Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    This guy NAILED every single issue with BFA from the GCD changes, class design, mathematically proved the Azerite gear system was broken, and Alpha/Beta feedback combined with raid testing. The one guy who could have provided the most clear cut feedback to Blizzard without the sheer fanboi and fangirl crap was barred from this event because of an xp potion glitch..........

One question. Are they insane?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpP344cuoq8
    Your headline is misleading and changes how people will interpret what happened.

Preach got his account suspended for cheating the rest of us by abusing an in-game item to give himself an advantage. His punishment gives him no access to WoW servers for its duration, and comes with whatever terms and conditions Blizzard wishes to set as "parole" or "probation" or however you want to think of it.

If Preach wanted to keep his access to the servers, including the PTR, then Preach shouldn't have cheated. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Well, Preach did the crime. Now they can STFU and do their time.

Shouldnt posts like this be deleted asap? This is open advert for some youtuber....or at least, mmoc should charge him for this commercial

If he can admit that this is a consequence of his own mistakes, why can't you?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Watch the video again where he clearly tried to become the figure head and even get perma banned if it would make Blizzard feel better and even begged them for the chance.

Personally if he did not still plan on making WoW videos he would more then likely tell Blizzard to go fuck themselves and quit as many other Youtubes have who gave up on WoW years ago.

This is extremely pety now and Ion refuses to admit he was wrong with his design decisions. Something tells me Lore blames Preach for getting those people fired and not his own boss who made the design decisions.
    So your theory is that Blizzard (correct: Ion and mighty Lore PERSONALLY) used Preach, ekhem "little mistake", as opportunty to silence last bastion of criticism in WoW community.

Well, you do you, but I think it's pretty fucking stupid theory. ;D All I said in previous post was:

- if Preach don't want to burn his bridge (before this video, now it may be too late), he should apology to Blizz and community. Maybe it'll work, maybe not, it's not up for him to decide.
    - BfA problems are complete separate issue than Preach ban, connecting this two stuff in single video is really pathetic. Looks like something stole candy bar from Walmart, but in front of police instead of apology&pay he start 20 minutes rambling about Walmart's business strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Shouldnt posts like this be deleted asap? This is open advert for some youtuber....or at least, mmoc should charge him for this commercial
    It should, but it technically counts as conversation, in much the same way sleeping with a 17 year old thirty minutes before their birthday is technically statutory rape.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    People would have done it even if leveling was "interesting".

People will always take short cuts, people would have taken a big box loot during [your favorite expansion] that gave them BiS gear, despite that actually kills the incentive to play the game in the first place.
    Sure but this one had EXPLOIT written all over it, every person who did this knew they were gonna get suspended or something, they checked the pros and cons and since there's like a million cons for the leveling process they just took the risk without thinking twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Or peole have been proven to look for exploits since Vanilla to gain any advantage, doesn't matter if it were "fun" or not people exploited the fuck out of it if they thought they could get away with it.
    See above reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also his claim no one "Cared about it" is just bullshit.

When I first heard about it, I obviously wouldn't be stupid enough to exploit it myself, but one of the first things I said is they're going to punish people exploiting, esp streamers, and they should. I remember very vividly having a discord convo after our raid about it.

It's against the EULA and just not fair to everyone else who levels normally. So did I "Care" about it? I mean I wasn't going to go on a crusade to get people banned, but I did want people to be punished.

I guess im not everyone, lel.

The dudes says the same things literally every other person has said.

He streamed himself exploiting, sharing and spreading the method in the process. Even he knew big consequences were coming, and accepted it.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

As much as i dislike him. Blizzard fucked up with that potion and not him.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    As much as i dislike him. Blizzard fucked up with that potion and not him.
    So... don't punish exploiters then.

Gotcha.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they encourage some retard who has streamed exploits? He's in a doghouse with them and for a good reason.

This guy NAILED every single issue with BFA from the GCD changes, class design, mathematically proved the Azerite gear system was broken, and Alpha/Beta feedback combined with raid testing. The one guy who could have provided the most clear cut feedback to Blizzard without the sheer fanboi and fangirl crap was barred from this event
    Wow that's really fucked up and typical Blizzard. What fucking morons as usua--

because of an xp potion glitch..........
    ---oh. No they're pretty justified here.

Like I do agree with the general "Blizzard should really fix their bugs better", but if he was clearly exploiting it, then yeah, that's on him. You don't get punished if you don't abuse an exploit.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    Sure but this one had EXPLOIT written all over it
    I'm not disagreeing with you.
    I just pointed out that people would have used this exploit regardless of how exciting / boring the leveling process is.

He exploited like a little bitch because "nobody cared" well now he knows better.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    So... don't punish exploiters then.

Gotcha.
    At this rate - what's an exploit and what's not?

Imagine a pig in a new content patch gives 10000000 xp and you go on and kill that pig to max level. Exploit? Imagine a potion saying it gives 240 int but in fact it gives 1k int and you keep using it. Exploit? Seriously this is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    At this rate - what's an exploit and what's not?
    If you have to stack your potion in specific manner in order to make a potion that is clearly not stackable suddenly becomes stackable, that is a red flag.

If you cut something that usually takes multiple days / weeks down to a few hours, that is BIG sign it's an exploit, that is just common sense.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So he exploited, got banned, missed a chance to pretest 8.2, and what exactly? Is he banned from playing the normal PTR like everyone else? Should he have gotten a pass to show how special he is?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you have to stack your potion in specific manner in order to make a potion that is clearly not stackable suddenly becomes stackable, that is a red flag.

If you cut something that usually takes multiple days / weeks down to a few hours, that is BIG sign it's an exploit, that is just common sense.
    You could buy a potion at a time and use it then buy another one and use it etc. Nothing special is needed really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Literally a nobody
    What a great argument.