View Poll Results: Do you Hold your Farts ?

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • Yes

5 18.52%
  • No..I let it go

22 81.48%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bad news for fart holders

Apparently holding in your farts may be bad for your health.
    You may instead breathe out the fart in your breath

What foods make you fart?
    And do you hold in your farts in a public place?

Green vegetables tend to make me have a bit of flatulence..

https://www.medicaldaily.com/holding...tulence-427538

https://www.news.com.au/technology/s...3e59724711f9a0

Holding a fart in won’t just leave you feeling uncomfortable — it could end up in you breathing the fart out your mouth instead.

That’s according to Professor Clare Collins, a nutrition and dietetics expert at the University of Newcastle.

Writing for The Conversation, she said holding in trapped wind could cause abdominal distension, “with some gas reabsorbed into the circulation and exhaled in your breath”.

“Holding on too long means the build-up of intestinal gas will eventually escape via an uncontrollable fart,” Prof Collins added.

Meanwhile, she warned it could also lead to a condition called diverticulitis but pointed out the evidence wasn’t clear.

That’s where small pouches develop in the gut lining and become inflamed.

The research found people farted more after a big meal and less so at night.

Prof Collins said the gases produced in the intestines come from different sources.

“It can be from swallowing air,” she said. “Or from carbon dioxide produced when stomach acid mixes with bicarbonate in the small intestine.

“Or gases can be produced by bacteria that are located in the large intestine.”

The smelliest farts were due to sulphur-containing gases, one study found.

Sixteen healthy adults were fed pinto beans and lactulose, and the smell was evaluated by two judges — yes really, poor things!

The good news was in a follow-up experiment the researchers found a charcoal-lined cushion “helped quash the smell of the sulphur gases”.

And last but not least in the fart news stakes, Prof Collins said jet setters were very much in the firing line.

“Pressurised cabins on aeroplanes mean you’re more likely to pass flatus due to the gas volume expanding at the lower cabin pressure compared to being on the ground,” she said.

Breaking wind is an entirely natural response to the body’s digestion of food.
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2019-04-13 at 02:49 AM.

so.... a burp?

i don't even let myself do it in front of my family, never had anything happen to me because of holding it. held them in all through school, most of the day too, no issue.

i got a bit of lactose intolerance, so... bad times any time i have a bowl of cereal or glass of milk. cheese doesn't bother me though.

Better to fart and feel the shame than not to fart and feel the pain.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post

“Holding on too long means the build-up of intestinal gas will eventually escape via an uncontrollable fart,” Prof Collins added.

The research found people farted more after a big meal and less so at night.
    Professor Obvious here!!

Prof Collins said the gases produced in the intestines come from different sources.

“It can be from swallowing air,” she said. “Or from carbon dioxide produced when stomach acid mixes with bicarbonate in the small intestine.

“Or gases can be produced by bacteria that are located in the large intestine.”
    Basic digestive system working then?

The smelliest farts were due to sulphur-containing gases, one study found.
    Erm, we've known this for decades

Breaking wind is an entirely natural response to the body’s digestion of food.
    [/QUOTE]

Really? Imagine that!!

I love how money is funded into shit that you learn at 12 years old....

people hold their farts? news to me, what wierdos.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    so.... a burp?

i don't even let myself do it in front of my family, never had anything happen to me because of holding it. held them in all through school, most of the day too, no issue.

i got a bit of lactose intolerance, so... bad times any time i have a bowl of cereal or glass of milk. cheese doesn't bother me though.
    A burp, with faecal matter in it. :V

Last edited by Daedius; 2019-04-13 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

[video=youtube;UjhhUWpIIZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjhhUWpIIZo[video]
    [video=youtube;UmNeO63xCnU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmNeO63xCnU[video]
    hmmm.

i've heard tale of people puking out shit, because of some kind of complication before. idk if i buy that you're actually farting out of your mouth though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gee, regular bodily functions are good for the body. What a surprise.
    Putin khuliyo

Good thing I never hold them in. I don't care where I am, I always let it out. I do have to hold my shit in often though, can't let that out whenever I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    While farting in the car turning up the heat and locking the doors will get you killed.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Women don't fart
    Change my mind.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It says just gas is reabsorbed, so no fecal matter.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    Women don't fart
    Change my mind.
    my friend, if you'd like, i have some fetish videos that'd blow(pun intended) your mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't fart in public, only to save the other humans around me though, at home I have no mercy

When I first met my first girlfriend and she stayed the night, I held them in, and bloody hell I had cramps like crazy the next day. The things you do for love...

Also, this:

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm.

i've heard tale of people puking out shit, because of some kind of complication before. idk if i buy that you're actually farting out of your mouth though.
    Unfortunately for my mother, she can confirm this is not a tale...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Unfortunately for my mother, she can confirm this is not a tale...
    yeah, some guy on this show had it happen, "monsters inside me" it's called. had a blockage in his bowel or something, even got sepsis i think.

what caused it for your mom?

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah, some guy on this show had it happen, "monsters inside me" it's called. had a blockage in his bowel or something, even got sepsis i think.

what caused it for your mom?
    Same as that guy, a blockage in her bowel, caused by scar tissue from being operated on multiple times for previous blockages. Pretty much a vicious circle (the blockages, not vomiting poop, that only happened one time).

Same as that guy, a blockage in her bowel, caused by scar tissue from being operated on multiple times for previous blockages. Pretty much a vicious circle (the blockages, not vomiting poop, that only happened one time).
    damn. i hope she's doing ok now days.

that show made me so paranoid, so many people getting fucking broken pieces of grill brushes stuck in their guts and nearly dying, or those brain eating amoebas.

15+ Year Old Account
    damn. i hope she's doing ok now days.

that show made me so paranoid, so many people getting fucking broken pieces of grill brushes stuck in their guts and nearly dying, or those brain eating amoebas.
    yeah it's been some years now since her last blockage. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

yeah it's been some years now since her last blockage. Fingers crossed it stays that way!
    hopefully, a lot of bad shit can come about from that kind of stuff.

i've always been extra scared of that kind of stuff because i don't handle embarrassment and being open well(that's a severe understatement, and i'm not just trying to be jokey), and it'd be mortifying if something broke to the point i had to get a colostomy bag.