Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    If Horde get Vulpera

    If Horde gets Vulpera, why are people speculating that Alliance will get Sethrak?

  2. #2
    Old God Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    10,085
    Just because they are the counterpart of each other in the zone and lore of Voldun.

  3. #3
    They shouldn't be anymore, the Sethrak and sethraliss move into Dazaralor in 8.1.5. The ship has sailed.

    Ankoan might happen for Alliance but not Sethrak.

  4. #4
    Because for some reason people think they are enemies and have enough reason to join a major faction to fight each other off

  5. #5
    Nah, Vulpera are the horde counterpart to Junker Gnomes. It balances the Tinker races.
    Alliance - Dwarf, Gnome, Junker Gnome
    Horde - Forsaken, Goblin, Vulpera

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire Kemsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Pandaria
    Posts
    410
    Because alliance dont have an interesting Allied Race on Kultiras, thats why they try to look to Zandalar to at least get something good. Truth its, Mecha-gnomes and Ankoa are the best candidates for Alliance. And the Sethrak even they look interesting an everything, they are just like Ogres and Hozen, a filler race that only serves as Meat Shields for Story content, wich also its focused on the Horde side where you actually do the full questline of the Gems and the rebirth of Sethraliss wich also includes the posibility of entering the Dungeon at lower levels, when the alliance needs to be 120 at least.

    And hooking up from other posts (it seems there is again the boom of ARs) The vulpera has the recognition not only from the Horde, from the Zandalari and the LOA of Zandalar, wich means they are going to be treated as "Family" but Sethraks are not named everywhere and only Sethrallis is present in the coronation. Apart from the animations and Goblin rig they use, there also the "tinker class" that its being speculated a lot because of all the "testing evidence" of Blizzard adding them, from Island AI to a new brand zone focused on "tinkering" and if blizzard follows the Demon hunter model, only goblins and Gnomes could be tinkerer, but what about Allied Races? well there are Allied Races Death knights now, Maghar and Dark Iron, so it will not surpise me if the next expansion they add hero class to the allied races, meaning they need another 2 tiny races for tinkerers..... what better than vulpera and the newly "never know before" mechagnomes.

    And yes, vulpera tinker could be just like Rumble for League of legends.


  7. #7
    Sethrak were made too early and always intended to just be a Horde buddy race that isn't playable, they didn't have enough time (or reason) to turn them around into an Alliance race.

    I do think they're taking the desire for them into account with the Ankoan who are a similar monster race that may also use Worgen animations.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Sethrak were made too early and always intended to just be a Horde buddy race that isn't playable, they didn't have enough time (or reason) to turn them around into an Alliance race.

    I do think they're taking the desire for them into account with the Ankoan who are a similar monster race that may also use Worgen animations.
    what is an ankoan? I googled it but nothing is coming up. Do you have a photo of this race?

    - - - Updated - - -

    No one wants junker reskinned gnomes, only less than 1% alliance play gnomes

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    what is an ankoan? I googled it but nothing is coming up. Do you have a photo of this race?

    - - - Updated - - -

    No one wants junker reskinned gnomes, only less than 1% alliance play gnomes


    Ankoan are new angler fish themed Jinyu only Alliance help, we've never seen their new models. This picture is just an illustration.

    And player desire doesn't matter for Blizz, considering they are adding things like LFDs and Highmountain that nobody really asked for. They just want to pad out the number of subraces: not all of them are going to be based on player want.

  10. #10
    Immortal Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    7,035
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    If Horde gets Vulpera, why are people speculating that Alliance will get Sethrak?
    3 reasons;
    The ready made historical/geographical animosity between the two races.
    Vulpera are built around the male Goblin rigging, Sethrak are built around the female Worgen rigging. 2 of the 4 player races without ARs associated.
    Until the Mecha Gnomes were a thing, there were zero possible new races that were friendly to the Alliance in BfA's story arc.

    I mean, it's still possible because they said in the last Q&A that they're actively listening to feedback concerning possible ARs in the future, and few possible races have more positive player feedback than Sethrak, but who knows? Anyone saying it definitely will or definitely won't happen is just guessing. It's Blizzard's game and they can do whatever they think people will like and keep them subbed.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-04-12 at 03:56 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  11. #11
    Same reason people think Alliance should get High Elves. They want something they like and damn all the valid reasons given why it'll never happen.
    Im going to get very unpleasant depending on how motivated your stupidity ends up getting me, so... don't?
    SoundOfGuns trying to look intimidating.

  12. #12
    Horde WILL get Vulpera eventually. It's basically guaranteed.

    I'm genuinely half expecting Alliance to get a "thin human" race to complement Kul Taurens. Ankoan look pretty cool though so maybe they could be a future Allied race.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

  13. #13
    I am Murloc! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    5,702
    Blizzard always balance allied races with new models for both faction, or remodels for both faction.

    Vulperas are on gobelin skeleton, just like mechagnomes are gnomes.

    Sethraks animations are a bastardized mix of pandaren, worgen and others. Making them "unique".

    Other point not in favor of Sethraks is that blizzard LOOOOOOOOOOVE their sexual dimorphism (male and female of a species begin physicaly different). And the lizardmen are barely different from lizardwomen. That's a no no to have them as playable race IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Klindeth View Post
    Nah, Vulpera are the horde counterpart to Junker Gnomes. It balances the Tinker races.
    Alliance - Dwarf, Gnome, Junker Gnome
    Horde - Forsaken, Goblin, Vulpera
    Since the next expansion will clearly be about death/void/light and the Shadowlands I doubt tinker will be a thing. Expect a death related class.

    I doubt more Allied races will come this expansion, probably another pre-order bonus for the following one, or all new races to go along with the next class.

    Wickermen for Alliance and something for Horde.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

  15. #15
    There really aren't "patterns" besides the faction rig swap with Void Elf and Nightborne. Kul Tirans got a BRAND NEW model and rig and they are essentially an entire new race, yet they're hanging out with a bunch of subraces. Meanwhile Zandalari are just a new model on top of Nelves, with a few new animations.

    Yes, Vulpera and new Mechagnomes are likely, but don't go looking for patterns where they really don't exist.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Horde WILL get Vulpera eventually. It's basically guaranteed.

    I'm genuinely half expecting Alliance to get a "thin human" race to complement Kul Taurens. Ankoan look pretty cool though so maybe they could be a future Allied race.
    How can you say that? Nothing remotely close has been said or even hinted at. By your logic, we should have araokka, Jinyu, Hozen or any slew of races we've helped over the years. Yet here we are, without any of them. Because their character model structure is based off of others? That is called being efficient with your resources. You already have a wire frame in place, just re skin it, saves a ton of time and effort. Hardly means its a "guarantee" that's just being stupid.

  17. #17
    Old God Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    10,085
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They shouldn't be anymore, the Sethrak and sethraliss move into Dazaralor in 8.1.5. The ship has sailed.

    Ankoan might happen for Alliance but not Sethrak.
    Didn't know that Sethraliss actually moved to Dazaralor, that's interesting, but yeah, funny enough, when Paku talks with Talanji, and ask who her pack is, he does not mention the Sethrak (He mentions the Tortollan and Vulpera)

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    How can you say that? Nothing remotely close has been said or even hinted at. By your logic, we should have araokka, Jinyu, Hozen or any slew of races we've helped over the years. Yet here we are, without any of them. Because their character model structure is based off of others? That is called being efficient with your resources. You already have a wire frame in place, just re skin it, saves a ton of time and effort. Hardly means its a "guarantee" that's just being stupid.
    8.1 is full of story reasons for why Vulpera join the Horde, as in quests specifically made for that purpose, and they have more customization and detail than many already playable races. There is no reason otherwise for the amount of time spent on them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Didn't know that Sethraliss actually moved to Dazaralor, that's interesting, but yeah, funny enough, when Paku talks with Talanji, and ask who her pack is, he does not mention the Sethrak (He mentions the Tortollan and Vulpera)
    I think that's because Sethrak have just been reduced to the +1s of the Vulpera, kind of like High Elf groupies with the Void Elves. Vulpera are the "main race" in voldun now

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    If Horde gets Vulpera, why are people speculating that Alliance will get Sethrak?
    Purely wishfull thinking. Might as well be the even more crippled gnomes.

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral ThatsOurEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,204
    They won't get Vulpera. 0 reason for them to join the Horde, and there's no benefit to having them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •