Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    with the rumor of disney repopulated lucas games it wouldnt suprise me. Though i have about as much faith in disney not milking the games from thier studio as i do ea. I also greatly tire of the hardon everyone has for the time between episodes 3 and 4.
    From the sound of it they won't be making games, the division is mostly set up to manage the IP for other licensed titles?

you know, if i do wind up getting this just to try to support the idea of mtx-free, true singleplayer gaming, i hope that it has a bunch of costumes to unlock. like the force unleashed had.

saber crystals, too.

This game could be like Star Wars Force unleashed. It was single player and had a nice story and more you went the stronger you became.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    you know, if i do wind up getting this just to try to support the idea of mtx-free, true singleplayer gaming, i hope that it has a bunch of costumes to unlock. like the force unleashed had.

saber crystals, too.
    See we both thought it has the potential to be a SWFU game.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

saber crystals, too.
    I think there's cosmetics, at least that's the impression i get from looking at the pre order information which states some sort of cosmetic included.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are giving EA shit, not that it isn't deserved, but Battlefront II isn't a bad game. It cost too much if you only wanted to play the SP but the MTs it has are cosmetic. The single SP addition and multiple MP additions have all been free. Respawn has always done well under EA. My only concern is that they only have FPS games under their belt as a studio.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    People are giving EA shit, not that it isn't deserved, but Battlefront II isn't a bad game. It cost too much if you only wanted to play the SP but the MTs it has are cosmetic. The single SP addition and multiple MP additions have all been free. Respawn has always done well under EA. My only concern is that they only have FPS games under their belt as a studio.
    Uhh...

Battlefront 2 MTX where definitely not just cosmetic at launch. https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-wars-b...actions-issues

Not sure what they are now, also don't really care. I'm not gonna buy your product just because you realized your game was an obnoxious money pit and changed it after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, finally watched the trailer and...meh?

Was it just me, or did it look...soft? I dunno, didn't look like high quality UE4 cutscenes etc. like I was expecting. If it's all in-engine and real time then that's much more understandable, but this isn't a gameplay trailer.

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-je...ed-opportunity

Also, PC Gamer wrote an interesting piece regarding the protagonist. Not a general "BUT STRAIGHT WHITE MALE!" complaint, but pointing out that hot damn are there a ton of interesting alien races in the Star Wars universe that would have been interesting to look into more with a game like this. Another young, brooding, good looking white dude with a strong jaw is a big 'ol /yawn from me, even if I'll probably play either way.

Dude reminds me of the protagonist of Force Unleashed, but with a head of hair and slightly less scowly.
    As a white guy myself(I'll leave the good looking part for others to determine), I had the same thought when I saw the trailer. I was like: "Really? They couldn't have gotten an asian, or maybe a twilek or something?" They went with the Luke clone....meh.

It probably won't impact the game all that much, but I think you're right that it was a boring choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Why would I do that? Lol.

They didn't make it...

- - - Updated - - -

I think they're really leaning heavily on the "Become a Jedi" angle. Does this mean we will be locked out of dark side powers or as you said - will he lean both ways?

I think you're right that while he is a Padawan, he's not exactly a young one. He looks in his mid twenties so he had probably almost finished his training when Order 66 happened.

I was more hoping that he would have a more "un-refined" fighting style.
    The problem is that we know canonically that there is no jedi resurgence after Order 66. So if you do try to go full jedi, tje character almost HAS to die at the end.

But then we have to consider the meaning of the title: Fallen Order. That could have multiple meanings. Maybe like "falling to the dark side".

I would be really surprised if this game had a happy ending with warm fuzzy light-side feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    [Insert Doubt (x) image macro here]

My default reaction is a 'whats the catch?' on a level i have never felt with a game publisher before. Theres no way there aint another shoe to drop unless Disney is putting a boot up their ass as the 2010's haven't been the return of Star Wars fever like they wanted and they want any game without bad press to come out.
    pretty much my reaction, i mean it's BAD when they can't even sell star wars toys on CLEARANCE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Story driven, MTX free, Single Player Star Wars RPG, with Sekiro style combat?

Yes. Fucking. Please!
    if so, then yeah cause that's how lightsaber duels would be, you take 2 maybe 3 hits and your dead and that's if you're a meme-tier badass.
    the meat of your defense should be your guard, not your meatbag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Uhh...

Battlefront 2 MTX where definitely not just cosmetic at launch. https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-wars-b...actions-issues

Not sure what they are now, also don't really care. I'm not gonna buy your product just because you realized your game was an obnoxious money pit and changed it after the fact.
    The ability to buy those boxes with real money didn't go live.

The ability to buy those boxes with real money didn't go live.
    Wrong again. They where shut off on Nov 17th which was technically the games official release date however the game had already been playable before that if you had EA access or paid for a more expensive version of the game. https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...rily-disabled/

Seems you fell for the "sorry guys it was just a mistake" line lol. Imagine unironically defending Battlefront 2 MTX which where literally the straw that broke the camels back with loot boxes in the industry lmao.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-04-16 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    I have alot of things unlocked and I had all heroes unlocked aswell without paying an extra dime people just dont have willpower and have to cry foul, Ubisoft have used the same thing in division 2 you can either buy or earn as you play and oh look I alrdy have the black tusk outfit unlocked and I didn't pay a dime extra its called willpower and actually playing the game.
    So once again I say...

Imagine unironically defending Battlefront 2 MTX which where literally the straw that broke the camels back with loot boxes in the industry lmao.

Personally I'm not going to play any game that doesn't respect my time. Feel free to continue to play garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong again. They where shut off on Nov 17th which was technically the games official release date however the game had already been playable before that if you had EA access or paid for a more expensive version of the game. https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...rily-disabled/

Seems you fell for the "sorry guys it was just a mistake" line lol. Imagine unironically defending Battlefront 2 MTX which where literally the straw that broke the camels back with loot boxes in the industry lmao.
    Dude, wtf are you talking about? That was before the game launched, as in it never went live. Look at the dates.

Dude, wtf are you talking about? That was before the game launched, as in it never went live. Look at the dates.
    Like I said once again, you're going off the launch date for the regular $60 version of the game.

The game was playable on EA Access 7 days before that. They where live, how do you think we know they exist?

wtf are you talking about? Do you not understand the game had multiple release dates depending on EA Access and which version you bought? They turned them off on the last release date, after getting tore up by the media. Fucking congrats lmao.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/st.../1100-6454785/

If you had EA Access you could play the game on the 10th. If you bought the deluxe edition you could play it on the 14th. They turned them off on the 17th. Please check your own facts before you keep arguing this non sense. Ready to eat crow yet or are you going to respond again because you refuse to accept you where wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

While im not a fan of MTX people did blow it out of proportion
    Blew it so far out of proportion EA had to cut their losses. LMAO. Found the whale, or EA executive. Not sure which.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-04-16 at 07:51 AM.

I work in medicine, Yeah I have money but I iterate again I don't feel compelled to buy loot boxes because I have willpower and use a little something called common sense when it comes to these things which sadly a lot of the youth of these days seems to lack, and secondly I'm no EA executive I would seriously not like to work in the gaming industry with how vile and putrid the customer base seems to be as of late by that I mean hating and spewing vile before even seeing the product in question.
    Definitely an EA executive then, who else would be blaming the consumer for their own mistakes?

Or.... just a guy that gets a kick out of trying to play contrarian on the internet. And being wrong. Imagine being that dude that thinks it's legitimate game design to have to grind 40 hours to unlock a hero, or just insert your credit card to get the same effect all in a game you already paid full price for.

EA gets shit because they are shit. The only reason the company even still draws breath is they own the #2 franchise in the world and #3 franchise in NA sales wise. Which ironically are both sports games littered with MTX and that sales data doesn't even take into account how many whales are throwing them money in the Ultimate Team modes of both FIFA and Madden. Every other one of their franchise is ironically, disappointing them. Wonder why... probably because you tried to put your sports game garabage design into core gamer games.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-04-16 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said once again, you're going off the launch date for the regular $60 version of the game.

The game was playable on EA Access 7 days before that. They where live, how do you think we know they exist?

wtf are you talking about? Do you not understand the game had multiple release dates depending on EA Access and which version you bought? They turned them off on the last release date, after getting tore up by the media. Fucking congrats lmao.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/st.../1100-6454785/

If you had EA Access you could play the game on the 10th. If you bought the deluxe edition you could play it on the 14th. They turned them off on the 17th. Please check your own facts before you keep arguing this non sense. Ready to eat crow yet or are you going to respond again because you refuse to accept you where wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Blew it so far out of proportion EA had to cut their losses. LMAO. Found the whale, or EA executive. Not sure which.
    Did they or did they not change the system before Nov 17 when the game was launched?

You didn't even read the article did you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    the meat of your defense should be your guard, not your meatbag.
    Indeed. Should belike Spider-Man/Arkham. If you get hit more than a couple of times, you’re toast... so you have to be strategic about combat. Block/dodge/parry where possible, disable adds with force powers etc, when outnumbered. Good stuff!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Hyperbole much, it didnt take anywhere near 40 hours I have 176 hours on ingame and I have ALL heroes and A LOT of cosmetics unlocked and have you stepped back and looked at how toxic the gaming community is lately step out of your bubble and go look its fucking disgracful im not saying all companies are innocent because they can be just as bad but the gaming community is just getting worse.

Yeah, you have those because they stepped it back. At launch time it would take 40 hours for an average player to unlock Darth Vader. There's a reason this comment exists and has 668k down votes https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBat...m98/?context=3

15+ Year Old Account
    Single player, no MTX. Yea right, this is going to have 5 different upgrade versions on launch, day 1 content DLC and a season pass.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Did they or did they not change the system before Nov 17 when the game was launched?

You didn't even read the article did you?
    The game was launched on November 10th.

Did you or did you not read anything I linked to you?

Do you or do you not understand the final release date for the "pleb only $60 version" is not the only release date the game had?

Still not eating that crow huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope I unlocked them before the reduction in coins needed nice try.
    Oh yea, so you unlocked them all before December 4th, when the game was playable on Nov 10th all when the math showed at that time it was 40 hours per hero. Sure thing dude. Keep digging this hole if you wish and people will keep laughing at you for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fool me 16 times, shame on m . . . . .