Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool for Alliance to get Drakonids or Naga or something equally badass with ‘reformed’ nefarious streak. Particularly after we get fucking mecha gnomes.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    If Horde gets Vulpera, why are people speculating that Alliance will get Sethrak?
    Because Sethraki are the counter race to Vulpera, but I would believe they would get Mechagnomes instead.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Because classic Alliance racial choices suck ass and there are shit all for subraces beyond Broken, Dark Iron, Wildhammer and Helves. There really is nothing else. Want to just do those four and NEVER give them another one after that? Because Jinyu, Furbolg, Naga etc are NEW RACES.
    Don't know man...last i checked a classic Alliance race is the only reason there are still players on the Horde. There was absolutely NO reason to put the Belves into the Horde in TBC - except the faction wanted a pretty race. So "what players want" IS the most important reason.

It just seems this reason only applies to the Horde.

"We want brown orcs that stand upright!" - No problem!
    "We want Zandalari Trolls!!" - No problem, here you go!

"We want Vrykul! Even if they have to be smaller, but Vrykul would be awesome!" - Nah...sorry. Can't have that. Here, go with fat humans instead.
    "You know, we really want High Elves and you put them in our NPC cast every single expansion..." - "Nah, sorry, but...lol, no. Just no. Here...have some tentacled High Elves instead with no home, no story, no connection to any other race, no culture, no nothing....oh, and before i forget: No hybrid class options either! lol! Enjoy yourself!
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-04-13 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Don't know man...last i checked a classic Alliance race is the only reason there are still players on the Horde. There was absolutely NO reason to put the Belves into the Horde in TBC - except the faction wanted a pretty race. So "what players want" IS the most important reason.

It just seems this reason only applies to the Horde.
    That may have applied 12 years ago, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh I hope Horde do not get Vulpera. They're too cutesy to fit in the Horde.

Reminds me of this one race in that MMO Tera I played. Although Vulpera aren't as bad, TERA had a race that was female only, and it was basically a little prepubescent girl with fox ears and a tail. All the pedos it attracted was greatly disturbing. I remember when I quit, they had introduced a bathing suit costume for them and every single person was using it. I felt so creeped by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Why would gypsies be tinkers? They have never ever ever shown the slightest glimpse of being crafty with gadgets. It should be gnomes, goblins and if we get the mechagnomes, add them too.
    I assume it's because people are unable to tell the difference between desert scavengers who sell things they find, and the "junker" aesthetic of finding and cobbling together old broken technology.

If Vulpera would become a playable race, the faction balance would be in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    there are Allied Races Death knights now, Maghar and Dark Iron
    This just baited me. Mag'har and DIDs can't be DKs, I just checked. Or did Blizzard confirm this was happening and I missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Klindeth View Post
    Nah, Vulpera are the horde counterpart to Junker Gnomes. It balances the Tinker races.
    Alliance - Dwarf, Gnome, Junker Gnome
    Horde - Forsaken, Goblin, Vulpera
    Why does everyone act like vulpera are tinkerers? The most complex bit of tech we see them use is a caravan.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Horde WILL get Vulpera eventually. It's basically guaranteed.

I'm genuinely half expecting Alliance to get a "thin human" race to complement Kul Taurens. Ankoan look pretty cool though so maybe they could be a future Allied race.
    Why are playable Vulpera considered basically guaranteed? There was a blue post that intervened the hype after the upgraded Vulpera models were data mined.

As we mentioned when race information for Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves was datamined during development of Patch 7.3, we’ve found that setting up certain races as though they were player characters can be highly advantageous for NPC customization in story content. While those races did become Allied Races later, we still intend to use this approach for non-playable races.

Please don’t take a race being datamined in this way as an indication that it will become playable in the future!
    Basically, dont get your hopes up for playable Vulpera, and dont jump the gun on NPCs found to have player customization options, aka Sethrak. Not sure why Blizz shooting down High Elves is taken as gospel, but when they shoot down playable Vulpera, its ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Basically, dont get your hopes up for playable Vulpera
    Because what you quoted deconfirms them at all? It says nothing about them NOT being playable, and there is still no reason for their countless customization options considering their small presence in the zone. I want to hear ONE single reason why they have so many different customization options. Why were they UPGRADED before Kul Tirans, causing the entire AR schedule to shift and push back Kul Tirans and Zandalari for six months? Because a dev was BORED?

