Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The solution is super easy. Any form of group in Warmode gets phased away to it's own cluster. With their sharding tech that they're super proud of forcing onto players, it should be easy to make this happen. You can even have it broken down further where raid groups are clustered together in a shard and parties up to 5 are together in a different shard. It's not a hard solution, Blizzard just doesn't care.
    I like this idea

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    we will get a lot of content just paced out more evenly so they have time to work in AI.
    So basically less content less often. How is this good, especially when Blizzard charges by the month? And to back things even further up, why did they release an expansion that's just a testbed. Are we going all the way back to paying to play a beta version of a game again, like so many other "games as a service" fiascos from other publishers/developers?

Like Scarecrowz said: We, as the general playersbase, need to stop making excuses for Blizzard. Moreover, we need to stop being so accepting of half-baked content releases and expansion launches. I get that a game like WoW is exceedingly complex, but BfA is showing us that it basically launched too early. We're only just now getting a mostly complete product with 8.2, over 8 months after it's launch. Seriously...why the hell is that acceptable?

War Mode is a perfect example of this. It's the skeleton or framework of a fully formed feature, but not an actual feature in and of itself. Granted, it's a framework with a LOT of potential. But Blizzard is selling us an empty cup while charging by the month on the promise that MAYBE later on, at some unknown future date, there will be something cool to fill it with.

Warfronts and Islands have this exact same problem. Loads of potential, but half finished for months even after PTR and beta testers identified their lacking nature, while we pay Blizzard for them to work on it. Gamers will absolutely roast and shit all over products like Fallout 76 and Anthem for this type of behavior, but with Blizzard we praise them and continue to pay them for it. Why?

Even if 8.2 fully addresses and completes these issues, it's still unforgivable to gate and charge for it during the previous 8 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    This is the reality of a true World PvP'er (in my eyes)
    A person who does it SOLO and without any rewards (sadly)
    One of the few youtubers who is a true world pvp'er.

You've been severely missing out since you seem to have overlooked Return the hunter and his friend CrusaderSev7n the paladin.

But then again, they've basically stopped posting videos because BfA is in a pretty poor state.

I nerver thought about that! That is brilliant! D:

If more than 5 players tag a person it counts as a dishonorable kill!
    Making everyone disband and look for their own people to kill.

Dude...you are brilliant.

Was this what you were saying=?
    That doesn't solve anything, what happens when the group of 10 people are fighting with the other 10 players? Only 5 people are getting counts for a kill? That's just complicating WPvP/Warmode much more than it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That doesn't solve anything, what happens when the group of 10 people are fighting with the other 10 players? Only 5 people are getting counts for a kill? That's just complicating WPvP/Warmode much more than it is right now.
    It also seems very counterintuitve for an MMO to discourage grouping.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Essentially yes, that would completely discourage more than 5 player groups from farming areas/people, it would also create tension between competing groups which would add more complexity to world PvP. Dishonorable could be a short debuff you get that prevents you from gaining honor in WPVP.
    Except for the fact that most of the time, ganging up on players is not for the honour points, but for griefing. Griefers don't give a shit about not getting honour points, and anyway if it were for points, BG are much, much more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We absolutely roast and shit all over Blizzard's products. And while people hated on Fallout 76 and Anthem, that also did not stop them for paying for them. There is NO double standard here, games can have a lot of vocal critics and a lot of customers and often those two groups might even intersect. It happens for all publishers.
    The difference is that Fallout 76 and Anthem sales have tanked hard. People are not buying their garbage, but people continue to give WoW money. This is probably because FO76 and Anthem don't have players with 10+ years of investment in their accounts. The ONLY reason WoW is not in full on panic mode is because they have enough entrenched players to keep them rolling in profits no matter how bad the actual profits are.

And that's what needs to stop. People need to pull the needle out and recognize the borderline stockholme syndrome behavior they've been exhibiting towards WoW and Blizzard. I mean, Christ....even the Star Wars fans aren't this bad when it comes to terrible game releases. What is it about WoW that keeps people throwing money at such a bad product?

