Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    All Rogues should have poisons too.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Yeah it just feels wrong. Can't wait to play classic again and get all my original Rogue love.
    amen some good ol rogue loving. miss the poisons and ranged attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarottie View Post
    All Rogues should have poisons too.
    This is so obviously correct I still can't wrap my brain around how the design team ever failed to grasp it.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Yeah it just feels wrong. Can't wait to play classic again and get all my original Rogue love.
    That, although I'll miss the mobility we have now. No Shadowstep, Stealth reducing you to turtle speed, Sprint with a 5min CD? Big sad.

Also, Faerie Fire is making a return. Not having CoS will make me remember why I hated druids!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    This is so obviously correct I still can't wrap my brain around how the design team ever failed to grasp it.
    Also, you can't state opinions as a fact. I mean, you can, but it would be factually incorrect. :P
    What I am trying to say, I don't give a rat's ass about poisons. If they come back, meh, and if they don't, meh. There's more important things they should return.

In M+ I was using Gouge quite often when I played Outlaw since a lot of people slack on interupts and it gives you that extra time for Kick to come back from cd, I really hope some class wide abilities will come back to all specs

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    What I am trying to say, I don't give a rat's ass about poisons. If they come back, meh, and if they don't, meh. There's more important things they should return.
    Crippling Poison and Shiv are of vital importance to hit and run Rogue gameplay. Bleed kiting, staying out of melee range while refilling energy, going for a restealth to get out stuns and a big Find Weakness opener. You can say that you don't care about it but that's coming from a place where you aren't appreciating how the pieces fit together to form the whole Rogue package.

And that is just the mechanical argument. What about so-called ClassFantasy? I refuse to accept the ridiculous notion that my Rogue after more than a decade simply forgot how to make and use Crippling Poison. No, I am not buying that at all. Without poisons, it doesn't even deserve to be called a Rogue.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2019-07-15 at 11:45 AM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Crippling Poison and Shiv are of vital importance to hit and run Rogue gameplay. Bleed kiting, staying out of melee range while refilling energy, going for a restealth to get out stuns and a big Find Weakness opener. You can say that you don't care about it but that's coming from a place where you aren't appreciating how the pieces fit together to form the whole Rogue package.

And that is just the mechanical argument. What about so-called ClassFantasy? I refuse to accept the ridiculous notion that my Rogue after more than a decade simply forgot how to make and use Crippling Poison. No, I am not buying that at all. Without poisons, it doesn't even deserve to be called a Rogue.
    Shiv has been remodeled as a PvP talent, including the slow. The duration isn't quite as long as it used to be but I'd be fine if they added the ability back baseline.

I think we've talked about class fantasy already.

Because they were chasing guild wars 2 at the time.

Shiv has been remodeled as a PvP talent, including the slow. The duration isn't quite as long as it used to be but I'd be fine if they added the ability back baseline.

I think we've talked about class fantasy already.
    I am of course aware that Shiv is a PvP talent. It was originally just the slow, however they have also since added the enrage dispel back due to player feedback. Unfortunately, it is still effectively pruned since no one is choosing this talent when there are limited slots and more powerful choices available. It needs to be baseline.

About class fantasy, it seems that Blizzard agrees with me since Ion Hazzikostas admitted in his latest address the fact that they not only went too far with ability pruning, but also went too far in prioritizing spec fantasy over class fantasy (Rogue was one of the classes he specifically cited as an example), went too far in making each spec feel like a distinct class and didn't respect the fact that players signed up to play a CLASS first and foremost at the character selection screen so many years ago.

Now is the time for us to keep the pressure on.

― Douglas Adams

"I don't like being balanced so i'm going to scream at the top of my lungs until i get what i want" -thread

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    "I don't like being balanced so i'm going to scream at the top of my lungs until i get what i want" -thread
    Are you implying that Rogues were imbalanced prior to the Legion pruning? Why then was Rogue the one class that never won the Blizzcon arena tournament?

Looking forward to seeing you back up your argument with data. This should be good.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2019-07-15 at 04:08 PM.

― Douglas Adams

Are you implying that Rogues were imbalanced prior to the Legion pruning? Why then was Rogue the one class that never won the Blizzcon arena tournament?

Looking forward to seeing you back up your argument with data. This should be good.
    Is one class having the ability to cc people for 10+ seconds unassisted with several different dr balanced?

Looking forward to seeing you cry about arenas like you always do.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Is one class having the ability to cc people for 10+ seconds unassisted with several different dr balanced?

Looking forward to seeing you cry about arenas like you always do.
    Yes. Subtlety Rogue is a CC spec, that is the strength of the spec, it's been not only the strength of the spec but really its core identity in PvP since the very beginning.

Other specs have less CC but other forms of utility and greater damage throughput.

The pruning of Subtlety's CC is homogenization. It's making our strengths less and adding other strengths to replace them that we never should have gotten.

Also, if you had taken the effort to read the thread instead of vomiting useless words through your keyboard based on your emotional response, you'd understand that the proposal is to set Shadow Dance back to a 1min CD with no CDR and no charges.

If you seriously want to argue that Subtlety was broken when it was designed exactly the way I've described, I'd love to hear your argument. Again, please bring the data to back up that argument or else stop making useless posts
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2019-07-15 at 09:41 PM.

― Douglas Adams

Yes. Subtlety Rogue is a CC spec, that is the strength of the spec, it's been not only the strength of the spec but really its core identity in PvP since the very beginning.

Other specs have less CC but other forms of utility and greater damage throughput.

The pruning of Subtlety's CC is homogenization. It's making our strengths less and adding other strengths to replace them that we never should have gotten.

Also, if you had taken the effort to read the thread instead of vomiting useless words through your keyboard based on your emotional response, you'd understand that the proposal is to set Shadow Dance back to a 1min CD with no CDR and no charges.

If you seriously want to argue that Subtlety was broken when it was designed exactly the way I've described, I'd love to hear your argument. Again, please bring the data to back up that argument or else stop making useless posts
    Dude you're discussing with a troll. He doesn't care. He just wants to stir shit. Pick your battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Dude you're discussing with a troll. He doesn't care. He just wants to stir shit. Pick your battles.
    Fair enough. I'll stick to discussing with people who are a) arguing in good faith, and b) understand the history and historic identity of the class. It looks like rohoz is mad that they got ganked by a Rogue once, or didn't get invited to the M+ run, and just wants to cry about it.

― Douglas Adams

Fair enough. I'll stick to discussing with people who are a) arguing in good faith, and b) understand the history and historic identity of the class
    The question here is whether they even want to bethink themselves of the classes' roots. To ground the specs in a unified base is one thing, it's another to throw out much of what they've done over the past two expansions.

You maybe know my stance on this. I like the shadowy theme and I think it fits, all I am hoping for is a couple more buttons to press and perhaps a more complex rotation. That may well mean dialing back Shadow Dance in favor of other mechanics, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    amen some good ol rogue loving. miss the poisons and ranged attacks.
    You'll miss being actually invisible, vanish bug not being a thing, short cooldowns, lack of mobility, lack of CoS.

Also be ready for sap getting you out of stealth, and energy ticks being a thing.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-07-16 at 07:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have played rogue for about 10 years. I really liked the feel of Gouge, it was a cool thing to use when i had to run away from PVP or to extend a CC rotation......BUT! It proberly has the same usage in actual content as Eye of the Beast for hunters.

It does nothing unique really, especially for rogues. Blind, Cheap Shot and Kidney Shot kinda have their role, but Gouge....Its just a smaller version of the other 3, a CC that just adds to the huge CC that rogues have, but its not core. Its not a thing that is identifying for the class and if i had to remove an ability from the core rogue arsenal in 2016, it would proberly have been my first choice.

So in a world where you HAVE to cut something from the kit, i would like to hear somebody defend it staying over so many other abilities.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    So in a world where you HAVE to cut something from the kit, i would like to hear somebody defend it staying over so many other abilities.
    Don't say that with shoegazing around, he'll hear you and come galopping on a noble steed to challenge you to a duel under the gods.

I'd argue the only area of the game where Gouge is not useful is raids. It serves as an interrupt and a brief moment of respite, you'll use your other CC in situations where you wouldn't use Gouge. Of course it is additional CC, though, as that is rather the point. CC is our jam.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't say that with shoegazing around, he'll hear you and come galopping on a noble steed to challenge you to a duel under the gods.

I'd argue the only area of the game where Gouge is not useful is raids. It serves as an interrupt and a brief moment of respite, you'll use your other CC in situations where you wouldn't use Gouge. Of course it is additional CC, though, as that is rather the point. CC is our jam.
    I can already see him come charging down the hill xD

I agree that it has use, like a lot of use, but we already have interrupts and abilities to give us a moment to flee or get back CDs. If we needed more CC i would agree, that it is a good addition to the base kit, but to be honest, i already think we have enough. I find Blind filling the spot of time-extender in PVP and gouge is something i would use only when Blind was off CD and in single combat.

Again, i would not mind it being there and if Blizzard thought that the toolkit of Rogues lacked CC, i would promote it being instated, but....Cheap Shot, Kidney shot and Blind just feels like enough really. Especially when we also have a pretty good kit in PVP for slows to give us more room.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.