Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Warchief Amaterasu65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your belly
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Klindeth View Post
    Nah, Vulpera are the horde counterpart to Junker Gnomes. It balances the Tinker races.
    Alliance - Dwarf, Gnome, Junker Gnome
    Horde - Forsaken, Goblin, Vulpera
    Why would gypsies be tinkers? They have never ever ever shown the slightest glimpse of being crafty with gadgets. It should be gnomes, goblins and if we get the mechagnomes, add them too.

  2. #42
    Old God Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    10,204
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I think that's because Sethrak have just been reduced to the +1s of the Vulpera, kind of like High Elf groupies with the Void Elves. Vulpera are the "main race" in voldun now
    Oh, i though it was mainly because the connection between the Sethrak and the Zandalari were minimal in the end

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Mechagnomes and Vulpera are unlikely to be the last ARs ever and will likely have "big races" to join them, so i don't understand the the crying over two less popular races. Highmountain didn't stop Zandalari from getting in.
    I really don't want Mechagnomes, not because they are gnomes or anything, but because their concept idea is SO DAMN COOL! but what was shown was so.... meh

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Those thin humans are called humans.
    He means this:


  3. #43

  4. #44
    Immortal Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    7,190
    Would be cool for Alliance to get Drakonids or Naga or something equally badass with ‘reformed’ nefarious streak. Particularly after we get fucking mecha gnomes.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  5. #45
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    31,361
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    If Horde gets Vulpera, why are people speculating that Alliance will get Sethrak?
    Because Sethraki are the counter race to Vulpera, but I would believe they would get Mechagnomes instead.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Because classic Alliance racial choices suck ass and there are shit all for subraces beyond Broken, Dark Iron, Wildhammer and Helves. There really is nothing else. Want to just do those four and NEVER give them another one after that? Because Jinyu, Furbolg, Naga etc are NEW RACES.
    Don't know man...last i checked a classic Alliance race is the only reason there are still players on the Horde. There was absolutely NO reason to put the Belves into the Horde in TBC - except the faction wanted a pretty race. So "what players want" IS the most important reason.

    It just seems this reason only applies to the Horde.

    "We want brown orcs that stand upright!" - No problem!
    "We want Zandalari Trolls!!" - No problem, here you go!

    "We want Vrykul! Even if they have to be smaller, but Vrykul would be awesome!" - Nah...sorry. Can't have that. Here, go with fat humans instead.
    "You know, we really want High Elves and you put them in our NPC cast every single expansion..." - "Nah, sorry, but...lol, no. Just no. Here...have some tentacled High Elves instead with no home, no story, no connection to any other race, no culture, no nothing....oh, and before i forget: No hybrid class options either! lol! Enjoy yourself!
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-04-13 at 12:05 AM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Don't know man...last i checked a classic Alliance race is the only reason there are still players on the Horde. There was absolutely NO reason to put the Belves into the Horde in TBC - except the faction wanted a pretty race. So "what players want" IS the most important reason.

    It just seems this reason only applies to the Horde.
    That may have applied 12 years ago, yeah.

  8. #48
    Pandaren Monk Beet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who me?
    Posts
    1,804
    Ugh I hope Horde do not get Vulpera. They're too cutesy to fit in the Horde.

    Reminds me of this one race in that MMO Tera I played. Although Vulpera aren't as bad, TERA had a race that was female only, and it was basically a little prepubescent girl with fox ears and a tail. All the pedos it attracted was greatly disturbing. I remember when I quit, they had introduced a bathing suit costume for them and every single person was using it. I felt so creeped by it.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Why would gypsies be tinkers? They have never ever ever shown the slightest glimpse of being crafty with gadgets. It should be gnomes, goblins and if we get the mechagnomes, add them too.
    I assume it's because people are unable to tell the difference between desert scavengers who sell things they find, and the "junker" aesthetic of finding and cobbling together old broken technology.

  10. #50
    If Vulpera would become a playable race, the faction balance would be in danger.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    there are Allied Races Death knights now, Maghar and Dark Iron
    This just baited me. Mag'har and DIDs can't be DKs, I just checked. Or did Blizzard confirm this was happening and I missed it?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Klindeth View Post
    Nah, Vulpera are the horde counterpart to Junker Gnomes. It balances the Tinker races.
    Alliance - Dwarf, Gnome, Junker Gnome
    Horde - Forsaken, Goblin, Vulpera
    Why does everyone act like vulpera are tinkerers? The most complex bit of tech we see them use is a caravan.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church


  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Horde WILL get Vulpera eventually. It's basically guaranteed.

