Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah but you never use the random favourite mount button if you knew you were going to need to go over water. now, you can with any mount.
    Because you said so? Using random mount in the water summons water striders.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I am not playing from Emerald Nightmare but this patch seems to be really good i have to admit.
    We will see if it is going to be that good tho...

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    To get this straight: The equipment for mounts is not on a per-mount basis but rather affects all of them at once?
    So if I choose to have the no-daze effect active and come by a river I want to cross, I cannot swap to my strider anymore, I would have to insert a different mount item and afterwards switch back to the no-daze effect?

How is that a good system?
    It's not, but can't wait to see them patting themselves on the back for this new revolutionary and interesting system!

Quote Originally Posted by TristanTaylor View Post
    On WoW Head it says Mechagon is War Mode compatible, and mentions should be fun if people opt into it.
    Thank God. Thanks for checking that.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Because you said so? Using random mount in the water summons water striders.
    I always use it before going over the water, not when I am already in the water. either way, my point stands - now any mount can walk on water

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is more the "forumbase" and really there is nothing surprisingly or wrong about millions of people having so many different opinions. And with so many things in the game, even people who disagree on X will agree on Y.

But for everything people agree with, it needs to be torches and pitchforks and the sky is falling over every last bit. (that said, I have no idea why they needed to change the mount system)
    My kid and his friends (who are adults, because I'm old...lol) do not frequent the forums and tbh...they're just as cranky and negative as the forumbase. A lot of what I hear them say is what I see people here typing out. So to me (and everyone else has their own experience), it's all one and the same. Everyone always thinks that the sky is falling, and the only way they can save the game is getting out said pitchforks and torches.
    Agreed, though, that there's nothing surprising/wrong with people having an opinion.

I kind of dig the mount system changes, but I hope they do something more with it (armors / bridles / flags, for example).

ok I don't know where you got that quote from...... but no, PvP has NEVER been mandatory unless you want to do PvP content. which Mechagon is definitely not a part of
    From this post... obviously. But apparently it is opt in, so that’s great.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Mrlaghy, not to be rude but that does mean war mode will be active in mecha. Just that you’re safe in the capital city. No where have I read anything about mecha being a friendly place.

It’s forced war mode for the rares. Until you can prove that it’s safe outside the capital, I’ll assume it’s pvp only
    it is NOT forced war mode.... war mode CAN be enabled but you don't have to have it on to do the content, rares or otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    From this post... obviously. But apparently it is opt in, so that’s great.
    yeah like war mode has been from the very beginning...... it has always been opt in

it is NOT forced war mode.... war mode CAN be enabled but you don't have to have it on to do the content, rares or otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

yeah like war mode has been from the very beginning...... it has always been opt in
    Saying explicitly that warmode is enabled strongly suggest it is ENABLED. Not that it’s a choice. They never say warmode is enable anywhere else, because it’s not. It’s never just enabled, it’s optional. So this wording has me worried that it’s always on, in which case I’ll miss out on a lot of content. Fortunately, wowheas says it’s ‘warmode compatible’ and that means it’s opt in. So it’s all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    What the actual fuck?
    Yeah, no idea why they didn't remove that one from the table like they did with the herbalism mount, which can't benefit from the slot but keeps its ability to herb and not dismount.

That aside, my big WTF of the roundup was this:
    - Blizzard wants to change warforged and titanforged items, but they don't have a solution in place for it. Without this system, some players would have their maximum gear after only a few weeks and thus have nothing left to aim for gear wise.

There was a great system for this back in the day, it was called; don't hand out the best gear in the game like candy. Just like gear in Vanilla - WotLK, don't make it infinitely farmable and don't hand it out from every single source you can. Warforged and Titanforge don't need to exist when you give the best gear on a limited amount each week from the best content in game only. For PvP, that means the highest ranking. For PvE, that means Mythic raid and maybe Mythic + at a comparable level to Mythic raiding, but having the gear on a similar percentile chance to drop as Mythic raiding.

After that, again, return to the old ways, and don't build the game around the extreme minority who push for their gear that fast. Those people want to push, push, push; rush, rush, rush; to the end game gear, then after they've reached max gear they can focus on all the other things the game has to offer instead.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Saying explicitly that warmode is enabled strongly suggest it is ENABLED. Not that it’s a choice. They never say warmode is enable anywhere else, because it’s not. It’s never just enabled, it’s optional. So this wording has me worried that it’s always on, in which case I’ll miss out on a lot of content. Fortunately, wowheas says it’s ‘warmode compatible’ and that means it’s opt in. So it’s all good.
    well yeah. as I said, warmode has always been an opt in feature. yeah it says it was enabled but maybe they wanted to test war mode with the content creators doing it - who knows. but yeah warmode has never been forced upon anyone, it has always been optional so I don't know why people would suddenly think that now

Still not interested in playing World of Dollhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Yeah, no idea why they didn't remove that one from the table like they did with the herbalism mount, which can't benefit from the slot but keeps its ability to herb and not dismount.

That aside, my big WTF of the roundup was this:
    - Blizzard wants to change warforged and titanforged items, but they don't have a solution in place for it. Without this system, some players would have their maximum gear after only a few weeks and thus have nothing left to aim for gear wise.

There was a great system for this back in the day, it was called; don't hand out the best gear in the game like candy. Just like gear in Vanilla - WotLK, don't make it infinitely farmable and don't hand it out from every single source you can. Warforged and Titanforge don't need to exist when you give the best gear on a limited amount each week from the best content in game only. For PvP, that means the highest ranking. For PvE, that means Mythic raid and maybe Mythic + at a comparable level to Mythic raiding, but having the gear on a similar percentile chance to drop as Mythic raiding.

After that, again, return to the old ways, and don't build the game around the extreme minority who push for their gear that fast. Those people want to push, push, push; rush, rush, rush; to the end game gear, then after they've reached max gear they can focus on all the other things the game has to offer instead.
    WotLK isnt a good comparision since you have 2 item level dif base on raid said. 10 man used to droop worst gear that 25man, so as a raider you progress first on 10 and them move to 25.

now we only have 1 item level that droop the same if you do 10 or 25man. meaning that you get the gear faster. So WF and TF isnt a issue if you dont aim to get it. Is just a bonus

So Ashvane took a diet, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    Still not interested in playing World of Dollhouse.
    good for you go play Final Dollhouse or Elder Dollhouse or whatever other mmo you like. (every single mmo fallow copy pastes formular and are grind fest)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    so am i reading this right? I have to buy water walking for any mount i want to walk on water now?
    No, you buy the water walking equipment and use it, all of your mounts can now walk over water.

It's applied to all mounts, not just one at a time.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No, you buy the water walking equipment and use it, all of your mounts can now walk over water.

It's applied to all mounts, not just one at a time.
    Wait wait wait...It's applied to ALL MOUNTS...AT THE SAME TIME? Meaning, I can't have one with the daze thing, another with the slow fall, and another with the walking on water at the same time?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Escepticus View Post
    Wait wait wait...It's applied to ALL MOUNTS...AT THE SAME TIME? Meaning, I can't have one with the daze thing, another with the slow fall, and another with the walking on water at the same time?
    As far as i understood it, that is the case.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-04-12 at 01:43 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

You can still get your negativity from other echo chambers :P Do I need to say influencers (the hint is in the name right there) on youtube channels.
    Righton, and agreed. It's why I don't follow retail WoW youtubers any longer (I still follow a few Classic youtubers). I have my beefs with certain parts of the game, I don't need to listen to some dipshit (or pair of dipshits) make passive aggressive attacks disguised as a joke. All that does is irk me, as they usually grab whatever the community is currently upset at and run with it to generate views.

But whatever. Maybe it is just me...I generally stop doing things that I enjoy when I cannot be arsed to try and give feedback to change things. Not that I really expect to change things, especially in systems where millions play and and contribute and my opinion is just a drop in the ocean of rage....or approval really. And if you don't know what I mean, it is things like the Star Wars films. I literally thing all I can do is stay away and not give them my money. As long as everyone hates them (apparently) and they still make a billion dollars...I am giving up....aka just not spend money anymore on this franchise.

I will do the same when WoW fails me...as I did when I lost interest in Diablo (to bring my examples closer to home)
    That's the best way to handle things - vote with your wallet. Forum noise does work on occasion, but removing your cash from their revenue stream screams much louder than words on the forums.

Mechagon is not timegated, but it is impossible to complete it in one day.
    What does that even mean? That sounds like timegating to me...