Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The exploit is 3yrs old. If anyone should be punished its the guy who reused the coding for this item. The guy who tested it and the guy who ok'ed it.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    I'm not sure why you think any feedback would matter. It doesn't matter.
    eh. this is true as well.

no feedback matters other than the shareholder's.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    At this rate - what's an exploit and what's not?

Imagine a pig in a new content patch gives 10000000 xp and you go on and kill that pig to max level. Exploit? Imagine a potion saying it gives 240 int but in fact it gives 1k int and you keep using it. Exploit? Seriously this is just stupid.
    If I transferred $10 from my savings account to my checking account, but it would somehow multiply it by 10 on transfer so I was getting an additional $90 every-time I did it, is that an exploit and as such I should not be punished for it because that was the 'banks fault' for not making it clear that isn't supposed to happen? I can just keep doing it until I get millions lol why is the police at my door?

Of course it wasn't supposed to happen. The exp potion OBVIOUSLY shouldn't be acting the way it was by player manipulation. ESPECIALLY not with how cheap it is considering the value you were getting, and how Blizzard wasn't promoting this new way to 'level'.

Just stop it.
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2019-04-11 at 08:42 PM.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The comments on the video are such a circlejerk. Preach can admit he's at fault (kind of - he low-key complains about it in the video) - why can't his fans?

Really though, I like Preach, but it's hard to feel sorry for him considering he happily exploited a bug (several times) while broadcasting all of it to thousands of people. Hate to say it, but he should have known better; especially because he was actually in touch with Blizzard.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-04-11 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    If I transferred $10 from my savings account to my checking account, but it would somehow multiply it by 10 on transfer so I was getting an additional $90 every-time I did it, is that an exploit and as such I should not be punished for it because that was the 'banks fault' for not making it clear that isn't supposed to happen?

Of course it wasn't supposed to happen. The exp potion OBVIOUSLY shouldn't be acting the way it was by player manipulation. ESPECIALLY not with how cheap it is considering the value you were getting, and how Blizzard wasn't promoting this new way to 'level'.

Just stop it.
    How was is clear that it is not working as intended? I mean you could buy one potion, use it then buy another one use it? Seriously i can imagine that ban wave hit a lot of clueless players. So yeah the line they drew for this is pretty damn dangerous low. Now we have to double check everything if it's working as "intended" or not. Stupid shit. That's all.

You could buy a potion at a time and use it then buy another one and use it etc. Nothing special is needed really.
    The issue here is the intent.

Who in their right mind decides to buy an item => use it => buy another one => use it and so forth, if you could just hit shift, buy a certain amount and then use them.

But if you would do it the common way, said exploit wouldn't work, thus it's a massive hint that a player who just constantly buys a single stack over and over again does this because he knows that the game handles this action different than usual.

Also, as said above, the result of the exploit matter as well, if said Potion would only stack twice due that exploit, no one would have really given a shit and Blizzard had just hotfixed it without any bans.
    However, because some people used the opportunity to boost like 5+ characters to max level, that's another story, they basically saved themselves a shit ton of time, which is extremely unfair who did not engage in such behaviors.

After all, the duration of the ban, as far as i know, did generally depend on the amount of characters people boosted to 120 via this exploit.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-04-11 at 08:48 PM.

They didn't want anyone questioning.

Only free marketing with all the yesmen they could find.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Also his claim no one "Cared about it" is just bullshit.

When I first heard about it, I obviously wouldn't be stupid enough to exploit it myself, but one of the first things I said is they're going to punish people exploiting, esp streamers, and they should. I remember very vividly having a discord convo after our raid about it.

It's against the EULA and just not fair to everyone else who levels normally. So did I "Care" about it? I mean I wasn't going to go on a crusade to get people banned, but I did want people to be punished.

I guess im not everyone, lel.
    Do you remember the honor exploit from last year? Nobody got punished (as in banned), and someone from the "higher up" still got their exploited 200 honor achieve from last july. Now THAT was also viral compared to this leveling thingie.

How was is clear that it is not working as intended?
    By leveling an entire roster to max level in less than a day.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Also his claim no one "Cared about it" is just bullshit.

When I first heard about it, I obviously wouldn't be stupid enough to exploit it myself, but one of the first things I said is they're going to punish people exploiting, esp streamers, and they should. I remember very vividly having a discord convo after our raid about it.

It's against the EULA and just not fair to everyone else who levels normally. So did I "Care" about it? I mean I wasn't going to go on a crusade to get people banned, but I did want people to be punished.

I guess im not everyone, lel.
    Exactly this.

As soon as the exploit was found out, people were all around about it. That's why they 'apparently' spammed Bliz twitter about it, they just wanted to use it so bad.
    Meanwhile lots of people were telling others to not do it, it will get you banned. But ofc, they were like 'ahh so what bfa sucks'.

Fast forward a little and those were the same people who raged on mmo-c forums about their ban being 'unfair' they 'didn't know it was an exploit, blizz didn't tell 'em, bfa sucks, fck blizz, I quit' etc.
    Even Preach himself made a video crying about being banned and blaming blizzard for it. And now he makes a video where he is literally at drama overload while still trash-talking the game he loves so much.

Seems like exploiting is bad and people shouldn't do it.

This thread is going to be 50 pages of Preach, and the potion exploit combined?

Christ have mercy on our souls.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

This isn't some Blizzard conspiracy to silence all criticism (btw that's impossible, and banning a person from a PTR review wouldn't accomplish this anyways). If he didn't exploit, this wouldn't have happened. End of story. Nothing to do with his criticism. Thousands of people, including other major streamers have given the same exact criticism and weren't banned from PTR reviewing. He cheated, and there are consequences. Greed gets to us all occasionally, but that's no excuse to avoid repercussions.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2019-04-11 at 08:53 PM.

How was is clear that it is not working as intended? I mean you could buy one potion, use it then buy another one use it? Seriously i can imagine that ban wave hit a lot of clueless players. So yeah the line they drew for this is pretty damn dangerous low. Now we have to double check everything if it's working as "intended" or not. Stupid shit. That's all.
    You can only buy the potion on max level characters, as it costs that honor medallion or what which only drops for max level characters. And a max level character wouldn't use an xp potion, especially mutliple ones.

Your whole argument is bs.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    By leveling an entire roster to max level in less than a day.
    That's exactly what i'm thinking what a xp potion is supposed to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I mean if you listen to preach it’s his own fault soooooo.
    This ^

The best part of the video is him admitting it, No drama no anger. Just admitting he fucked up and feeling he let people down for doing it. Its good to see some humility online for a change.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

That's exactly what i'm thinking what a xp potion is supposed to do?
    You're being intentionally dense at this point. XP potions/heirlooms are supposed to fasten the leveling process, not almost skip it (getting 6-7 levels in one dungeon for example).

Who?
    What's up lately with like every 1 in 3 threads being about some nobody on youtube.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, there will be one less "the game is absolute shite and every change is horrible since [arbitrary point within the first 2 expansions.] video" on youtube. You say he's accurate but I still remember his Nighthold era titanforge whine that he didn't even understand and his graphs that were horribly flawed. He's really not a trustworthy source of anything except maybe lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Obviously Method and other major raiding guilds respect his opinion.
    So like one percent of the five percent that raid Mythic.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    This guy NAILED every single issue with BFA from the GCD changes, class design, mathematically proved the Azerite gear system was broken, and Alpha/Beta feedback combined with raid testing. The one guy who could have provided the most clear cut feedback to Blizzard without the sheer fanboi and fangirl crap was barred from this event because of an xp potion glitch..........

One question. Are they insane?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpP344cuoq8
    It sounded like they banned because of these things you pointed out. Turns out not, you fucking clickbaity game journalist level piece of shit.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I think I've agreed with exactly 2 of his videos that I've watched, and I've watched a fair amount of them. We're all entitled to our own opinions but he seems like he has some serious burnout.