Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    it will help my brothers/sister to enjoy the game more
    i accept your barging
    It will just help you

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Can't wait to see Lor'themar's character made relevant for the first time, only to be overshadowed by Nathacringe and destroyed for good. It is his turn to *shine* after all.
    Lor'themar had a pretty big role during Mists of Pandaria. His most notable part was on the Isle of Thunder, leading the Sunreavers in the assault on the Throne of Thunder... opposing Jaina and the Kirin Tor. It's probably meant to be a bit of a call back to those events. Shame Nathanos has to be shoved into the story, though.

I kind of fail to see what's the big deal of Tyrande and Malfurion missing this, specially when they have to fight a war to take Darkshore. And no, this is different from Nathanos because 1)the dude is written so he is everywhere, so he can't help it; and 2) Nathanos is simply an OP archer, not the one and only cause why Darkshore is a battlefront instead of a slime blighted pile of dead elves.

Even if they're not... what exactly would Malf and Tyrande add to that plot that is actually interesting? They just show up to kill a bunch of naga and state how they hate Azshara's guts? Jaina at least would find out the beloved Mother of the Tides is actually Azshara, and that could have an impact in Kul Tirans. I can't see what the night Elves would do there besides being the same boring stuff as always without evolving a little bit.

At least Theron has Nathanos at his side so both can mess with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    but it is azshara the greatest enemy of tyrande and malfurion!
    I'd say we dealt with Malfurion's greatest enemy already, in Xavius. As for Tyrande, I'm not even sure who would qualify as her greatest enemy. Prior to Cata I would've said Fandral, but he's dealt with too.

I'm hoping Shandris and her sentinels make an appearance in Nazjatar. She likely hates Azshara as much as Tyrande and Malfy do, and she's actively involved in the war campaign too. I'm sure there will be at least some night elf presence in Nazjatar, the naga are (besides the legion ofc) their worst enemy after all.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    I kind of fail to see what's the big deal of Tyrande and Malfurion missing this
    A tiny thing called the War of the Ancients, where Azshara caused the Sundering and the Long Vigil?

specially when they have to fight a war to take Darkshore.
    It's a single warfront, and they're not even present for it beyond the pretty cinematic and quest line.

Even if they're not... what exactly would Malf and Tyrande add to that plot that is actually interesting? They just show up to kill a bunch of naga and state how they hate Azshara's guts? Jaina at least would find out the beloved Mother of the Tides is actually Azshara, and that could have an impact in Kul Tirans. I can't see what the night Elves would do there besides being the same boring stuff as always without evolving a little bit.
    So, because the writers don't write for NElves, they shouldn't try to do so. What? Off the top of my head, showing Azshara just what her ego has led to: a shattered world, her people warped beyond recognition, serving a creature whose ultimate goal is to eat everything, possibly getting her to wake up and rebel, there's all kinds of directions it could go. Instead, we'll get Jaina being pissed off again.

This whole thread is just great. Countless posts sneering about "human potential!" yet all in favor of friggin Jaina leading the charge against an ancient NElf enemy. Oh Lore forum, you so crazy.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2019-04-15 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I guess Legion that primarily featured elves, WoD that primarily featured orcs and draenei, MoP that primarily featured Pandaren were all human bias to? Get a grip dude
    why the hell would a human be involved with the downfall azshara when she was the former night elf queen? It should be Tyrande not jaina but since Golden is in charge of alliance lore she will be pushing her pet characters. this is human bias.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    A tiny thing called the War of the Ancients, where Azshara caused the Sundering and the Long Vigil?

It's a single warfront, and they're not even present for it beyond the pretty cinematic and quest line.

So, because the writers don't write for NElves, they shouldn't try to do so. What? Off the top of my head, showing Azshara just what her ego has led to: a shattered world, her people warped beyond recognition, serving a creature whose ultimate goal is to eat everything, possibly getting her to wake up and rebel, there's all kinds of directions it could go. Instead, we'll get Jaina being pissed off again.

This whole thread is just great. Countless posts sneering about "human potential!" yet all in favor of friggin Jaina leading the charge against an ancient NElf enemy. Oh Lore forum, you so crazy.
    Things that happen when you don't go for naga in the first place but for the Horde.
    Well, thinking twice about it, I could see one thing Malf could do there to spice it up (because that's the deal, I want the whole campaign thrilling, wich right now I feel like it requires extreme measures like rebuking the entire religious system of a race showing them they've been worshipping a freak), that is trying to do that one fight against Azshara he never did in Darkshore.
    But mind you, them trying to tell Azshara what she has become is either pointless or, in case she somehow gets the message, goes against Azshara as character.
    If she ever turns on N'Zoth or shows misbelief in it, it has to come from herself, because she is as egocentric as you can get. Her only valuable reason to reject the Old Gods is feeling they broke their deal or lied about it, not from some sort of remorse thing.

Also, lets not think of Jaina for a second. Imagine how the average ferryman Joe, or Tidesage Phil, or whoever, would react. I mean, it could be washed out like anything the Alliance does, but that applies to anything Night Elves do as well, so we're at start again.

Then again, I'm gonna say this is one of those ocasions I have the feeling they could possibly not fuck up, choose one first main character or other. I feel a lot more interested in this than I was about the whole war campaign and Dazar Alor thing.

There are so many criminally unused Alliance characters, yet Blizzard writers care only about Jaina or Anduin. Oh well, at least Horde characters are more active in BfA plot.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    There are so many criminally unused Alliance characters, yet Blizzard writers care only about Jaina or Anduin. Oh well, at least Horde characters are more active in BfA plot.
    Alliance was always about humans. Even wota retconned wc3 lore to force more humans at the expense of Night elves.
    You guys still don't get it. In current lore people like Jaina are 100x more OP than Tyrande.

5+ Year Old Account
    I have the feeling that we will get at least two more cinematics with Jaina, and maybe one (if we're lucky) with Lor'themar and/or Nathanos.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Azshara has shat up Kul Tiras through both Ashvane and the Old God cultists, killing tons of innocent people, so it's no surprise that Tyrande isn't leading the charge because she's also an elf and Azshara sent naga and murlocs into Darkshore.

velen and illidan should be the important figures in the defeat of the legion and they were! it's about the lore of the characters related to specific plots! the history of velen and illidan was about defeating the legion and they were present in it!
    Malfurion and Tyrande were the most important figures in the fight against Azshara !! they have to be present in this battle is their background story!
    the blood elves have to be present because zinazshari is the city of their ancestors they are descendants of the highborne who rebelled against azshara.
    Velen and Illidan lead many people against the Burning Legion, which is why they were at the Seat of the Pantheon. Tyrande and Malfurion are busy fighting over a shore that overlooks their cooked-out town of Teldrassil where nothing's left alive, thinning out the Alliance's forces on much more important fronts.

In other words, Velen and Illidan were a boon in Legion and Tyrande and Malfurion are a burden for their faction in BfA. Azshara's meddling in Kul Tiras and Sylvanas' ties to whatever's going on is much more acute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thematically, it would make sense for Malfurion and Tyrande to lead the charge against Azshara. Storywise, it makes more sense that the Lord Admiral of Kul Tiras should be hunting down the Horde fleet leading to Nazjatar and Azshara, who was already deeply involved in Kul Tiras. However, I wouldn't be surprised if some Night Elves did show up, like Shandris or even Malfurion. Alleria and the Void Elves should be there too. Although she may be kept for the final push against N'Zoth.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Illidan vs Azshara is bigger than Malfurion/Tyrande vs Azshara though. However, since Illidan has an even bigger fish to fry, it doesn't matter.

5+ Year Old Account
    if i don't see nelfs vs azshara is fine as long as azshara survives.

it makes sense that jaina is there because she is the freacking lord admiral of kultiras, the nation that azshara has been attacking for years corrupting the tidesages/stormsong/ashvane, trying to steal the fleen AND destroyed the fleet.

if azhara survives then we can have her versus tyrande.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I guess Legion that primarily featured elves, WoD that primarily featured orcs and draenei, MoP that primarily featured Pandaren were all human bias to? Get a grip dude
    Yeah sure is that why Khadgar and his ilk were around every corner in these xpacks? Involved in almost everything. Humans are the most represented race in the franchise and it gets tiresome to say the least.

Tyrande is not in Nazjatar, at least we have Shandris. I like that lorthemar and thalyssra are together at least on the side of the horde that made sense to me.

Tyrande is not in Nazjatar, at least we have Shandris. I like that lorthemar and thalyssra are together at least on the side of the horde that made sense to me.
    Isn't Tyrande in one of those dialogues that Simca posted? She and Thalyssra have a quabble then turn against Azshara together, at least that's what I got from it. She is mentioned by name, even though she's not directly adressed by name in that.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Isn't Tyrande in one of those dialogues that Simca posted? She and Thalyssra have a quabble then turn against Azshara together, at least that's what I got from it. She is mentioned by name, even though she's not directly adressed by name in that.
    That is bickering between Thalyssra and Shandris it seems, Shandris accusing Thalyssra of trying to steal the Tide stone for the warchief and Thalyssra countering yeah I should give it the one that performed a forbidden ritual.