Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looks like a boring version of the force unleashed. Unless it gets way better when it comes out i think i'll pass.

eh, honestly that looks kind of boring gameplay wise and i dont have the brand loyalty to just scream 'BUT ITS STAR WARS!!!' and get sold on knowing what film its referencing to cover that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It's marketing material, it's supposedly best they have to offer to awe the people. If this is the best they have to offer to market their game, ehhhh.
    ITS ALPHA. Of course they’re going give you a snippet of it and graphics won’t be the same release. Like the saying goes don't judge a book by its cover.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    ITS ALPHA.
    The game comes out in just a few months, This isn't Alpha. Games don't change that drastically in such a short time.

It being "Alpha" was just marketing bullshit from a AAA company like usual and people like you fall for it each and every time.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We’re still 5 months from release. Games change quite a bit in the last 5 months.
    We are 5 months from release, 3-4 of those months will be bug fix's and stat tweaks and the remaining 1-2 months will be shipping the game out.

Nothing Drastic happens in the last 5 months of a games release.

Like seriously how many times do people like you have to be burned by company's before you learn this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    We’re still 5 months from release. Games change quite a bit in the last 5 months.
    If that was alfa -- this would be a 2017 (year) build of the game. Its just false advertising from Ea. It looks more like beta.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    ITS ALPHA. Of course they’re going give you a snippet of it and graphics won’t be the same release. Like the saying goes don't judge a book by its cover.
    Hey look there are still people who learnt fucking nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Ah yes, the time honored jedi power of slowing down time.
    Force stun and force stasis are definitely not new things
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

This looks like the most generic star wars game ever made. Im sure it will be a playable 5 hour long story.

All I really have to see is EA and know to be extremely sceptical. Will have to wait a good month after release, likely more, then finally find out how the game actually is from non shill media (will say its good no matter what) / agenda Andy media (will hate it because it has a white male as the lead). At that point I can hear some real info and decide to pick it up or not.

It can be a vertical slice from the moon for all I care, if this is the sort of gameplay they are proud to present few months before the release to wow us into buying the game it does not bode well to the things they are not showing us.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it looks super generic, like a Tomb Rider or Uncharted in SW world.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Because you continually refuse to actually listen to what many people are saying, just read this:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Force_Stasis

It's Force Stasis. There are multiple examples of it being used form the comics, cartoon series, and movies.
    What exactly am I refusing here?

And where did I do it continually? And you do realize the person I was responding to was talking about force speed, right?
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2019-06-09 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Hey look there are still people who learnt fucking nothing.
    Your arrogance just blinds you. You have no idea what the finalization of the game will be like. So do not be to quick to judge and make yourself a fool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It can be a vertical slice from the moon for all I care, if this is the sort of gameplay they are proud to present few months before the release to wow us into buying the game it does not bode well to the things they are not showing us.
    Alright than do not play it. Simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The game comes out in just a few months, This isn't Alpha. Games don't change that drastically in such a short time.

It being "Alpha" was just marketing bullshit from a AAA company like usual and people like you fall for it each and every time.
    Know what the term alpha means for games by any chance. Play it when it’s fully released not by some snippet of gameplay. Be your own reviewer not some drone who follows others. Game comes out in 6months plenty of time to polish, adjust and create better gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Ah yes, the time honored jedi power of slowing down time.

Wait...

I could understand if it were just bullet time or some shit to represent heightened jedi senses but the PC is freezing/slowing enemies and environmental objects. What the hell?
    You never watched TFA? Kylo does that in an earlier scene against Poe.

Content can change, but an engine is pretty much set in stone when they start building things on it.
    RETH

Ech, missing a real sword fights like in Jedi academy...

Games like Anthem and Fallout 76 have tought me to never trust footage before a game is launched.

Not that it looks very special to begin with but still.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-06-09 at 03:49 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Nope. If I had to tie it to something it is most similar to it would be Force Unleashed games. Where it is pretty much linear single player progression. I am sure it has some sort of skill up / power up systems. But honestly it will be mission, cut scene, mission, cut scene, game ends sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The game isn't being billed as an RPG by EA. If there's any skill points or perk system, expect it to be fairly basic.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    There was a couple pop ups about skill points but not much more. This very much looks like the typical 3rd person action game likely complete with a limited skill tree that you will eventually unlock everything by the end of the game anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I think its mostly a linear storytelling game with lots of focus on action/fighting.

I was hoping for some kind of KOTOR game too, but I doubt this is it.
    Thanks guys. Unfortunate (for me at least), but I never got my hopes up thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Fucking this, in a galaxy full of different alien species and races (especially since the jedi order took on tons of aliens) we yet again get stuck with generic human #5.
    I want to know who those test group people were who said that was the best idea for the protagonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I want to know who those test group people were who said that was the best idea for the protagonist.
    It's really fucking mindblowing how people only want humans as the protagonists in a spacefaring IP with tons of races that can be easily placed into the story if not adding more by showing their culture in a new light. Missed opportunities all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.