Thread: So mythic+

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulspruta View Post
    Sometimes the group I run with, needs a pug dps. So we usually set it up to where you have to whisper group lead an amazing Pokemon. Does not matter what score you have. But I can see how much it would suck not to get an invite.
    Btw, your group is super static AF - you could grab a person with ACTUAL down syndrome and still make timers - your core group is top level

For the rest of us scrubknights running 10s - you likely need static if you want the all 15's in time feat (I only go for the 10s in time)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Btw, your group is super static AF - you could grab a person with ACTUAL down syndrome and still make timers - your core group is top level

For the rest of us scrubknights running 10s - you likely need static if you want the all 15's in time feat (I only go for the 10s in time)
    I mean, I get your point.

But lately most of the keys we do become scrub nights' , like prot pala with healing traits, +5enchants on gear, or getting stuck on some dumb stairs while shroud is on and ticks off in the middle of a shit ton of mobs!.

I think the difference for me is, we run to have a good giggle. It could of course be nice to push a key higher than what you currently have on that dungeon. Just really not the main priority and reason why we don't mind bringing others in.
    Armory - R.IO - If you give a Bear a Bratwurst, He´s gonna want some brains!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulspruta View Post
    I mean, I get your point.

But lately most of the keys we do become scrub nights' , like prot pala with healing traits, +5enchants on gear, or getting stuck on some dumb stairs while shroud is on and ticks off in the middle of a shit ton of mobs!.

I think the difference for me is, we run to have a good giggle. It could of course be nice to push a key higher than what you currently have on that dungeon. Just really not the main priority and reason why we don't mind bringing others in.
    Well all of us Pug's really appreciate it haha - it's nice to have a solid group every now and then

Respect

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What in the world is this io i keep seeing mentioned? Yes, I haven't played basically since the 1st month of Bfa
    Gearscore 2.0... and as we all know that worked out flawlessly....oh....wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Not to nit pic or seem like a dic but: Gearscore is how high iLVL someone has.. that's STILL in the game lol - Raider.io shows people how high of m+ people have run - which means, you need to run EACH dungeon at least once, and you need to likely 2 chest each of the dungeons (ALL) to get raider.io of 1000

Gearscore = iLVL/I can run people through heroic BoD and give them tons of gear in a single run Gearscore means NOTHING in M+ vs someone who has a high score in R.iO , Raider.io = HAS this person actually performed at a higher level

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

Even all +19 or +20 in time are puggable. M+ becomes a static group content around +21 or +22 right now.
    But if you trying to pug on a non-meta class, you will likely get stuck after doing all +17 or +18 in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Gearscore is literally in the game, r.io likely will be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Being carried in a single dungeon on an easy affix week means shit about personnal skill, yes...

People with ~1200 score expecting to complete a +15, especially this week, with a same level PUG are dellusional, period. OP experience clearly prove the point.
    You've clearly missed the point or can't read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diliamlol View Post
    If i see that you have run multiple TD's above the +10 and have only done +2 or +3's in the other dungeons I am going to ask you for 150k gold to run with us in a +10 TD because you most likely bought a boost. Some people just buy boosts in a single dungeon to get a certain item.
    Yeah that makes sense I'm sure to pay for a 10 boost when I've done a 20 in time, great logic.

Off topic but can we please just delete Bursting from the game? Such an unfun affix. What's that? You play a priest? Well, fuck you this week!

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Oh look the "I hAvE A jOb" Jocker .... im 9/9M and i have 2,2k io guess what i have a job too, and no i dont tell you to get 2,8k (I seriously doubt that you get over 2k Judging by your comments here ) i tell you to get near the score you want to play, for +15 a min. score of 1,4k and so on.
    Not everyone who has a job has the same life experience FYI. Someone working check-out at the neighborhood grocery store is going to have a fundamentally different set of restrictions than someone who is a principal engineer at a global technology company. And guess what, both types of people play WoW.

No idea what the realities are for the person you're responding to, but your 9/9M and 2.k IO would be impossible for me unless I was just getting carried. My job does not give me that much free time unless I gave up my health and all other forms of social interaction and even this it still wouldn't be likely. I would never be able to give groups of other humans the dedicated predictable time they would deserve, whether for raids or pushing keys.

