Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    None of this is specific to Warmode. It's a problem with world PvP in general.
    Exactly. And Ion is so stubbornly arrogant or ignorant that he refuses to or is incapable of understanding this. He's also arrogant enough as to his ability to know what's best for players (despite frequently being in DIRECT opposition of what the player base has clearly stated) that it didn't occur to him to make "War Mode" the standard for PvP realms only. They could easily have limited War Mode to "always on" buffs for PvP realms, thereby leaving PvE realms the hell alone.

Blizz could have offered free realm transfer(s) to PvP realms afterwards, or let people pay to move (or level new toons), but instead he's forced this toxic nonsense onto PvE realms, making it harder to find groups for PvE content in non-War Mode. It makes PvE min-maxers feel compelled to War Mode even if they really don't want to.

Worse, despite sticking to non-War Mode on my main level characters, I get flagged more than ever before, because they deliberately hid tons of opposing faction camps everywhere, putting them on top of WQ objectives or using harsh terrain to funnel players into force flag zones. And again, if a player gets flagged, it's "THEIR FAULT" even though Ion (amoral liar) promised players would finally be free from force flagging, and that THAT was what PvE players gained from the addition of War Mode to their PvE realms.

Meanwhile, people leveling in War Mode tend to leave each other alone (cuz trolls tend to be the only people that really want world PvP - so long as it's unfair world PvP with them having a gross advantage), but even THAT is ruined by bullying trolls at level 110-120 that go to lowbie areas and slaughter questers, sometimes even as players of THEIR OWN FACTION emote for them to stop!!!

PvE players just get completely screwed. Words cannot express the hate and contempt I have for that dude for his heavy-handed approach that is RUINING this game.
    Last edited by Tazr; 2019-04-15 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    Exactly. And Ion is so freaking stupid that he doesn't understand this. He's also such an incompetent moron that it didn't occur to him to make "War Mode" the standard for PvP realms, leaving PvE realms the hell alone. They could have offered free realm transfer(s) to PvP realms afterwards, or let people pay to move, but instead he's forced this toxic nonsense onto PvE realms, making it harder to find groups for PvE content because FOMO has too many people in War Mode.

Worse, I get flagged more than ever, because they deliberately hid tons of opposing faction camps everywhere and put them on top of WQ objectives or used harsh terrain to funnel you into force flag zones. And again, if you get flagged, it's "YOUR FAULT" even though Ion (amoral liar) promised that you wouldn't get force flagged, and that THAT was what PvE players on PvE realms gained from the addition of War Mode to their realms.

Meanwhile, people leveling in War Mode leave each other alone, and bullying trolls at level 110-120 go to lowbie areas and slaughter questers, sometimes even as players of THEIR OWN FACTION emote for them to stop!!!

PvE players just get completely screwed. Words cannot express the hate and contempt I have for that dude.
    All I hear is incompetence.

All posts like this: "<insert other faction here> are ganking people too much. Warmode is fun only when I'm on the winning side. Blizzard needs to make <my faction> dominant in PvP again."

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    All posts like this: "<insert other faction here> are ganking people too much. Warmode is fun only when I'm on the winning side. Blizzard needs to make <my faction> dominant in PvP again."
    its not about that
    is about promoting an unhealthy pvp experience

like ion said (if you read) party of 5 combat is what is right

WM is a great feature. It's a lot of fun and makes the world a bit more threatening on the whole. My only complaint is that they're not capitalizing on it more with more features. Though, that might change with 8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Essentially yes, that would completely discourage more than 5 player groups from farming areas/people, it would also create tension between competing groups which would add more complexity to world PvP. Dishonorable could be a short debuff you get that prevents you from gaining honor in WPVP.
    Do you think those people care about honor? I think they are just bored and somehow having fun killing 1 player....

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    "War Mode is enabled in Mechagon, but the central hub is neutral and you will be attacked by guards if you initiate combat with the opposite faction. The turrets are not PvP enabled, but it seems like Ion wanted them to be now that Taliesin mentioned it."

