1. #1

    suggestion - achievements/badges

    many forums have these and even wowhead has them off their forum. i know they'll add more flavor to posting, your profile, your contribution, contructivity and loads more. we have one achievement already that changes with the amount of posts you have. let's add little badges under your profile let's take a look at this example:

    X = Badge 1 icon
    Y = Badge 2 icon
    Z = Badge 3 icon
    ... = Click to see all of user's earned badges.


    Profile:
    Post Count Achievement Name We Have Now
    X, Y, Z - ...
    Location
    Post Count

    An example of what some of the badges can be. This time let's add a name to a badge.
    (Weekly Freaky): Posted consecutively for an entire week.
    (Stomraged!): Posted 10,000 times.
    (Battle for Azeroth!): Logged in during Battle for Azeroth's launch week.
    (Trendsetter): Original Poster of Thread that reached 100 pages.
    (MVP): Make 100 friends

    These are purely for cosmetic purposes and can be used for other things.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    many forums have these and even wowhead has them off their forum. i know they'll add more flavor to posting, your profile, your contribution, contructivity and loads more. we have one achievement already that changes with the amount of posts you have. let's add little badges under your profile let's take a look at this example:

    X = Badge 1 icon
    Y = Badge 2 icon
    Z = Badge 3 icon
    ... = Click to see all of user's earned badges.


    Profile:
    Post Count Achievement Name We Have Now
    X, Y, Z - ...
    Location
    Post Count

    An example of what some of the badges can be. This time let's add a name to a badge.
    (Weekly Freaky): Posted consecutively for an entire week.
    (Stomraged!): Posted 10,000 times.
    (Battle for Azeroth!): Logged in during Battle for Azeroth's launch week.
    (Trendsetter): Original Poster of Thread that reached 100 pages.
    (MVP): Make 100 friends

    These are purely for cosmetic purposes and can be used for other things.
    I always find it funny when people involved in an activity that is inherently a "loser" thing to do by most of society's standards want some type of extra superlative to make themselves feel better about it. You want a gold medal for spending your weekend painting your Warhammer figurines? People shouldn't feel any pride in spending so much time on this forum.
    Last edited by Sulla; 2019-04-13 at 05:33 PM.

  3. #3
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    15,706
    I don’t like collecting friends like they’re Pokemon.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I always find it funny when people involved in an activity that is inherently a "loser" thing to do by most of society's standards want some type of extra superlative to make themselves feel better about it. You want a gold medal for spending your weekend painting your Warhammer figurines? People shouldn't feel any pride in spending so much time on this forum.
    Wow you’re full of negativity and this post was made for nothing but to argue
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Wow you’re full of negativity and this post was made for nothing but to argue
    I recognize that my opinion on your suggestion might have offended you, although I stand by it. This suggestion (minus your more specific recommendations) has been made and shot down several times before.

  6. #6
    Merely a Setback Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    29,690
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    many forums have these and even wowhead has them off their forum. i know they'll add more flavor to posting, your profile, your contribution, contructivity and loads more. we have one achievement already that changes with the amount of posts you have. let's add little badges under your profile let's take a look at this example:

    X = Badge 1 icon
    Y = Badge 2 icon
    Z = Badge 3 icon
    ... = Click to see all of user's earned badges.


    Profile:
    Post Count Achievement Name We Have Now
    X, Y, Z - ...
    Location
    Post Count

    An example of what some of the badges can be. This time let's add a name to a badge.
    (Weekly Freaky): Posted consecutively for an entire week.
    (Stomraged!): Posted 10,000 times.
    (Battle for Azeroth!): Logged in during Battle for Azeroth's launch week.
    (Trendsetter): Original Poster of Thread that reached 100 pages.
    (MVP): Make 100 friends

    These are purely for cosmetic purposes and can be used for other things.
    Well, your top example is already on the forum, a title connected to your posts.

    Yours is currently, 'Elemental Lord'.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Twoddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,276
    One of the reasons I come here is because it doesn't have those features you mention.

  8. #8
    We are very unlikely to have development time for this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •