Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    At Blizzcon they said they are considering to block addons that undermine the social experience of Vanilla.
    Meaning an addon similiar to Oqueue is unlikely, as the most common place to find a group was the LFG / Trade chat, not the interface of some addon.
    But the issue is that since PS existed people used the World Chat, so I'm quite sure they are used to it and want it somehow in Classic.

Or Blizzard makes avaible a World Chat or oQueque add-ons are the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrax View Post
    Is your internet connection part of the game? I had broadband in 2004.... Is your framerate part of the game? Some of us had decent PC's. Like I said, people are asking for recreation of the Game..... not the variables of the outside world. Odd of you to reply to me with things that aren't a part of the game.
    Addons aren't a part of the game, they come from 3rd party sources.

That's what you sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    But the issue is that since PS existed people used the World Chat, so I'm quite sure they are used to it and want it somehow in Classic.
    I seriously doubt Blizzard would change things just to accomodate that crowd.

Blizzard can block those addons, like they said.

Either they implement the group finder tool from live or block those addons entirely, being able to look for a group is essential to this game, leaving that to a third party addon is just plain bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyrax View Post
    Again... your PC hardware, and your bandwidth through you personal ISP is all IRL stuff literally outside of the game.... Your dsl was not hardcoded into the game code.... neither was your PC specs.
    PC hardware and ISP internet speeds/bandwidth are still part of the gaming experience. They affect literally EVERYTHING involved with playing.

Rearranging characters on the selection screen affects absolutely NOTHING about the gameplay experience. At ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    inb4 someone makes an addon to mimic 2004 latency...

I mean some fighting games actually have a latency simulator in training mode so I'm sure it could be done
    Check out blizzards section on Batch Spells....they are basically adding in a "latency" to mimic classic.

The nochange crowd has its extreme far people.

I want no changes, but when i say that i mean things like NO dungeon finder, No stat weight changes, No class tuning away from 1.12 - Coming from a a Shaman man.

Part of the charm is some of the quirk...BUGS or EXPLOITS are not quirks , get those the fuck outta here.

Oqueue/Vqueue are dependant on chats, since it scans selected channels for keywords. Having a World Chat just makes the addon stronger.

No way. It would modify the original character selection screen. I doubt this would even make it to Classic.

I can't stand those goofy up/down buttons in live. And I REALLY can't stand the ridiculous scroll bar the screen has now.

And to all you who say, why should I care about cosmetic changes that I can't see -- I can see it. Either I see it on my screen. Or I see a HUGE convoluted list of options to turn shit on and off, that Blizzard needed to waste time on implementing, because the player base is filled with dumb fucks that don't understand that this is a re-release and not a remaster.

#NoChanges.
    Last edited by ablib; 2019-04-19 at 04:36 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    I'll tell you why I tend to ignore them.

They'll be using the best PC/internet they can afford, which is almost certainly NOT what was attainable in '04-'06.
    If they REALLY want a 100% authentic experience, they would get a PC built using ONLY parts available then, and ONLY use internet type/speed available then also.
    Otherwise it's not a true 100% authentic experience.
    I was kinda hoping Blizzard would use something like this for a Classic WoW April Fool's joke.

"We hear the #nochanges community loud and clear. We're committed to providing an authentic vanilla experience. Any players attempting to run WoW: Classic on an operating system newer than Windows Vista will get an error message and be unable to run the game. Only Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP (up to Service Pack 2 only, since XP Service Pack 3 didn't come out until 2008), and Vista will be allowed. Oh, and don't try to use compatibility mode or VMs. We'll find out.

In addition, the game launcher for WoW: Classic will run a hardware check and send your system specifications back to us. If your PC is found to have any hardware newer than the BC pre-launch patch, your account will be banned from accessing WoW: Classic servers. However, you may remove/replace the offending hardware components with approved hardware. Your account will then be re-evaluated, pending the hardware check results."

OT: I would have no problem at all with allowing character rearrangement on the character screen in Classic. It has absolutely zero impact on on the experience.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-04-19 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    No way. It would modify the original character selection screen. I doubt this would even make it to Classic.

I can't stand those goofy up/down buttons in live. And I REALLY can't stand the ridiculous scroll bar the screen has now.

And to all you who say, why should I care about cosmetic changes that I can't see -- I can see it. Either I see it on my screen. Or I see a HUGE convoluted list of options to turn shit on and off, that Blizzard needed to waste time on implementing, because the player base is filled with dumb fucks that don't understand that this is a re-release and not a remaster.

#NoChanges.
    It is kind of a remaster since it is modified legion client to mimic vanilla, it's not 1.12 client with battlenet launcher enabled.

Would you NoChanges people also disagree with the addition of colourblind mode and the Move Pad?

Those things change gameplay more than being able to rearrange characters would, because they let disabled and colourblind people play the game easier.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    3) Some of the charm of Vanilla is that the game can be very tedious. If something like the order of your characters is important to you, then Classic WoW is not the game for you. Sorry. You will not be playing for long.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-v1TTUyhM

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    No reason not to have the option.

Absolutely no impact on gameplay whatsoever.
    Considering how there is a group that UNIRONICALLY doens't want any new features including color blind mode, I can see them complaining how the character arrangement list can impact that precious immersion lmao

No changes, please.

I like the tension created by this. It's part of classics character like all the other inconveniences.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    You should stick to the subject.

I stand firmly in the no-changes camp as I always have and always will. I've been waiting a few days to come up with an answer to this one because I just couldn't find a good reason to say no. I tried. I even tried to apply the slippery slope argument but even I myself had to laugh at that one. I just can't think of any good reason why character rearrangement shouldn't be allowed. It's got to be the least intrusive "change" I've ever heard of in terms of the actual gameplay experience. It has literally no affect on gameplay, as it occurs before you even play the game.

I am no-changes and I approve of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    You all are just incapable of distinguishing a couple of things. People have been screaming for no changes (at least 99% of them), as in, they don't want the gameplay (like class balance) and visuals to change.

This is obviously a small change which no one cares about and it isn't the same comparison.
    The #nochanges group is the perfect example of “you think you do, but you don’t” is actually correct. The same people that scream no changes at players are the same people who sing the praises of Blizzard who change things like releasing the game in a 1.13 state, complete with spec balancing and changes that weren’t in the game at the time of certain raids and dungeons. The same group who applaud Blizz changing loot rules because they don’t want to hire people to handle complaints, yet these are the same people who praise the community so much and speak of things such as black listing yet admit ninja’ing loot is such a rampant problem.
    Look, I don’t care how Blizz handles it, I more than likely won’t play. Might dabble to check it out, but nothing serious. The fact that keeps me amused is just how often people flop on their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The #nochanges group is the perfect example of “you think you do, but you don’t” is actually correct.
    Most of them are hypocrites as well and want changes to server sizes and respawn rates. What they actually mean is #OnlyPrivateServerChanges, like those changes are somehow more acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Most of them are hypocrites as well and want changes to server sizes and respawn rates. What they actually mean is #OnlyPrivateServerChanges, like those changes are somehow more acceptable.
    Lots of people who believe in no changes have never played on any illegal servers.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Lots of people who believe in no changes have never played on any illegal servers.
    Yes and those are the people Blizzard should be listen to in my opinion since they probably actually mean no changes when they say #nochanges.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Right, because there is an official definitive survey into what and what not have played the no changes freaks... Anyway there must be something really fucked up in the brains of those who are bothered that people are able to move up and down character names on the fucking interface. Something really really wrong medically speaking...