fringe cases perhaps, but that's really it.

    The Rogue is primarily there to control the focus target, outside of Blind,Sap and Smoke Bomb.

    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Also you're going for Earthgrab in 2s 99% of the time.
    Fun fact:
    The clip you referred to above is part of the 1%.

  13. #13
    Dunno mate, I never had any of your issues againsy mage + rogue in 2s or mage + rogue + anything in 3s. GW is not there so you can facetank the dmg it is to give you that crazy sustain while hugging the pillar and be literally unkillable while doing it.

    Meanwhile you are talking like dispeling GW is insta killing the rsham... You just activate it again 0.5s later. And if mage is wasting his 30s cd dispel while you are stuned, that is one less damage spell in you...
    Last edited by HCLM; 2019-04-17 at 03:00 PM.

  14. #14
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    105
    I think you can afk heal arenas like HERE

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Meanwhile you are talking like dispeling GW is insta killing the rsham
    I'm not, my stance is pretty clearly explained above.
    If you read too much into "Don't rely on the GW package to save you" that's not my problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    You just activate it again 0.5s later.
    Problem is that it keeps resetting the timer of your azerite traits and spectral recovery.
    Also resets Spirit wolf stacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    And if mage is wasting his 30s cd dispel while you are stuned, that is one less damage spell in you...
    By that logic, dispelling is by itself useless unless the healer can dispel.
    I mean c'mon, if you have Riptide & Earth shield running, getting dispelled is a big deal, if you have Tidebringer / SWG running, that's an ever bigger deal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •