Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnomes and Vulpera are unlikely to be the last ARs ever and will likely have "big races" to join them, so i don't understand the the crying over two less popular races. Highmountain didn't stop Zandalari from getting in.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    How can you say that? Nothing remotely close has been said or even hinted at. By your logic, we should have araokka, Jinyu, Hozen or any slew of races we've helped over the years. Yet here we are, without any of them. Because their character model structure is based off of others? That is called being efficient with your resources. You already have a wire frame in place, just re skin it, saves a ton of time and effort. Hardly means its a "guarantee" that's just being stupid.
    What @EbaumsTipster said.

They have more customisation options implemented than even some playable races, they're geo is set up to handle most of the different armour type as well as mounting, and they have animations for player actions.. inclusing some custom non-Goblin based animations. On launch they were further along in regards to being a playable race than Kul Tirans were. Even models designed at the same time and since don't have this level of customisation. Sathrak, the counterpart to them have nothing like the kind of customisation and armour options.

Add that with all of the story reasons for them to be an ally (they're already an "allied race" in game), at this point its hard to see how they WON'T be an allied race eventually.

I guess they could do a switcheroo and join the Alliance (#plottwist, they realise Horde are making Vulpera Pops to eat) but I doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Mechagnomes and Vulpera are unlikely to be the last ARs ever and will likely have "big races" to join them, so i don't understand the the crying over two less popular races. Highmountain didn't stop Zandalari from getting in.
    I"m still not sure on Mechagnomes being an allied race. The models look very custom, and tied to their look. I don't know how they'd even wear armour as their arms and legs are just robot parts. Gnomes are already one of the least played races in game, so it would be a strange choice for Blizzard.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I"m still not sure on Mechagnomes being an allied race. The models look very custom, and tied to their look. I don't know how they'd even wear armour as their arms and legs are just robot parts. Gnomes are already one of the least played races in game, so it would be a strange choice for Blizzard.
    I think it has to do with the recent "we're letting you hide armor slots" thing: if they implement that, then armored legs and feet that would normally be covered up won't look like such a waste of effort.

This shows that they CAN wear armor, and head slots can go over their robot eyes (see: the goggles).

And if you look at them from when they were revealed at Blizzcon, they have TONS of new hairstyles/beards etc as well as different types of body parts that are similar to my Vulpera argument: wayyyy too much detail for a one-patch race.

tl;dr Too much work has been put into them and their variety of augmentations (as well as simple hair/beard combos) for them to not be playable.

EDIT: Just noticed the gnome on the right of the top picture has the unique mutton chops that the silver mechagnome on the blizzcon panel has, so it's NOT just a regular gnome.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2019-04-12 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    They won't get Vulpera. 0 reason for them to join the Horde, and there's no benefit to having them.
    Horde already had plenty of reasons to get Vulpera after you finish Vol'dun. Now, after the invasions, there are even more reasons for them to hate alliance and join the Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Horde gets vulpera, the Alliance would most certainly get mecha-gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    If Horde gets Vulpera, why are people speculating that Alliance will get Sethrak?
    Personally, I prefer to have Hozen first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    We are not getting junker gnomes.
    Do you have any argument besides "Gnomes are not popular", which isn't actually a good argument? Blizzard made "fat humans" into a race despite how much people screamed about them.

Do you have any argument besides "Gnomes are not popular", which isn't actually a good argument? Blizzard made "fat humans" into a race despite how much people screamed about them.
    akoan look badass but they are too primitive i believe to hold membership in alliance

akoan look badass but they are too primitive i believe to hold membership in alliance
    We haven't seen any of their culture, so I'd put a hold on that idea. And them being monstrous looking points in the direction Blizz was taking with them wanting to use the AR system to give Alliance more "Horde-like" races (Kul Tiran is kind of this, but Ankoa would be 100% this).

10+ Year Old Account
    If Horde gets Vulpera, why are people speculating that Alliance will get Sethrak?
    Nagas most likely
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Vulpera for Horde and Junker Gnomes for Alliance will cause a massive uproar. No way Alliance gets shafted with another shitty allied race.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Vulpera for Horde and Junker Gnomes for Alliance will cause a massive uproar. No way Alliance gets shafted with another shitty allied race.
    They'll pair them with a more popular AR like they did Void Elves and Lightforged. Zero chance in hell it'll just be two tiny ARs because that alone would make BOTH sides mad. People seem to think only Gnomes will make anyone angry when I can tell you a giant amount of Horde fans will get assblasted over Vulpera.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Look at their models, how is generic armor supposed to work? And yeah, you're wrong - it is a very valid argument - why would they make an allied race based on one of the least played races?
    Look up a few posts and you'll see a mechagnome wearing regular armor.

People are already getting assblasted over a gnome AR, but Blizzard doesn't care. They'll still do it. They don't change things based on fan reception when it's already in motion (see: Sethrak still being an irrelevant NPC race for Horde despite Alliance wanting them).

5+ Year Old Account
    I hope the horde gets vulpera so I can destroy them whenever I see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Klindeth View Post
    Nah, Vulpera are the horde counterpart to Junker Gnomes. It balances the Tinker races.
    Alliance - Dwarf, Gnome, Junker Gnome
    Horde - Forsaken, Goblin, Vulpera
    Sucks, but probably true.

God, I swear, these "Junker Gnomes" are the lamest excuse for a "race" yet. Honestly, aside from Dark Iron Dwarves, I feel like the Alliance has really gotten fucked over on all of these choices.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Horde WILL get Vulpera eventually. It's basically guaranteed.

I'm genuinely half expecting Alliance to get a "thin human" race to complement Kul Taurens. Ankoan look pretty cool though so maybe they could be a future Allied race.

Those thin humans are called humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Sucks, but probably true.

God, I swear, these "Junker Gnomes" are the lamest excuse for a "race" yet. Honestly, aside from Dark Iron Dwarves, I feel like the Alliance has really gotten fucked over on all of these choices.
    Because classic Alliance racial choices suck ass and there are shit all for subraces beyond Broken, Dark Iron, Wildhammer and Helves. There really is nothing else. Want to just do those four and NEVER give them another one after that? Because Jinyu, Furbolg, Naga etc are NEW RACES.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Because for some reason people think they are enemies and have enough reason to join a major faction to fight each other off

I mean it would be the first allied race to join without having a stake in the faction war.

But yeah my guess is cyborg gnomes for the next Alliance side allied race.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klindeth View Post
    Nah, Vulpera are the horde counterpart to Junker Gnomes. It balances the Tinker races.
    Alliance - Dwarf, Gnome, Junker Gnome
    Horde - Forsaken, Goblin, Vulpera
    Why would gypsies be tinkers? They have never ever ever shown the slightest glimpse of being crafty with gadgets. It should be gnomes, goblins and if we get the mechagnomes, add them too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's because Sethrak have just been reduced to the +1s of the Vulpera, kind of like High Elf groupies with the Void Elves. Vulpera are the "main race" in voldun now
    Oh, i though it was mainly because the connection between the Sethrak and the Zandalari were minimal in the end

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't want Mechagnomes, not because they are gnomes or anything, but because their concept idea is SO DAMN COOL! but what was shown was so.... meh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Those thin humans are called humans.
    He means this: