Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    That is not for you to decide. It is subjective to the eye of the beholder. Maybe you don't find Shroud iconic, but I do as well as many others.

A lot of people like Shroud, and for you to neglect that is just ignorant and selfish.

I don't do pvp so if Blizzard completely destroyed rogues for pvp and used all their resources on pve, it would benefit me. But I would never ask for something like that, because I'm not a small minded person and I care about the wellbeing of other people.

I find your comments extremely toxic.
    I think Shroud is a badly designed ability. It's obviously imbalanced in M+. With that said, I don't care about it, except for the fact that:

1. PvP Rogues asked Blizzard to give us our buttons back

2. Blizzard said "we hear you, we're going to give you a button back in 7.1"

3. That button was Shroud. Clearly, Blizzard did NOT hear us.

Am I hellbent on removing Shroud from the game? Nah, I don't care. I think it's a badly designed ability that creates a degenerate M+ meta of double Rogue compositions. If I were in charge of designing the class, I would probably consider removing it. But it's not my priority. I'm not starting threads about how Shroud should be pruned.

With that being said, when I am demanding Gouge be restored to its rightful position as my "4" keybind where it resided since early 2005, and people are saying "no you can't have that because you already have Shroud your class is so broken already!", I'm not going to sugarcoat my response or go out of my way to argue that Shroud should stay.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2019-05-18 at 03:54 AM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I think Shroud is a badly designed ability. It's obviously imbalanced in M+. With that said, I don't care about it, except for the fact that:

1. PvP Rogues asked Blizzard to give us our buttons back

2. Blizzard said "we hear you, we're going to give you a button back in 7.1"

3. That button was Shroud. Clearly, Blizzard did NOT hear us.

Am I hellbent on removing Shroud from the game? Nah, I don't care. I think it's a badly designed ability that creates a degenerate M+ meta of double Rogue compositions. If I were in charge of designing the class, I would probably consider removing it. But it's not my priority. I'm not starting threads about how Shroud should be pruned.

With that being said, when I am demanding Gouge be restored to its rightful position as my "4" keybind where it resided since early 2005, and people are saying "no you can't have that because you already have Shroud your class is so broken already!", I'm not going to sugarcoat my response or go out of my way to argue that Shroud should stay.
    To be honest, that is a question the expansion after BfA will have to answer. Did they learn their lesson? They've heard the unanimous feedback about class design, no doubt. They know there is a no insubstantial part of the playerbase that craves complexity.
    Part of that may be getting gouge back.
    But we'll have to wait and see. Sit tight and then fill the beta forums, which they'll surely listen to this time, he.
    As far as that is concerned, we need more people like Shoegazing. People that treat this like a holy crusade. Shoegazing lo vult, infidels! :P

Because Holy Crusades always go so well.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman
    winning
    "A stick is a love letter that hasn't been made into paper yet."
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Because Holy Crusades always go so well.
    Where the metaphor ends, foolery starts. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    As far as that is concerned, we need more people like Shoegazing. People that treat this like a holy crusade. Shoegazing lo vult, infidels! :P
    I greatly appreciate your kind and supportive words. And I agree, we as players need to understand that our voices matter.

This class is important to us. We need to speak up about it. It's never too late.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

Quote Originally Posted by memphx View Post
    Hunter should be only a ranged class.
    DPS classes shouldn't be able to heal.
    HEAL classes shouldnt be able to do damage.

Yeah there are things in this game which I can't understand.
    rogue should have some range to it that barely works but still works. not broken to where it doesn't work. rogues should have heals recuperate was really good to heal after a fight. healers should be able to do less damage than other pure dps specs . pure dps should be greater damage roles. as healers have greater healing capability. warlords of draenor was a good balance everyone could have fun.

most of this has been taken out and probably why i stopped playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Could not agree more, this is (IMO) a major issue with every class at the moment... The over-separation of specs that began in Legion will forever scar it as a bad expansion in my eyes.

The class/spec dynamic should be a whole package(the class) with the spec, well, specializing in a chunk of it and making that chunk better while retaining all of the base (like it was for the 12 years before Legion happened)... Right now They specialize in the chunk and throw away the rest and it feels awful.
    They were close to that idea in WoD but then made a 180 degree turn and splitted everything to pieces.

Cause rogues need more CC, yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Cause rogues need more CC, yeah....
    Rogues are a CC class and should get back the classic CC that their toolkit always had

And Dance uptime should be reduced to compensate for it, which means less Sap and Cheap Shot

Read the damn thread next time before you fire off a stupid, effortless response

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Rogues are a CC class and should get back the classic CC that their toolkit always had

And Dance uptime should be reduced to compensate for it, which means less Sap and Cheap Shot

Read the damn thread next time before you fire off a stupid, effortless response
    No they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    No they don't.
    What are you saying "No they don't" to?

This thread shows exactly why CLASSIC is way better then retail.
    Rogues should have Gouge by default.

Just like Boomkins should have Blink by default.

Blizzard has ruined the classes in retail, it's an absolute joke.