Not complaining, I do the kind of work I want to do, just pointing out how the "I have a job too" thing is meaningless.

I'm a single timed run away from 1300 io. So today I've been trying to raise my highest time dungeon and decided to start with Kings Rest. First 2 runs/groups split up mid way through. We still could have made the time in the second group but the tank left after pulling the third boss and mobs before it and then leaving group. He was pissed that someone didn't do exactly what he said when it was a weird/unnecessary call. The third run we finished but not in time. So I try an Atal'Dazar and that splits up mid way through. The tank was shit talking someone. Tried AD again and we finish but not in time. Half a minute over. Then Motherlode and we finish but not in time. Still no rating. No gear upgrades either but was mainly just there for the rating. See how fun it can be to grind rating? Hey Blizzard, this week's affix really sucks for healers. At least for holy priests.

Edit: Just did a TOS but again didn't finish in time. A minute over. I think I'm just going to take a break from the game until next week.

Edit: Just did a KR and 3 minutes over time. Tank released when I was brezzing him and we had to wait for him to run back. Rogue and Hunter died to standing in raptor strikes and released and we had to wait for them to run back. Use all my brez on dps dying to axes on 3rd boss.

Edit: So I just timed a ML 12. Previously had a 10 timed. I updated raider io and waited/refreshed... and it only gave me 1 point. I had done a 14 ML before but it wasn't timed. Reading up, I guess that explains only getting 1 point. I also read that depending on a servers pop and when you time a key, you may not get score anyways - if you don't do it towards the beginning of the week.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2019-04-21 at 01:33 AM. Reason: so discouraging

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    I'm a single timed run away from 1300 io. So today I've been trying to raise my highest time dungeon and decided to start with Kings Rest. First 2 runs/groups split up mid way through. We still could have made the time in the second group but the tank left after pulling the third boss and mobs before it and then leaving group. He was pissed that someone didn't do exactly what he said when it was a weird/unnecessary call. The third run we finished but not in time. So I try an Atal'Dazar and that splits up mid way through. The tank was shit talking someone. Tried AD again and we finish but not in time. Half a minute over. Then Motherlode and we finish but not in time. Still no rating. No gear upgrades either but was mainly just there for the rating. See how fun it can be to grind rating? Hey Blizzard, this week's affix really sucks for healers. At least for holy priests.

Edit: Just did a TOS but again didn't finish in time. A minute over. I think I'm just going to take a break from the game until next week.
    I am sorry to hear about your experience. That seems very frustrating and miserable. I've experienced this but never this much in one day.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

I wish there was a way to permanently mark rage quitters with a scarlet R or something.

- P

I'm sorry but those are the perils of a solo player... find a guild, make friends IG. Then you can easily push your keys and score and still pug whenever you want to farm those 10-12 for gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    The entire scoring system provides irrelevant and misleading data to judge pugging.
    As you correctly pointed out, having a 20 in a single dungeon demonstrates considerably more mastery than a 10 in every dungeon, yet the scoring disagrees - because its poorly made with the wrong information being taken into account.

They need to consider WAY more data to make the score, or stop making it. Its being used in a destructive way in pugging and working in a counter productive way to what Blizzard has set up for the keystone system.

Step 1 is score for affixes, not just levels. There is absolutely no reason what so ever there can't be a weekly score as well, other than they are lazy.
    After that, they need to find a way to weight for repeat clears.
    This isn't raiding. Progression clears are nice, but to truly master a dungeon you need to run it many many times, with many different comps, and many different affix sets.

Next time you pug a 15 or higher, look at the applicants.
    I ran a little experiment on stream and saw MULTIPLE applicants for my 17 shrine who had less than 4 total shrines above a 15 ever completed.
    Same could be said for many dungeons.

This is because the scoring system gives no incentive to actually finish the dungeon, despite Blizzard obviously giving plenty.
    So, it reinforces extremely bad habits, where people just keep joining keys hoping for a perfect run and if they don't get it they leave and join another.

This shouldn't even be ALLOWED, let alone supported by a third party system.

In the end, all you have is 2k score people who have 5 total clears of many dungeons and probably hundreds of departures within 5 minutes of starting.

I wish there was a score for that, because I would avoid those people like the plague.
    Honestly this would be resolved if they only add negative scores for ppl leaving.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post

Edit: Just did a KR and 3 minutes over time. