Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    If you're hurt by words and you're on mmo-c you must cry all day every day, im surprised you havent taken your own life.
    Or you could grow up a bit and realize that people say these things to hurt, as well as elicit a response. Sure, grow a thicker skin, but the point is people shouldn’t have to. You just demonstrated why things like the KKK and any religious or fanatical organization that doesn’t accept everyone exists. You think it’s okay to say these things like it’s witty banter while overlooking the fact people wouldn’t say these things if not to hurt and spread hate.

On the topic at hand, racism exists. One day it might be gone and be a thing of the past; but it will take time. Probably a very long time. Even media that tries to portray different races in all walks of life is guilty of it. Even Black Panther at its core has an “us vs them” mentality with Kilmonger’s reasoning. Kilmonger himself, portrayed by one of my favorite actors at this time, was portrayed with more of a “street thug” mentality, even though he was incredibly educated, intelligent, and military trained. He still came off as very street level thug in his mannerisms.
    Not even looking at Black Panther, hoe many movies have people seen by a predominantly white cast, let alone a movie like that with blacks people or any other ethnicity played in a good light or other than laughs?
    Or how about Jordan’s new movie Us? I loved that movie, but the one group of white people in it were portrayed as horrible people.
    Then you have outside of media. In an interview with Jordan, he was asked if he would make movies with a white cast as the leads? He stated no. Fine answer, but the problem is this: why the hell should anyone care whether he does that or not?
    Just the fact I spoke of Michael B Jordan’s mannerisms in Black Panther shows even I have tendencies to associate things based on race. The problem is racism is ingrained into us. One day we can get past that, but it’s going to take work and effort. And time.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-04-11 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cena View Post
    I agree with you. But even if you stop talking about it or responding to it, there are those who continue discrimination because they think its ok to continue because no response means no consequence.
    Discrimination may continue but that's a different topic. In the video you linked that's just cyberbullying. Even if the 2 will pick things from racism it's for a different purpose and it fought in a different manner. The discrimination people experience in real life like at work or on the street is not the same thing as cyberbullying at all and they should be treated differently even if they seem very similar at first.

Cyberbullying can be shut down the moment it happens simply by playing it down and giving it no credit whatsoever like I said in my previous post, but real life discrimination is completely different, if you can't get a job because of your skin color, you can't just come back the next day and act like nothing happened and you got the job. Cyberbullying doesn't follow any real life rules it's literally just words thrown around they can absolutely be ignored.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    “People with education” do you have any idea how egalitarian you sound with that coming out of your mouth

It’s 2019, the people that legit hate someone because of skin pigmentation (in western culture) are a fringe group of hill billies in the middle of nowhere

What people actually have issues with is culture, I’m guessing you have been very sheltered your entire life

But if you really want to saciate your obsession with finding racism to feed your addiction to feeling morally superior, look to Muslim countries, South Africa, basically any non western society and you’ll find plenty of it to harp over

We’re in the west, we are better (culturally) and nobody gives a fuck about that tribal skin bullshit you think is rampant in today’s society
    Oh right so not giving a shit is the best way to make things better in the future right? If no one ever gave a shit, we would still be stuck with 1600's mentality of earth being the center of the universe. Ya im not gonna lie that I have been a bit sheltered. Not ashamed to admit that, but all im saying is that discrimination is wrong and we can do better because we can make a choice. And ya this issue isn't only pertained to NA, its all around the world I get it.

At least in NA we try to make this better here. And it will serve as an example for others around the globe.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I told you how many times I was told I suck black dick on Xbox Live before I gave up ever playing again you could be offended for me.

As it is I subscribe to the “ If you don’t like the show change the channel.” school of thought.

Face it, online and in gaming it’s just as likely an attempt to troll and insult you than true racism. That’s why arguing about how gamers and the internet is more representative of “real” racism than real life because people can remain anonymous is truly pointless,.

Trolling is hard without resorting to race, gay slurs, fat jokes or calling someone Hitler. Most people don’t have the intelligence or wit to be Don Rickles or Rodney Dangerfield and just go for low hanging fruit for insults.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    Discrimination may continue but that's a different topic. In the video you linked that's just cyberbullying. Even if the 2 will pick things from racism it's for a different purpose and it fought in a different manner. The discrimination people experience in real life like at work or on the street is not the same thing as cyberbullying at all and they should be treated differently even if they seem very similar at first.