    I'm genuinely half expecting Alliance to get a "thin human" race to complement Kul Taurens. Ankoan look pretty cool though so maybe they could be a future Allied race.
    Why are playable Vulpera considered basically guaranteed? There was a blue post that intervened the hype after the upgraded Vulpera models were data mined.

    As we mentioned when race information for Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves was datamined during development of Patch 7.3, we’ve found that setting up certain races as though they were player characters can be highly advantageous for NPC customization in story content. While those races did become Allied Races later, we still intend to use this approach for non-playable races.

    Please don’t take a race being datamined in this way as an indication that it will become playable in the future!
    Basically, dont get your hopes up for playable Vulpera, and dont jump the gun on NPCs found to have player customization options, aka Sethrak. Not sure why Blizz shooting down High Elves is taken as gospel, but when they shoot down playable Vulpera, its ignored.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Basically, dont get your hopes up for playable Vulpera
    Because what you quoted deconfirms them at all? It says nothing about them NOT being playable, and there is still no reason for their countless customization options considering their small presence in the zone. I want to hear ONE single reason why they have so many different customization options. Why were they UPGRADED before Kul Tirans, causing the entire AR schedule to shift and push back Kul Tirans and Zandalari for six months? Because a dev was BORED?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    NPCs found to have player customization options, aka Sethrak
    They don't have player customization options.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    but when they shoot down playable Vulpera
    Again, didn't happen. They admitted in that same paragraph that they used the same excuse for two races that ended up being playable, so that only hurts your point.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    This just baited me. Mag'har and DIDs can't be DKs, I just checked. Or did Blizzard confirm this was happening and I missed it?
    There is a Mag'har and Dark Iron DK in the new island expedition teams, and they make lines about it/have DK abilities. So it isn't a texture error.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2019-04-13 at 03:30 AM.

  15. #55
    Warchief Dristereau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,151
    Horde will get Vulpera. I'm 99.9% sure they will be added, they support the Horde, helped with supplies, got attacked by the Alliance and saved/fought alongside the Horde and have allies in the Zandalari. The model is extremely well made with lots of custom and player specific animations and I would personally make one.

    I would expect Mechagnomes are the Alliance equivalent. It's likely they support Mekkatorque's recovery and possibly change him into one as well.

    Alliance I think are possibly going to get the Ankoan if they go over well. I'm not sure of a Horde equivlent to them, because Gilblin are not what I see being added or anything else there. I was wondering if they developed the Ankoan from Jinyu and then give the Horde Hozen but I'm not sure on that one. Alliance still have the option of High Elf as well if Blizzard actually decides to finally allow it.

    From what I thought I'd seen they said no allied race was coming in 8.2, but they never mentioned 8.2.5? That would be pair five of an expected six (based on current banner spacings), with the final pair being added in 8.3.5.
    Dristereau
    Somniare - Nulo - Desterrar - Axxolentus

    'RIP The Mythic Dream'

    Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg - Silvermoon

  16. #56
    Scarab Lord Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,960
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They shouldn't be anymore, the Sethrak and sethraliss move into Dazaralor in 8.1.5. The ship has sailed.

    Ankoan might happen for Alliance but not Sethrak.
    If we get Ankoan before Jinyu, I'm going to be pissed. I want Jinyu more than Sethrak or any other proposed allied race. They've had the possibility to be playable since Mists much like Vulpera now, not making them playable and making Ankoan playable instead would be a huge missed opportunity.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Horde WILL get Vulpera eventually. It's basically guaranteed.

    I'm genuinely half expecting Alliance to get a "thin human" race to complement Kul Taurens. Ankoan look pretty cool though so maybe they could be a future Allied race.
    nah, they already have a thin human type race, void elves
    Last edited by Lahlah; 2019-04-13 at 04:07 AM.

  18. #58
    Allies are getting the new jinyu looking race from Naga zone and Horde is getting the Giblins.

  19. #59
    Titan Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    14,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Why would gypsies be tinkers? They have never ever ever shown the slightest glimpse of being crafty with gadgets. It should be gnomes, goblins and if we get the mechagnomes, add them too.
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=138151/tinkerin-taji

    And he sells these:

    https://www.wowhead.com/item=163203/...tometer-sensor
    My comic series inspired by WoW and MMOs:

    Tinker Class Concept 2018 Dragonsworn Class Concept 2019

  20. #60
    I've always seen the Sethrak as purely a non-playable race. They're clearly this expansion's equivalent of the Arakkoa. A cool looking race people hope to one day play.

    If anything, Blizzard will throw a toy that transforms you into one at us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •