Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Based on 7.3.5? Re-Arrnage Characters on the Login Screen?

So I've been thinking if this is based on 7.3.5 do you think we will be able to re-arrange our toons on the character screen? I hope so.

I'm not opposed to this in any way. Good change, no drawbacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    No reason not to have the option.

Absolutely no impact on gameplay whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    but what about the #NoChanges people
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I'll tell you why I tend to ignore them.

They'll be using the best PC/internet they can afford, which is almost certainly NOT what was attainable in '04-'06.
    If they REALLY want a 100% authentic experience, they would get a PC built using ONLY parts available then, and ONLY use internet type/speed available then also.
    Otherwise it's not a true 100% authentic experience.

See, this'd be a fine change. The #NoChange people can go jump off a cliff. Some things tiny itty bitty changes that're ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post

They'll be using the best PC/internet they can afford, which is almost certainly NOT what was attainable in '04-'06.
    If they REALLY want a 100% authentic experience, they would get a PC built using ONLY parts available then, and ONLY use internet type/speed available then also.
    inb4 someone makes an addon to mimic 2004 latency...

I mean some fighting games actually have a latency simulator in training mode so I'm sure it could be done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    inb4 someone makes an addon to mimic 2004 latency...

I mean some fighting games actually have a latency simulator in training mode so I'm sure it could be done
    No doubt it can easily be done, but I damn sure would never intentionally impair my latency.
    Neither would even the most hardcore "nochanges" folks despite what they might say.

I hope this is in. I want as authentic of an experience as possible, but menu options and things like this are pure QOL with no impact on the experience, I don't see a reason not to include it
    Lifelong gamer, MMO/FPS/BR/CCG enthusiast.
    Pro Gear And Settings

CO-GM <Scrutiny>

I don't think people are talking about the conditions when they ask for no changes. I'm not interested in being buried in student loans again while single and alone in a new city, gaming on a CRT at midnight. People are asking for a faithful recreation of the GAME they played. Not the life conditions.

That being said, its likely that something like this will be there just based on the fact that it would take them longer to remove it, than to just leave it be. And its so basic that it doesn't matter much. I suspect this is the same reason they mentioned they aren't removing the ability to multi-mail items etc. Its just a .... waste of their dev time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyrax View Post
    I don't think people are talking about the conditions when they ask for no changes. I'm not interested in being buried in student loans again while single and alone in a new city, gaming on a CRT at midnight. People are asking for a faithful recreation of the GAME they played. Not the life conditions.

That being said, its likely that something like this will be there just based on the fact that it would take them longer to remove it, than to just leave it be. And its so basic that it doesn't matter much. I suspect this is the same reason they mentioned they aren't removing the ability to multi-mail items etc. Its just a .... waste of their dev time.
    Part of the recreation of the '04-'06 WoW experience involves the connection speeds and the machine it's played on.

Wasn't referring to IRL conditions outside the game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    See, this'd be a fine change. The #NoChange people can go jump off a cliff. Some things tiny itty bitty changes that're ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

You all are just incapable of distinguishing a couple of things. People have been screaming for no changes (at least 99% of them), as in, they don't want the gameplay (like class balance) and visuals to change.

This is obviously a small change which no one cares about and it isn't the same comparison.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-04-15 at 03:46 PM.

I can't see how this addition will impact on the experience of Classic.

The impossibility to change Char order was one of the most disturbing things I recall from Vanilla but that is because I have OCD

Did anyone confirm this at the demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrax View Post
    People are asking for a faithful recreation of the GAME they played.
    And lag/low framerate was a part of the GAME they played. So was high latency and disconnects.

NO CHANGES

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Did anyone confirm this at the demo?
    I'm not sure we can take things like that as truth from the demo, seeing as it also had a ton of things that weren't supposed to be in. (summon stones, LFD/LFR windows, incorrect stats, etc)

I'd say wait until beta to start checking for things like this.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no, this would make you more prone to changing main characters, and it would modify the original interface.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    You all are just incapable of distinguishing a couple of things. People have been screaming for no changes (at least 99% of them), as in, they don't want the gameplay (like class balance) and visuals to change.

This is obviously a small change which no one cares about and it isn't the same comparison.
    You say that, but there are the nutty ones. The vocal minority.

No changes please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    No changes please.
    Then don't use the option if it's put in.

Someone else rearranging their character order does NOT affect anyone else in any way, nor does it affect the original gaming experience.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

Keep in mind what motivates the #nochanges crowd. What drives it is the (justified) belief that Blizzard just simply cannot be trusted to make the right decisions regarding what changes would be ok to implement and which ones wouldn't. Too many idiots had too much influence over the years and that philosophy has negatively impacted the game to the point of no return.