I'd think it was forced because Blizzard forced it on. Just a guess though.
    No. You read too much into it. All they were saying was that you could toggle it on and off in Mechagon. I really don't think they're gonna make a zone like that pvp only

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    WM is a great feature. It's a lot of fun and makes the world a bit more threatening on the whole. My only complaint is that they're not capitalizing on it more with more features. Though, that might change with 8.2.
    It's a great feature that should exist without incentives other than PvP talents and honor gains.

World PvP has always been an afterthought because there's no point in putting resources into something so volatile and impossible to balance.

War mode wasn't added to promote world PvP, war mode was added to help the people that had a lot of characters stuck on a PvP server but wanted to opt out of world PvP without paying a load of money to transfer and it accomplished that. People thinking otherwise and wanting war mode to do anything beyond letting you attack the opposite faction are the oblivious ones.

i don't think it's too bad considering how it's been for a long time.
    if you mix in the invasions with the control points that give you a zone wide buff of old(extra graveyards,damage done etc.).

players behaving like shit because they don't really wan't to play the game isn't really that easy to balance it around.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    promotes what i said

Raids killing solo innocent players
    Don't really see what raids killing solo players have to do with WPVP rewards? O.o They are as far as possible from each other.

Besides, people have to have something to do and adding quests somewhat creates that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    People feeling obliged to complete these quests for said rewards, then they'll flood various forums with "WoW feels like a second job and a chore" and "blizzard is forcing me to do pvp" posts
    Have not really met anybody before who felt like it was an obligation to do the quests. Have heard it was a problem for top tier mythic people, but thats it. There are just so many sources of gear nowadays, that if you don't want to do pvp, you can do SO much else.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the only issue i have with warmode is that summoning people with it on/off is fucking retarded

7+ Year Old Account
    This isn't Blizzards problem, or a Warmode problem. Its a player mentality problem.
    If they penalized raid pvp, people will bitch, if they don't people will bitch.

How about you get into a raid do the same thing, I've found tons of enjoyment going Raid Against Raid, even situations were it felt like a battle, and we used strategies to overwhelm and catch the other raid off guard. Hell I've even just made 5-mans and PVP'd areas during zone attacks while doing the quest, and had...zero problems. So don't be afraid to group up with people and make friends. Its an MMO afterall.

Side note, i hardly see pvp raids anymore lol

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Don't really see what raids killing solo players have to do with WPVP rewards? O.o They are as far as possible from each other.

Besides, people have to have something to do and adding quests somewhat creates that.
    WPvp rewards is an incentive to do world pvp.
    Players will always choose the path of least resistance

Therefore, raids

10% extra rewards is 10% less time doing WQ in the long run. Good outweighs the bad

10+ Year Old Account
    WPVP has never been balanced and the most memorable WPVP was always with raid groups beating on each other. Ion is just stupid in this regard.

No problem whatsoever with having multiple parties farming\ganking in the same quest areas. Makes sense, particularly in Invasion WQs.

What i had a BIG problem with was the lack of adequate guards at the major hubs on each area, but that was fixed recently. Thankfully. If you now get ganked on the major hubs like Terace of the Devoted or Vulpera Hideaway in Vol'dun, lvl 120+ guards keep popping up and can actually kill the players, which is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would honestly say without any extra qualification that Ion Hozikostas is 95% of the problem with WoW in all forms. He doesn't listen, pushes bad game systems, doubles down on bad game systems, lawyer-soeaks player feedback, and generally doesn't respect the intelligence of his audience. Worse than that, the man has zero idea of what fun looks like.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    WPvp rewards is an incentive to do world pvp.
    Players will always choose the path of least resistance

Therefore, raids
    I get that people will do things in raids if they are allowed to, since it makes things faster...
    But ain't it impossible to do the WPVP quests in raids? Or am i missing something?
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Of course not, he is just intentionally turning a blind eye to reality, like a lackey.