Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I wasn't actually talking about his face but the character as a whole as in writing wise voice wise character diesgn wise ect. But if that is his face then he must look generic in real life to.
    He's the guy that played the joker on Gotham as well as a young poor gay kid in Shameless. What wouldn't be "generic" for you?

You only see like what 30 seconds of dialog in the preview?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    He's the guy that played the joker on Gotham as well as a young poor gay kid in Shameless. What wouldn't be "generic" for you?

You only see like what 30 seconds of dialog in the preview?
    not a fan of the gotham joker though I've seen little of him.

as to what wouldn't be generic? I found kylo to be rather fresh in starwars. then there's say the swtor twins who while face wise look really bland left way more of an impression from there trailer compared to this guy.

This guy just seems like he could be replaced by any other young jedi like say ezra.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-06-08 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    He does have backstory, not as a movie character though. He pops up in all the Clone Wars and early Empire stuff.
    I'm sure, but like most people I never got into the canon outside of the movies. Much like wow, I found the majority of books to just be so poorly written I couldn't finish them, and the pg nature of the show got on my nerves pretty early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I'm sure, but like most people I never got into the canon outside of the movies. Much like wow, I found the majority of books to just be so poorly written I couldn't finish them, and the pg nature of the show got on my nerves pretty early.
    was clone wars really pg? it had quite alot of torture and murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Kylo did it at the beginning of Force Awakens. He froze a blaster bolt in mid air. This is just an expansion on that. Not really stopping time, just slowing/freezing an object.
    Oh yeah, the one cool thing he did that was never explained nor mentioned ever again. Lets make a game with it as a core mechanic!
    it looks like hes just moving/reacting faster i don't think hes actually slowing time and force speed has been a thing for awhile.
    Watch the trailer again. Multiple times he freezes objects in the environment so he can do some platforming and towards the end he freezes enemies.

not a fan of the gotham joker though I've seen little of him.

as to what wouldn't be generic? I found kylo to be rather fresh in starwars. then there's say the swtor twins who while face wise look really bland left way more of an impression from there trailer compared to this guy.

This guy just seems like he could be replaced by any other young jedi like say ezra.
    Does that mean you liked the Jared Leto Joker? Just because something is different doesn't mean its good.

And of course you aren't going to get personality from a sequence to show off the gameplay. Very rarely do you get personality in these sequences unless its a game that has a quirky protagonist or a game trying to be edgy/have a personality.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Meh parkour should of always been a thing in star wars. So ill give it a pass.
    I guess, kinda. People doing insane jumps indeed is a staple in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    why don't you apply to that position then if it annoys you so?
    Riiiight, not sure what your problem is...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Does that mean you liked the Jared Leto Joker? Just because something is different doesn't mean its good.

And of course you aren't going to get personality from a sequence to show off the gameplay. Very rarely do you get personality in these sequences unless its a game that has a quirky protagonist or a game trying to be edgy/have a personality.
    the joker probably isn't a good example of different not always being good as all the jokers are pretty different form one another and id say only 2 of the 6 or so have been good.

this also isn't the only trailer we have gotten he seems just as generic in the cinematic one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not convinced until I see it. Microtransactions has already been a thing in AAA singleplayer games, and EA is most definitely not above putting that shit in them.

What was done to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided still makes my blood boil...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Watch the trailer again. Multiple times he freezes objects in the environment so he can do some platforming and towards the end he freezes enemies.
    no your right he is totally slowing time. Id actually say its worse then what kylo did as kylo could have just been force holding the bolt but this guy clearly slows down a trooper with a flame thrower and the flames slow.

Game play and PC movement needs to be sped up...seems REALLY sluggish compared to what you'd expect from a Jedi. Just didn't look/ feel natural though it still looks good, I'll definitely be playing it, but I just hope the movement and game play are a lot more fluid than that game play footage made it seem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which means he has a backstory but people don't want to look into it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Which means he has a backstory but people don't want to look into it.
    Which means the movies are the only canon that matters and shouldn't rely on outside sources to build their characters.
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which means the movies are the only canon that matters and shouldn't rely on outside sources to build their characters.
    You know that each TV show is longer than all the movies combined... right? (well at least Clone Wars is)

You don't get to ignore parts of the franchise then whine that you don't get the full story. What you have there is your own little headcanon where only the parts you chose count, you are quite free to do that but don't expect anyone else to listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    You know that each TV show is longer than all the movies combined... right? (well at least Clone Wars is)

You don't get to ignore parts of the franchise then whine that you don't get the full story. What you have there is your own little headcanon where only the parts you chose count, you are quite free to do that but don't expect anyone else to listen to it.
    The vast majority of people who see star wars movies *are not exposed to other sources of canon* . Getting mad about that doesn't change anything. It's great that there is a large extended story - no one is trying to take that from you. The point is that the movies should contain enough explanation to not only tell us who characters are, but make us care about them.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new Jedi kids looks so hellishly generic.
    What exactly does he require to not look generic since he is quite literally based off a real Person.

I can't wait for the day playable jedi are other races than human 445#. You have millions of species but nah need to play a human again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    People already bashing it cause of x y z. People can not read where it said “ALPHA GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE”. And also him able to do that is probably later on in the game we’re you acquire those abilities, not start off with them. Wait till the game is live than make reviews. Enough with the race card as long as it has a good story and is fun I could care less about who the character is. It is not the first time someone cameo’d as themselves for a Star Wars game ex Sam Witwer.
    I think the race card is fine cause you have a universe filled with aliens but we get to play as a generic human and I'm not gonna lie it gets old.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, the time honored jedi power of slowing down time.
    You mean Force Speed? Which has been around since the EU? It's less him slowing time and moreso him moving so fast time seems to slow. Think less Time slowing and moreso Quicksilver from X-men Days of Future past..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Fucking this, in a galaxy full of different alien species and races (especially since the jedi order took on tons of aliens) we yet again get stuck with generic human #5.
    You realise in SW Canon Humans and Near-Humans are the highest Population and as a story POV a Human Jedi would be able to blend in far better in Imperial Society simply due to the fact that Non-Humans on Imperial Worlds stick out like sore thumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if they can grab someone and throw them around with the force, they should be able to put them in a force "stasis", like in swtor. maybe this is just this game's version of that.

though this guy's power seems to be far beyond that of a padawon.

anyway, gameplay looked great to me. i need to buy this, this deserves support.
    Yeah, most Padawans wouldn't be pulling stuff like this. Though some might. I think Ahsoka Tano could probably deal with foes like this. And Kanan Jarrus was a Padawan when Order 66 happened too, but by the time he reached adulthood he was basically Jedi Knight level despite technically not holding the rank. I'm going to give the game some leeway on this. What I'm having a harder time with is the murky ugly graphics and the game being boring. By the time he's outed and walking around with a lightsaber with an inquisitor on his ass, shit should be seriously tense with shit hitting the fan in an epic way. But it looks kind of meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's Force stasis, not time slowing. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Force_Stasis