Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    At this point I doubt that we're gonna get any more allied races in BfA.

    Also not every race that gets added to the game will also ever be a playable race, not even with the introduction of the Allied Races system.

    I'd say there's a 1% chance we'll ever see Vulpera (and only because some people are loud about them) and 0% that we'll ever see Junker Gnomes (why not just give gnomes more customisation options that they can unlock? Gnomes aren't a very popular race and 2 gnomish races won't fix that) or Sethrak
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-04-13 at 11:03 AM.

  2. #62
    Warchief Amaterasu65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your belly
    Posts
    2,134
    That's not enough basis for me. For starters, there are many non-engineer NPCs who sell this specific item. I can see that this specific NPC is essentially tinkering with scraps etc, but that doesn't mean that the vulpera, as a race, has a focus on gadgets/machines as gnomes and goblins. They are just doing what gypsies irl do, getting scraps from trash and do stuff with it.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post



    He means this:

    Where can we found these NPC? They look amazing. Are they a race or simply human? I hope we can have an Allied Race based on this model.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by axlkix View Post
    Where can we found these NPC? They look amazing. Are they a race or simply human? I hope we can have an Allied Race based on this model.
    These are used literally everywhere in Kul Tiras, if you take a leisurely stroll through Boralus you are bound to meet a few of them. Problem with them being an allied race is that they do not have a female equivalent. The normal SW human female is already as thin as you can reasonably protray someone, so unless KT or SW humans get a body type slider i cannot really see them being playable sadly.

  5. #65
    It probably won't happen, but people likely think it because the sethrak model has almost all animations players do, really slick and detailed animations as a whole, and are the counterparts to vulpera. They're also the only race I'm aware of that's actually friendly to the Alliance on Zandalar, unless you include smart primates.

    I don't think it'll happen, but it would be awesome.

  6. #66
    Brewmaster Karamaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Little Tokyo
    Posts
    1,406
    Heaven forbid the Alliance gets something else before another flavor of human or elf.

    the Alliance is in desperate need of racial diversity but if they get trash gnomes it kinda solidifies the notion that Blizzard has no idea what to do with the Alliance other than making them generic good guys to please all the male human paladins that flip out and reee at anything that isn't based around Tolkien esque races and stories.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    At this point I doubt that we're gonna get any more allied races in BfA.

    Also not every race that gets added to the game will also ever be a playable race, not even with the introduction of the Allied Races system.

    I'd say there's a 1% chance we'll ever see Vulpera (and only because some people are loud about them) and 0% that we'll ever see Junker Gnomes (why not just give gnomes more customisation options that they can unlock? Gnomes aren't a very popular race and 2 gnomish races won't fix that) or Sethrak
    If we get more races in BFA it will be at the very end, as part of the pre-event for the next expansion. Just like how we got the Legion allied races as the pre-event for BFA.

  8. #68
    Can't we have Sethrak instead of Vulpera? Vulpera are small furry rats and you can imagine what weirdos would actually play them.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    If we get more races in BFA it will be at the very end, as part of the pre-event for the next expansion. Just like how we got the Legion allied races as the pre-event for BFA.
    I also doubt that. They've already said that while they like the Allied Races system they will only, from now on, add them from time to time if it makes sense and definitely not at all as frequent as we had it until this point.

    I don't think we're gonna get the same situation as in 7.3.5, they're either gonna add new Allied Races (which have so far been only reskins of existing races and it seems that they'll continue to be that) in the next expansion OR they'll just a regular new race (that's what Vulpera should be if they added them) OR probably even nothing for now.

    We've got 8 new races in such a short time already and most people don't seem to have unlocked any of them and overall only a relatively small part of the playerbase seems to be playing them (besides Void Elfs that seem to be the only really popular race so far)

  10. #70
    The Lightbringer Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    That's not enough basis for me. For starters, there are many non-engineer NPCs who sell this specific item. I can see that this specific NPC is essentially tinkering with scraps etc, but that doesn't mean that the vulpera, as a race, has a focus on gadgets/machines as gnomes and goblins. They are just doing what gypsies irl do, getting scraps from trash and do stuff with it.
    i mean, for your argument to be sound, we must first assume everything in WoW for the horde and for the alliance are exact 1 for 1 copies. meaning if it happens for one faction it must also happen for the other faction, perfectly.

    that simply doesnt happen in every case.

    now, the vulpera can have their own version of tinker... scavenger. its similar without being precisely carbon copied of gnomes or goblins. its flavor. thematically or visually, spells/abilities would look somewhat different, mechanically they would work the same.

    idk, it just seems plausible at this point, story-wise.. and development time investment, that vulpera could become an allied race for the horde. just not sure what other race i can say has been given the same attention for the alliance.

    Junker Gnome perhaps, but one thing about showing their robot parts.. we will get the hide armor slot for every slot except pants. so much for showing dem robot legs.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2019-04-13 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Personally, I prefer to have Hozen first.
    Yep. I mean they are officially Horde, yet non-playable. They should correct that.

  12. #72
    Since we are on speculation here.. Horde should get full sized sea giants.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Klindeth View Post
    Nah, Vulpera are the horde counterpart to Junker Gnomes. It balances the Tinker races.
    Alliance - Dwarf, Gnome, Junker Gnome
    Horde - Forsaken, Goblin, Vulpera
    The Sethrak digitgrade hind legs are like the Worgen and the Vulpera are structurally like the Goblins. It may be a matter that their skeleton rigs are being recycled or tweaked for the Goblin/Worgen update.

  14. #74
    Lets be real, they will add allied races to the end of BFA, tied to the next expansion, while we wait 9+ months for the next expansion. Got have an excuse to sell those preorders.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Don't know man...last i checked a classic Alliance race is the only reason there are still players on the Horde. There was absolutely NO reason to put the Belves into the Horde in TBC - except the faction wanted a pretty race. So "what players want" IS the most important reason.

    It just seems this reason only applies to the Horde.

    "We want brown orcs that stand upright!" - No problem!
    "We want Zandalari Trolls!!" - No problem, here you go!

    "We want Vrykul! Even if they have to be smaller, but Vrykul would be awesome!" - Nah...sorry. Can't have that. Here, go with fat humans instead.
    "You know, we really want High Elves and you put them in our NPC cast every single expansion..." - "Nah, sorry, but...lol, no. Just no. Here...have some tentacled High Elves instead with no home, no story, no connection to any other race, no culture, no nothing....oh, and before i forget: No hybrid class options either! lol! Enjoy yourself!

    Im agreeing and connecting with this post on a deep spiritual level!

  16. #76
    Old God Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    10,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilux View Post
    Can't we have Sethrak instead of Vulpera? Vulpera are small furry rats and you can imagine what weirdos would actually play them.
    The Horde does not have a big connection with the Sethrak, but we do with the Vulpera

  17. #77
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    30,684
    Because we don't want Mechagnomes, and Sethrak are actually kinda cool.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    Classic: Bloodsail Buccaneers - Alliance
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)
    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

  18. #78
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    Heaven forbid the Alliance gets something else before another flavor of human or elf.

    the Alliance is in desperate need of racial diversity but if they get trash gnomes it kinda solidifies the notion that Blizzard has no idea what to do with the Alliance other than making them generic good guys to please all the male human paladins that flip out and reee at anything that isn't based around Tolkien esque races and stories.
    Totally agree with you, the alliance needs some new shiny race. I still have hope for ethereals and the insmounth murlocs to join the alliance and bring more edge. Unfortunate we have Golden which visions is to make Anduin and the alliance by proxy more holier than thou kind of mindset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •