Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post

you can like youtubers all you want. thats all fine and dandy. im not saying you shouldnt. i personally dont because i find them to be annoying 95% of the time. what im saying is they shouldnt have any more or any less say than anyone else as far as the game goes.
    In reality, there's a social hierarchy. The world isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    Who?

And why would people follow this person's opinion?
    watch the video and then comment. he had a text document of 32 pages of 250+ ideas for blizzard. i don't think devs put that much brain power into the game. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    In reality, there's a social hierarchy. The world isn't fair.
    oh, im well aware. it doesnt change what i said though.

oh, im well aware. it doesnt change what i said though.
    I wish the world was made out of cheese, I got mailed a thousand dollars a day for existing and that I could fly, I just restrain myself from posting stuff like that online as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I wish the world was made out of cheese, I got mailed a thousand dollars a day for existing and that I could fly, I just restrain myself from posting stuff like that online as an adult.
    apparently youre not, since youre trying to argue with someone over... literally nothing other than my dislike of youtubers. you really are teaching me what its like to be an adult. why even bring age into it? it makes you sound like youre trying to compensate for something.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is on a well deserved timeout. That's it.

He KNOWINGLY used an exploit and was rightfully banned. While I do agree that it is a shame to lose his feedback on the matter, blizzard hands were kinda tied in this matter. If they invited him it would look bad for them.

I hope this does not mean a permanent ban, he lives of WoW, he deserves some punishment but not some life wrecking one.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Dotality View Post
    watch the video and then comment. he had a text document of 32 pages of 250+ ideas for blizzard. i don't think devs put that much brain power into the game. cheers
    How sadly true, besides Ion and others guys started as wow players as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    W8, you really think that they dont put 32 pages worth of brain power in the game?

Just lol.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    His apology is bs.

He apologises for 'letting down fans' by not being able to suggest improvement to non-combat related progression or something.

Who he should apologise to are the people who he encouraged to exploit with him and then got banned. That's the only one that counts. This is just drama for views.
    His content is created for his fans though. It's entirely circular. He creates content for his fans, his fans create revenue for him to create content. Regardless of the overall impact of this summit, it's denying both himself and fans everything and I am sure those who got involved because of him are also fans of his content to which he's not wrong to say "How I let you down.

I will agree with you in regards to promoting the exploit but only to a certain extent. IMO, Blizzard kind of dropped the ball in regards to communicating and took too long to bring out the ban hammer (to which I agree the bans were justified) along with communication but in any case all players should be accountable for their actions and not blindly follow others especially when the circumstances are dubious.

Lets not pretend he was the only streamer streaming the exploit either. I don't think MethodJosh apologized to anyone who got banned but then again I don't watch a lot of his content.

You don't have to like the guy to see he's fallen on his sword over this. I'm sure he is legitimately is upset about it since it has tarnished his relations with Blizzard which has a direct impact on his fans and I am sure it will likely strike him off more Blizzard events too. Come full circle.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2019-04-11 at 10:56 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow.. he had a text document... and we're supposed to be impressed with this just because he makes videos? Anyone can write 250 ideas for Blizzard, the problem is Blizzard have to think of ideas that work for EVERYONE - not just Preach.

If you really think 32 pages is alot you truly have no clue how much work Blizzard really put into this game.

edit; It's hilarious that he sticks with the whole "I didn't think Blizzard would care about the exploit" what a joke.. it was so god damn obvious even if they didn't communicate right away. THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO.. thats how obvious it was. Add to that the fact that he knew the summit was coming up why would he even risk it.. what a moron. Better luck next time, I'm sure he learned his lesson.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2019-04-11 at 11:17 PM.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    W8, you really think that they dont put 32 pages worth of brain power in the game?

Just lol.
    do i have to explain it? No i don't think they dont put in the work. It's their job, they are paid for it.They sit in the office from 9 to 5 and come up with stuff. I'm saying that guy who has nothing out of it made the list,with help of some other people for free. Even if 95% of the ideas were shit, the 5% would make the game better

A lot of people here who didn't watch the video and are just making assumptions.

This isn't about not being able to play on the PTR. He was booked on a flight to Blizzard HQ to, along with other content creators/players, test 8.2 and have discussions with the dev team.

He isn't upset over being banned in-game but from being barred from the summit. Mike genuinely cares for the game and it's development, which you would know if you actually listen to him instead of falling into the toxic cirklejerk which is the majority of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Always good to see a bunch of random MMOChampion posters project their jealousy and insecurity onto popular and established YouTubers who make thousands of dollars expressing thoughts and opinions.

I don't watch Preach and have no opinion on the guy, but holy fuck you people are some absolute god damned babies lol.
    Haven't you heard people say he's demonetized on youtube?

But yeah, let's pull out the jealousy card, because that's such a great argument to use in every single scenario. It's ironic you call people here babies, because the "argument" you used makes you one of them.
    Because fuck logic, right, you're god damn right everyone wants to be some aged youtuber playing an old game and making videoes for teens all day long. Totally something I'd be interested in, personally, sounds like a dream! Damn, I'm so jealous! Any criticism I'll say about Preach is just my jealousy talking, arggghhh!

Anyway, the video linked in the OP is 20 minutes of him talking bullshit. He wasn't at the event because of his own actions, thus he's not relevant for the current 8.2 discussions. Hopefully he manages to not get himself banned and is invited to any future events.

Check the comments on the videoes. People are actually believing Blizzard are the ones to blame for him not being at the event. Jesus christ.

This is one of those "I'm going to make an apology vid to save face because I want to stay relevant". If the 8.2 event for content creators wasn't a think he'd have a whooooole different tone.
    Hi

Preach is the 1% in wow, with how he plays the game. Also don't exploit and you won't get kicked out of events you were previously invited to? It was fucking obvious it was an exploit i mean come on.

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly its kind of stupid that they would allow people to direct the game in any way, shape, or form because theyre popular on twitch on youtube.

most youtubers are no different than anyone else, other than the fact that theyre obnoxious, funny, or douchey enough for people to like them for whatever reason. it doesnt mean they know jack about this, or any other game. they arent the saviors, they arent damnation. theyre just people that play the game and voice their opinions, or the opinions that will make them popular with their followers.

you can like youtubers all you want. thats all fine and dandy. im not saying you shouldnt. i personally dont because i find them to be annoying 95% of the time. what im saying is they shouldnt have any more or any less say than anyone else as far as the game goes.
    The youtubers play the game. If they have a lot of followers / subs, it's clear other people share their view, like the content, and so on and so fourth. So naturally, they're more valuable when it comes to meetings like this than some random player.
    Hi

Activision is like the establishment: TOW the line or get fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    This guy NAILED every single issue with BFA from the GCD changes, class design, mathematically proved the Azerite gear system was broken, and Alpha/Beta feedback combined with raid testing. The one guy who could have provided the most clear cut feedback to Blizzard without the sheer fanboi and fangirl crap was barred from this event because of an xp potion glitch..........

One question. Are they insane?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpP344cuoq8
    He was banned due to exploiting the glitch, and he admits he was in the wrong.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Seems like a harsh punishment for one offense in over a decade of him playing. I guess they only wanted yesmen and avoid any real criticism.
    Or he could just have followed the narrow and strict line Blizzard enforces in this connection?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustykeyboard View Post
    definitly a huge mistake on blizz's part
    And just like it was a huge mistake on his part too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wokefish View Post
    Perhaps but he was unfairly singled out.

In the vast majority of cases Blizzard just fix the exploit and don't punish people. They singled him out and the other offenders in this case quite specifically. Those who are claiming otherwise are ignorant of the situation.

I don't know why they gave him such a harsh punishment but it does seem very unwise since he is the only big old school youtuber that hasn't quit yet and still gets 100K+ views on his videos.

Maybe they want to give all their exclusives to bland, uninteresting sycophants like hazelnuttygame and Taliesin and Evitel, but I think that will damage Blizzard themselves. There's a limited audience for that type of corporate grovelling.
    He wasn't singled out. He broke a set of rules that are very strict.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Glitch they refused to revert and applied bans in a random manor and in some cases not at all. Then even admitted in their next Q&A that their leveling process sucks.
    Doesn't matter if the leveling sucks, you know when you are abusing a glitch, and when you are - you are expected to be stomped.

Quote Originally Posted by wokefish View Post
    Perhaps but he was unfairly singled out.

In the vast majority of cases Blizzard just fix the exploit and don't punish people. They singled him out and the other offenders in this case quite specifically. Those who are claiming otherwise are ignorant of the situation.

I don't know why they gave him such a harsh punishment but it does seem very unwise since he is the only big old school youtuber that hasn't quit yet and still gets 100K+ views on his videos.

Maybe they want to give all their exclusives to bland, uninteresting sycophants like hazelnuttygame and Taliesin and Evitel, but I think that will damage Blizzard themselves. There's a limited audience for that type of corporate grovelling.
    From what I remembered reading, the ban was not only in using the exploit, but in streaming it, thus advertising it to his viewerbase. He openly talked about it and hoe to do it so that is a bigger means of punishable offense than if he just exploited off air like many others had.