NPCs found to have player customization options, aka Sethrak
    They don't have player customization options.

but when they shoot down playable Vulpera
    Again, didn't happen. They admitted in that same paragraph that they used the same excuse for two races that ended up being playable, so that only hurts your point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    This just baited me. Mag'har and DIDs can't be DKs, I just checked. Or did Blizzard confirm this was happening and I missed it?
    There is a Mag'har and Dark Iron DK in the new island expedition teams, and they make lines about it/have DK abilities. So it isn't a texture error.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2019-04-13 at 03:30 AM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horde will get Vulpera. I'm 99.9% sure they will be added, they support the Horde, helped with supplies, got attacked by the Alliance and saved/fought alongside the Horde and have allies in the Zandalari. The model is extremely well made with lots of custom and player specific animations and I would personally make one.

I would expect Mechagnomes are the Alliance equivalent. It's likely they support Mekkatorque's recovery and possibly change him into one as well.

Alliance I think are possibly going to get the Ankoan if they go over well. I'm not sure of a Horde equivlent to them, because Gilblin are not what I see being added or anything else there. I was wondering if they developed the Ankoan from Jinyu and then give the Horde Hozen but I'm not sure on that one. Alliance still have the option of High Elf as well if Blizzard actually decides to finally allow it.

From what I thought I'd seen they said no allied race was coming in 8.2, but they never mentioned 8.2.5? That would be pair five of an expected six (based on current banner spacings), with the final pair being added in 8.3.5.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They shouldn't be anymore, the Sethrak and sethraliss move into Dazaralor in 8.1.5. The ship has sailed.

Ankoan might happen for Alliance but not Sethrak.
    If we get Ankoan before Jinyu, I'm going to be pissed. I want Jinyu more than Sethrak or any other proposed allied race. They've had the possibility to be playable since Mists much like Vulpera now, not making them playable and making Ankoan playable instead would be a huge missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Horde WILL get Vulpera eventually. It's basically guaranteed.

I'm genuinely half expecting Alliance to get a "thin human" race to complement Kul Taurens. Ankoan look pretty cool though so maybe they could be a future Allied race.
    nah, they already have a thin human type race, void elves
    Last edited by Lahlah; 2019-04-13 at 04:07 AM.

Allies are getting the new jinyu looking race from Naga zone and Horde is getting the Giblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Why would gypsies be tinkers? They have never ever ever shown the slightest glimpse of being crafty with gadgets. It should be gnomes, goblins and if we get the mechagnomes, add them too.
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=138151/tinkerin-taji

And he sells these:

https://www.wowhead.com/item=163203/...tometer-sensor

I've always seen the Sethrak as purely a non-playable race. They're clearly this expansion's equivalent of the Arakkoa. A cool looking race people hope to one day play.

If anything, Blizzard will throw a toy that transforms you into one at us.

At this point I doubt that we're gonna get any more allied races in BfA.

Also not every race that gets added to the game will also ever be a playable race, not even with the introduction of the Allied Races system.

I'd say there's a 1% chance we'll ever see Vulpera (and only because some people are loud about them) and 0% that we'll ever see Junker Gnomes (why not just give gnomes more customisation options that they can unlock? Gnomes aren't a very popular race and 2 gnomish races won't fix that) or Sethrak
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-04-13 at 11:03 AM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's not enough basis for me. For starters, there are many non-engineer NPCs who sell this specific item. I can see that this specific NPC is essentially tinkering with scraps etc, but that doesn't mean that the vulpera, as a race, has a focus on gadgets/machines as gnomes and goblins. They are just doing what gypsies irl do, getting scraps from trash and do stuff with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

He means this:

Where can we found these NPC? They look amazing. Are they a race or simply human? I hope we can have an Allied Race based on this model.