Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    All War Mode really does is give us a new UI. It's superficial. A reskin that doesn't actually change WPVP at all.
    *giggled* do you mind if I add links of your last couple of messages here to my last one (of course, I'll add them anyway, but just wanted to do it some kind more officially)
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-04-17 at 07:09 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I had it on at launch because no one could gank
    Got to 118 turned it off and only used it for the high rewards when they were introduced
    erm thats not what i mean - i level up every toon in WM since nobody is gakinging anyway outside of few quest hubs because allience only swarms to 1 spot when they have 50 people in one place and can go 50 vs 1 .

i mean in endgame - whats the point of keeping it for shitty ap increase. what you will get 1 extra level of neck out of it ? wow such a change.

still the real warmode will start in mechagon - 1 zone for 2 fractions cannot wait for this shitshow and allienc whining when they no longer have advantage of 50 vs 1 .

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    wait a second, what i described is fun and engaging?

All i did on my monk alt to complete Overwhelming Odds quest was do 1 ranged ability on people while other 50 alliances killed them....
    you're talking about one quest. i'm talking about world pvp as a whole right now

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    erm thats not what i mean - i level up every toon in WM since nobody is gakinging anyway outside of few quest hubs because allience only swarms to 1 spot when they have 50 people in one place and can go 50 vs 1 .

i mean in endgame - whats the point of keeping it for shitty ap increase. what you will get 1 extra level of neck out of it ? wow such a change.

still the real warmode will start in mechagon - 1 zone for 2 fractions cannot wait for this shitshow and allienc whining when they no longer have advantage of 50 vs 1 .
    I mean it's not going to be forced PVP and a lot of the HUD will be protected by guards plus you have to take into account that most players there will simply be there to collect stuff.

the end game reward for war mode is essentially the resources the gold and the neck power which was very powerful in the beginning of the game now not so much and it's just easier for people to leave it on instead of switching in and out which is fine a lot of the players I know are always in war mode and why not when you can essentially get free honor when a couple little horry's try to come by as boomkins and kill you and you just reflect all of their magic and burn them down because there's a s*** at playing the game

Besides wasn't horde bitching once the invasion started because of the bonuses that the alliance got for being outnumbered which kind of takes the whole 50 versus one in the alliance favor theory and throws it out the window

Dear Ion,

Warmode is bullshit.

Thanks,
    dusel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    None of this is specific to Warmode. It's a problem with world PvP in general.
    Uh...Warmode *is* world PvP.

And Warmode is definitely worse for raidgroup zergs now than in the past few years. There are too many incentives to do it now, and no real alternatives (except turning PvP off).

Blizz needs to put raidgroups into their own shards, where they can fight other raids. No more of this 1 vs 100 crap.

If I can solo a 2.5M+ HP mob down to about 300k and have it suddenly be phased out mid combat despite not joining a group nor inviting anyone to my party...

I think we can have forced parity for warmode. Even if it means phasing group members out from each other because an enemy faction person leaves the area.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

I never would turn on warmode. Because i love my mental health.

Its not a problem of sharding.
    It is. Troll elsewhere.

If there are 40 alliance within 100 yards of me, but there are not 39 horde, it is a sharding issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    People have always had this unrealistic idea of world pvp, maybe it's because those fancy, cherry-picked pvp videos? Who knows.

Whenever I run around with WM on these days horde either ignore me unless they outnumber me and I'm dead. At that point I could form a group and repay the favour or move on with what I was doing in the first place.

On the plus side I think WM is actually a success, there sure as hell is more world pvp now than before. From time to time there are some great battles, usually when theres an invasion up.
    That's because you play alliance, and it is known that the horde players are generally greater skill, as seen with raid and M+ stats.

If you played horde you'd find that due to the extreme lack of skill on the alliance side and inability therefore to complete higher content than LFR, may alliance have nothing else to do in the game but harass people trying to do WQs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    I rarely encounter raids in warmode. Don't make it look like it's the norm.
    Ah yes, surely we should take 1 outlier case as the norm, rather than the proven facts.

- - - Updated - - -

I only made this thread because im pretty sure in the future Blizzard wants to create a reward structure for world pvp.
    When that day comes...it will be chaos.
    A chaos i wouldnt like to see :S

If there isnt any sort of limitations like you said, kind sir.
    I mean they already gave out top end raid gear as a world PVP reward, to players violating the ToS for griefing.

The added guards to flight paths are bugged on many levels.
    1. They usually are yellow, which means friendly people to that flight path can accidentally attack them when running by.
    2. They spawn out of warmode via proximity.
    3. They do too little damage.

A 40 man raid should be wiped in 30 seconds or less if triggering guards at a flight point.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

In what ways?

I mean, giving incentives to turning on War Mode definitely gets more players into the pool, but how does War Mode actually improve the underlying PVP system?
    You mentioned a big part of how world pvp is now the best it has been in over a decade, and that’s the incentive of actually getting more people to participate. I feel like, for a long time, folks didn’t have solid motivation to put themselves in a situation where they are at direct conflict with a member of the opposite faction, and warmode directly helps fill that void.

I’ve been ganked by groups of horde, and because these situations occurred while I was completing world quests, I was able to find others who were looking to hit back, either through group finder or just simply general chat. These battles, more often than not, turn out to be quite epic, mainly because once one side begins getting the upper hand, it pretty much causes the other group to continue to accumulate members.

If your sole goal in this game is to simply get quests done with no pvp interaction, you’d simply have to play with WM turned off, which Blizz had made incredibly simple to do in any rest area of your choosing.
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    My main issues with war mode tend to be, more-or-less, issues which I find inherent to sharding as a whole (i.e. if you don't like there being a group nearby, you can easily phase onto a different shard to escape combat).

Although war mode tends to be a bit more robust than previous iterations of world pvp, I don't find the need to occasionally group up to complete quests anything new (Legion world quests, in particular, had a relatively high need for grouping up).

As far as the raid vs raid issue, if you find it overwhelming you do have two options:

1. Use group finder to change to a different shard (as I referenced earlier)
    2. Disable war mode.

Honestly, while war mode isn't perfect, it feels like the most vibrant world pvp I've seen in years.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this. You could always play with war mode primarily disabled and then turn it on when you're "in the mood". Unlike the pvp servers of old, you're no longer locked into your world pvp decision.
    Sooooo much this. Warmode is the most lively I’ve seen world PvP since vanilla. It’s nowhere near perfect but there are constantly groups clashing and I love it. The only thing I hate is the sharing. Chasing down a player and they just stand on the boarder of a zone and phase out when near death is cheap af. I wish they’d just create mega servers and kill this sharping junk already.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    1. Use group finder to change to a different shard (as I referenced earlier)
    Hehe, when i was alone doing a world quest and I was in total disadvantage i group find to save myself

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Because i love my mental health.
    After reading through https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Kul-Tiran-but I don't think you "should" love it, and probably should seek professional help with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    How about adding a tag limit to players for credit like with mobs whether in a group or not in WPVP? Problem fucking solved lol.
    This would in no way impact any of the many issues with world PVP/warmode.

People aren't farming kills or honor. They're griefing in violation of the ToS.

Dishonorable kills should make a comeback, with a "deserter" type buff that if stacked past a certain count disconnects the character from the game and refuses login until the requisite time has passed.

1. You kill player, get honor.
    2. Player resses, has "worth no honor" debuff/buff.
    3. You kill player again, get "dishonorable kill" debuff. "Your king/warchief is displeased with your lack of honor. Your own faction NPCs are now hostile toward you."
    4. Player resses again.
    5. You kill player again, get "dishonorable kill" rank 2 debuff. "Azeroth herself is dismayed by your behavior. You don't feel so good. Gear no longer provides beneficial stats." (think rez sickness, but 100% reduction)
    6. Player resses again.
    7. You kill player again, get disconnected with 30 minute timer to log back in. "Griefing is a ToS violation. Take a break and re-evaluate your life choices."

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Ion has this imaginary vision of Vanilla WoW prior to Arenas. What he fails to remember is there was relative faction balance there ANDDDDD in the later years on private servers people figured out camping flight points were more efficient then mindless searching for people in a zone.
    On my server in vanilla, it was overwhelmingly alliance (not balanced). Flight paths weren't camped nearly as much because there were guards around flight paths who were incredibly strong. This is something I wish they would bring back, with better leashing to prevent the guards from being kited to places they shouldn't be and causing chaos. Though it kind of ruins immersion a bit when a common FP guard is miles stronger than the player character. Especially now, as our player character has risen to incredible levels of strength and prestige compared to the average guard around azeroth, but I think it's a worthwhile compromise to keep FPs and certain quest locations less campable.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2019-04-18 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtsinchaos View Post
    You mentioned a big part of how world pvp is now the best it has been in over a decade, and that’s the incentive of actually getting more people to participate. I feel like, for a long time, folks didn’t have solid motivation to put themselves in a situation where they are at direct conflict with a member of the opposite faction, and warmode directly helps fill that void.

I’ve been ganked by groups of horde, and because these situations occurred while I was completing world quests, I was able to find others who were looking to hit back, either through group finder or just simply general chat. These battles, more often than not, turn out to be quite epic, mainly because once one side begins getting the upper hand, it pretty much causes the other group to continue to accumulate members.

If your sole goal in this game is to simply get quests done with no pvp interaction, you’d simply have to play with WM turned off, which Blizz had made incredibly simple to do in any rest area of your choosing.
    When I was still subbed in BfA, I didn't mind getting ganked 1v5. That's counterable and escable if you're smart. A 40man raidgroup was not counterable. I tried getting groups together to counter, but we would get caught hiding long before we had decent numbers. And even if I was able to amass 40 players, they would all be strangers VS (what seemed like) a group using voicechat. It would be like a casual BG group fighting a rated group.

I get that wPvP isn't always fair. I'm OK with unfair fights to a point. That point has been crossed, and I won't be turning Warmode on until they fix it. Put raidgroups into their own shards, maybe even their own Warmode category.

wait a second, what i described is fun and engaging?

All i did on my monk alt to complete Overwhelming Odds quest was do 1 ranged ability on people while other 50 alliances killed them....
    Definitely sounds deserving of top end raid gear.

After all, that's basically how these PVP folks get carried in a raid.

- - - Updated - - -

BfA is already behind Legion on content releases for the amount of time the expansion has been out.
    Because people complained about content being released before Christmas and feeling obligated to play instead of spending time with family.

And Blizzard doesn't want to be working to support it during that time either.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    It is. Troll elsewhere.

If there are 40 alliance within 100 yards of me, but there are not 39 horde, it is a sharding issue.
    No its not.

There is already a system in place created by Blizzard to balance the amount of players in both faction in one shard.

But guess what.
    Is impossible to balance WHERE those 40 people are.

There may be 40 people at south
    And the other 40 people may be in north...

Its impossible to balance.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Ah yes, surely we should take 1 outlier case as the norm, rather than the proven facts.
    Proven facts? Don't make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The hell? No they won't. Why would you think it's forced?
    I'm sure you know better than the person who literally made that decision at Blizzard. We should totally ignore him and listen to you instead.