Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How does the Tauren Heritage Armor Totem work?

Is the Totem on their back a weapon? Is it a part of the Chest Piece or a Cape replacement?

Probably just like the Highmountain Tauren totem, it's part of the chest piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Is the Totem on their back a weapon? Is it a part of the Chest Piece or a Cape replacement?
    I remember reading the totem = cloak. No citation though. Could be wrong, but I could have sworn. I was very excited about it.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2019-04-12 at 08:35 PM.

Would be cool if it was a back piece but yeah probalby part of the chest.

All I know is I like it a lot better than the HM totems. Same with the overall armor. The shoulder armor on the HM set should be like 30% bigger so you can actually see it due to the antlers being so big.

I wish it would be a weapon. I can't really find a transmog that works for my Tauren Paladin with this.

I'm sure it will be part of the chest though.

Don't know why they're suddenly bright white themed, but okay Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    I wish it would be a weapon. I can't really find a transmog that works for my Tauren Paladin with this.

I'm sure it will be part of the chest though.
    I think a giant polearm would work well with it. There's a few that would fit the armor I think.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...Why feathers and eagle? I mean, I understand there's a bird on the Tauren totens, but the bird stuff looks so much more Highmountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I think a giant polearm would work well with it. There's a few that would fit the armor I think.
    A giant axe or polearm sitting beneath the totem would look pretty good, yeah. This will be a great looking sunwalker armor (despite the dumb hat. why do so many heritage armors have trash hats?)

Found it, looks like the totem is a cloak. Second bullet point.

I haven't seen how the Highmountain Totems work.

So does it still work with a cloak? And wouldn't a back-stored weapon clip through the totem all the time?

-edit- Ah! So it is a cloak. Very interesting find! I like that concept, and I like that Blizzard is getting creative here with racial identity and personalizing some slots. This really gives me a stronger reason to roll a Tauren in the future.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    And wouldn't a back-stored weapon clip through the totem all the time?
    Yeah, that's why it's garbage. It should've been a 2h-weapon skin instead.

So does it still work with a cloak? And wouldn't a back-stored weapon clip through the totem all the time?
    Cloak and weapons clip through it, yeah, but polearms look more like they sit behind the totems.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    (despite the dumb hat. why do so many heritage armors have trash hats?)
    Finding a decent looking headpiece for a Tauren (Or Highmountain Tauren) is like looking for a needle in a haystack, this hunch totally ruins any helmet, this headpiece, like the Highmountain Tauren one, covers this at least halfway decent.

I wish they would give Tauren a similiar option like Orcs with their hunchback.
    Make them more like this

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Yeah, that's why it's garbage. Should've been a 2h-weapon skin from the start.
    So every Tauren that can't use a 2hander gets screwed? Don't be stupid.

I agree that the totem should be a weapon skin. They've shown with artifact appearances that they can let you mog whatever you want over anything regardless of weapon type.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll probably be part of the chestpiece like the Highmountain one is. But hopefully it'll be a cloak. I've been hoping for more non-cloak back items for a while now. The apothecary/plaguebringer backpacks come to mind; I always wanted that but it's an npc only item. :/

Can't speak for the original person you quoted, but for me, it could have worked how Artifact Weapons do and cosmetic armor pieces do; any weapon could be transmogged to it.

I just really wanted my Sunwalker to beat the crap out of stuff with a huge totem.

Not sure why, but I prefer 2h Maces on my Sunwalker to polearms and other options.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Better than a useless stick on your back with clipping issues.