Cyberbullying can be shut down the moment it happens simply by playing it down and giving it no credit whatsoever like I said in my previous post, but real life discrimination is completely different, if you can't get a job because of your skin color, you can't just come back the next day and act like nothing happened and you got the job. Cyberbullying doesn't follow any real life rules it's literally just words thrown around they can absolutely be ignored.
    I understand what you are saying, but I still have a hard time accepting that a person won't throw racist words at you in real life or be discriminatory towards you, but as soon as you get behind a monitor you become your true self and say the very words that you wouldn't say in front of a person. To me that is just going backwards. If you are a non-discriminatory person then you should follow that principle everywhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    OK, that was an impressive sjw white knight rant, I hope you are feeling proud, tolerant and inclusive.

Now back to the real world, people are assholes, most people are assholes in fact, the internet multiplies that too, it has been so since pretty much forever.
    Get over it, move on, or go live in the mountains fwr away from man and marry a goat.
    Sounds like you hate the human race and lost all hope.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Or you could grow up a bit and realize that people say these things to hurt, as well as elicit a response. Sure, grow a thicker skin, but the point is people shouldn’t have to. You just demonstrated why things like the KKK and any religious or fanatical organization that doesn’t accept everyone exists. You think it’s okay to say these things like it’s witty banter while overlooking the fact people wouldn’t say these things if not to hurt and spread hate.

On the topic at hand, racism exists. One day it might be gone and be a thing of the past; but it will take time. Probably a very long time. Even media that tries to portray different races in all walks of life is guilty of it. Even Black Panther at its core has an “us vs them” mentality with Kilmonger’s reasoning. Kilmonger himself, portrayed by one of my favorite actors at this time, was portrayed with more of a “street thug” mentality, even though he was incredibly educated, intelligent, and military trained. He still came off as very street level thug in his mannerisms.
    Not even looking at Black Panther, hoe many movies have people seen by a predominantly white cast, let alone a movie like that with blacks people or any other ethnicity played in a good light or other than laughs?
    Or how about Jordan’s new movie Us? I loved that movie, but the one group of white people in it were portrayed as horrible people.
    Then you have outside of media. In an interview with Jordan, he was asked if he would make movies with a white cast as the leads? He stated no. Fine answer, but the problem is this: why the hell should anyone care whether he does that or not?
    Just the fact I spoke of Michael B Jordan’s mannerisms in Black Panther shows even I have tendencies to associate things based on race. The problem is racism is ingrained into us. One day we can get past that, but it’s going to take work and effort. And time.
    Ya probably another 500 years before people finally get over their issue with color and realize we are all the same.

I understand what you are saying, but I still have a hard time accepting that a person won't throw racist words at you in real life or be discriminatory towards you, but as soon as you get behind a monitor you become your true self and say the very words that you wouldn't say in front of a person. To me that is just going backwards. If you are a non-discriminatory person then you should follow that principle everywhere.
    Oh that's just the tip of the iceberg my friend.
    We live in a world where people dress nice for work, have civil discussion about important subjects, manage money, employees, project, they make the society move forward. When they get home they turn on the computer, throw their pants away and jerk off to crying little girls tied up to the ceiling, either in hentai or real life shit. All on their own free will. We are literally raised to have this privacy where we become demons behind the screen. So someone getting pissed while losing an online game and being mean to a teammate, throwing racist slurs, sure it's not nice, but it's nowhere near the most disgusting thing happening behind a screen at this very moment.

Keep in mind I only talked about people enjoying these things, not even the people MAKING this content, and I kept this pretty soft. The level of fucked up shit happening in the world is a million times worse than any racial slurs you can think of. And again, I'm not excusing the racist behavior, it's bad, but when you understand how deeply disturbed people are in general it puts things in a different perspective.

Ya probably another 500 years before people finally get over their issue with color and realize we are all the same.
    Whites are oppressors
    Non-whites are victims
    But race doesn't exist
    Yet I love racial diversity
    And I celebrate our differences
    Because we're all the same

Not to bash on that point but we're really not all the same. Even if we all had the same skin color, we don't talk the same way, don't walk the same way, don't think the same way. None of those are reasons for discrimination but to entirely remove racism from the world we would all need to become one culture that does the same things, think the same way, enjoy the same things, believe the same things etc. To get there will take time and I think that's what he meant.

There's just no way everyone in the world will suddenly agree that it's fine to throw homosexuals off rooftop, sell your 13 year old daughter in marriage or stone women because their husband cheated on them. As long as things like this exist we are nowhere near accepting others for what they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Race discussions are against the rules and this really has nothing to do with the game itself, I'm going to close this here.