Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    lol this is horrible ,really horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    It tickles me how many people are putting all their eggs into one basket with classic. None of you have any idea what you're getting into. Nostalgia is a strong force, but for those of us who can look at Classic with out seeing it through rose-tinted glasses, we know exactly what to expect.

Classic as a game will not succeed in this day and age of video gaming. Even if it did, what do you think the plan is with classic once all the "classic" content has been consumed?

I bet a lot of people are expecting Blizzard to essentially create a second development team "recreating" WoW, which is absurd. What will you do after having cleared MC/BWL/whatever after the 50th time? You'll be on the forums complaining about how classic content is stale and demanding new content.
    Then explain how old school runescape is doing so well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    World of Warcraft is the only MMO on Earth that devs dont give a shit to comunity feedback.

Ok, not all ideas of comunity is good but the big huge problem of the game blizzard do not see for some reason. I give up this exp, se you next one guys
    See you on the next expansion that is GOOD - which, at this rate, next one will not be. \o

So this is basically legion legendaries turned into glyphs. Interesting useless recycling. They manage to do it worse than the worst expectations. Welp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i wont lie. when forums thought that its just gonna be legion artifact talent tree system it sounded good to me.

this is just garbage filled with unnesesary farm .

seems horrible and it will end badly once idiots in game start demanding fully unlocked necks for mythic 0 .

the only this that could salvage it in my eyes if they made it account wide system -_- when unlocking it on main automatickly unlocks it on alts.
    This is litterally the legion artifact tree in a new wrapper.

You start with 1 golden trait. The golden trait has the active and passive effect.
    You get 2 medium traits. These are passives, but can mildly effect gameplay such as reducing the cooldown on spells which can significantly change some rotations.
    You get a few minor traits inbetween medium traits. We dont know what these will be yet, but sounds like most of legions non golden traits huh?

You can also change them all around anywhere in the world to fit the situation.

Dungeon spec.
    Raid spec.
    Pvp spec.
    Open world spec. etc

They also plan by 8.3 to unlock another major trait slot, 2 more medium trait slots, and some more minor trait slots.

Is it straight up fixing classes? No, but this system with good classes would be amazing. Dont blame the system. No system could fix classes in the middle of an expansion with reworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You can also change them all around anywhere in the world to fit the situation.
    They said*.

But if they implement the same kind of retarded thing as "exponentially increased cost each time you change them", it will be, as it is today, not even an option.

And I'm afraid they'll do that...

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    They said*.

But if they implement the same kind of retarded thing as "exponentially increased cost each time you change them", it will be, as it is today, not even an option.

And I'm afraid they'll do that...
    If you know how to read, I hope you can read well what I'm saying here:

They will be like talents, meaning you can change them in a rest zone or with a tome, no "aditional cost".

looks pretty boring. since the abilities doesnt affect gameplay of certain baseline abilites. Its just cast and forget it looks like

No offense to all that complain about more farming, no alt share, blablabla.
    But what do you expect of a MMOrpg? That they give you everything from day 1 and than you complain that you dont have anything more to do?

And plus, are those same people that complain are looking forward to classic servers? Because if they are, i'll laught a lot hahaha

The traits..... just look totaly boring, i just dont care at all.

Essences will be Legion Legendaries 2.0.

Lots of bullshit low drop rates, and people will complain of being "useless" unless you have the right ones.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    100k people is successful? If that's the case then BFA is a literal God in terms of success.
    We are talking about a game with graphics from 1995 and click combat yet it has over 100k people logged on at one time. That only means logged on... not actually subbed or playing a month. How many players in WoW do you think play in a snapshot of time.
    ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I mean I bet I can find 100k people that like to fuck trees so I wouldn't exactly call that number ''successful'' but rather just a niche.
    Hmm idk I hear that community is pretty splintered.

This update from Blizzard must be a joke. Has the development team not been paying attention to feedback since day 1 of BFA? Retail wow has gotten too simplistic. The game is now just play a bit, grind up to get new traits and then keep grinding the top trait over and over.

Character progression at Max level has gone to complete shit.

These notes have pushed me to the limit. Official unsubbed. Waiting for classic to start.

At least with classic we know what we're getting and can sink 2-3 years into playing something enjoyable.

Retail Devs should be focusing on building a MMORPG again and not Instances of Warcraft with endless grinds on talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Is this what you tell to people who played Vanilla for over tens years, too?

To me the RPG aspects were important to the game. Without them I don't care for WoW. And retail has nothing to offer in that aspect. Now, Vanilla on the other hand... clunky, sure, but fills in both the MMO and RPG aspects - and got a much more satisfying reward system.
    I played Vanilla for over ten years. Because it was new, and an exciting time in MMO history to be apart of such a hugely successful NEW mmo (which was still being developed). You can try to recreate the servers - but you cannot recreate the true experience, and that's what people are going to get hung up on. A lot more mattered than just "the mechanics" of the game. It was a particular time in gaming history where expectations were much, much lower than they are now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Then explain how old school runescape is doing so well.
    Free with no real hardware requirement.

Also, a very large portion of the old runescape "active players" are actually bots.

And as has been said, I don't think I'd call 100k players "Successful" compared to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I played Vanilla for over ten years. Because it was new, and an exciting time in MMO history to be apart of such a hugely successful NEW mmo (which was still being developed). You can try to recreate the servers - but you cannot recreate the true experience, and that's what people are going to get hung up on. A lot more mattered than just "the mechanics" of the game. It was a particular time in gaming history where expectations were much, much lower than they are now.

- - - Updated - - -

Free with no real hardware requirement.

Also, a very large portion of the old runescape "active players" are actually bots.

And as has been said, I don't think I'd call 100k players "Successful" compared to WoW.
    For what old school runescape is I'd say it's succesful. It has a very low budget and the gameplay and graphics are super outdated. Im saying despite how aged the game is It's doing better than anyone would expect it to. Wow has moved so far away from what the original creators of the game envisioned it isn't even the same game anymore. It's just get to 120 on our railroad, do mythic+, follow minimap icons for killing stars and kill bosses in raids. Professions only have a couple items you can make now and are completely streamlined without having to level them up from past expansions so old materials become useless. No one needs to go back and mine copper ore in durotar anymore. They just go straights to BFA mining. But for what? Their blacksmith can only make BoP stuff that is irrelevant by the time you can craft it.

At least in that game getting levels actually matters. Professions, quests, slayer, etc are all interwoven to create a whole game that depends on all its parts. The gameplay itself can be boring, but you have so many goals and different paths to prioritize "should i get herblore up to 50 to access this quest so I can unlock ability to use *blank* or should I level my combat? Should I raise my magic for access to higher alchemy and more teleports?

WoW Is just "get to 120, increase item level, do esports"

From what I’ve seen and read already it’s not very innovative, the basic idea is there but the way they are doing it is …well, boring AF.

Everyone will have the same Essences none are class specific, they could have made them like the Legion Artifact traits, but I guess that was too much work for them, hell, they could have used the same Artifact traits as legion, at least something interesting. but no this system is boring as hell.

There will be straight off the bat , one best Essence for casters, one for melee, one healers, one for tanks, one 2nd best for… etc etc and EVERYONE will use those, everyone will have the exact same offensive ability the exact same defence ability etc, sorry it sucks, its boring, it lacks innovation, as obviously been designed with very minimal thought, it’s nothing special when everybody has the exact same thing.

What’s happened with Developers actually being developers this is just basic boring C**P

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    So another grind????? Oh joy
    imagine playing a MMORPG game and complaining about grinding...

Next level retardation here boys..

I'm so glad they decided to do Classic now. BfA is such a terrible expac and this patch just looks like Tanaan Jungle from WoD or the Broken Shore in Legion. Just another alt catch up zone that will be dead in a month because everyone has farmed all their benthic gear already.

Also lul @ HoA "update"... I don't think they could come up with any less inspired ideas than this. It really seems like the devs are just bored of WoW and can't come up with anything exciting anymore.

With any luck next expansion they'll finally realise that artifact items and focusing your entire character's progression around that one piece of gear is a really bad design for an MMO.