PVP is just one aspect of a larger problem with the game, and it's hard not to keep going off topic to the broader scope of the issue. Really, when you get down to it, what does WoW's world PVP even have? There's no leaderboards, no objectives, no real progression. It's just a hollow shell with a handful of meaningless achievements. What's the purpose of War Mode besides allowing grievers to spew toxicity all over the game by engaging in some of the worst and lowest forms of "PVP" in videogames?

The entire concept and systems of WPVP needs to be taken out of the game until something with actual substance and meaning can replace it.

- - - Updated - - -

PVP is just one aspect of a larger problem, and it's hard not to keep going off topic to the broader scope of the issue. Really, when you get down to it, what does WoW's world PVP even have? There's no leaderboards, no objectives, no real progression. It's just a hollow shell with a handful of meaningless achievements. What's the purpose of War Mode besides allowing grievers to spew toxicity all over the game by engaging in some of the worst and lowest forms of "PVP" in videogames?

The entire concept and systems of WPVP needs to be taken out of the game until something with actual substance and meaning can replace it. Even GW2's WvWvW is better. Warhammer Online, an extremely outdated and shut down game did WPVP better. ESO, ffs, does WPVP better than WoW.

Simply allowing people to fight other players in what is otherwise a 100% PVE setting is a bad design. With all the other examples in other MMOs and various large-scale PVP games out there to draw from, there's no excuse for Blizzard to have no implemented something better.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-04-15 at 10:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    What do you think are the negative consequences of giving WPVP quest rewards?
    People feeling obliged to complete these quests for said rewards, then they'll flood various forums with "WoW feels like a second job and a chore" and "blizzard is forcing me to do pvp" posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think gank groups are just out there for Achievements/Conquest from Call to Arms.
    There are guilds which dedicated their time to gank people, then run to forums and post screeshots.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    People feeling obliged to complete these quests for said rewards, then they'll flood various forums with "WoW feels like a second job and a chore" and "blizzard is forcing me to do pvp" posts
    but do they do it ? i mean the reward is crap since normal dailies 4 quest offer you exackly the same itlv rewards. and i cant 385 gear being appealing to anyone who doesnt enjoy doin it in first place

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Shut down Warmode if he/she doesn't want to challenge a Raid.
    But warmode will be forced on us in the new zones they add.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The hell? No they won't. Why would you think it's forced?

you do the overwhelming odds quest alone?
    Yes, me too. I just do it in one week like its supposed to be, instead of "farming it" in one go. It's really easy to get some kills while doing wolrld quests or more easily via invasions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    but do they do it ? i mean the reward is crap since normal dailies 4 quest offer you exackly the same itlv rewards. and i cant 385 gear being appealing to anyone who doesnt enjoy doin it in first place
    Apparently yes.

No reward is crap according to these people, since anything can titanforge into 450 item or something, so in order to get the best gear, you have to do everything, everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The hell? No they won't. Why would you think it's forced?
    "War Mode is enabled in Mechagon, but the central hub is neutral and you will be attacked by guards if you initiate combat with the opposite faction. The turrets are not PvP enabled, but it seems like Ion wanted them to be now that Taliesin mentioned it."

I'd think it was forced because Blizzard forced it on. Just a guess though.

Warmode isn't a new thing, you've always been able to swap between PvE servers and PvP servers... but you used to have to pay for the privilege.
    Now you just head to your capital and swap server type.

That's all ... people complaining about having more choice and paying Blizzard less money are missing the point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Incorrect - Warmode will be ENABLED, but it will still be up to you to toggle it ON or OFF.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

War mode is good thing. I'd just like to see more WPvP like activities in the world, there's a lot of potential.

400 ilvl conquest gear. The Azerite pieces in particular are amazing. Only thing saving raid gear is Treacherous Covenant.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I also do it this way while doing faction assaults.
    dont you need a decent arena rating for this ? i thought that people who dont do arenas get 370 or similiar crap from conquest. but may be wrong.

Sometimes u gotta do what you gotta do. You bring fun to other 24 people, enjoy yourself for fulfilling your purpose in this game, you are the content in world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    What do you think are the negative consequences of giving WPVP quest rewards?
    promotes what i said

Raids killing solo innocent players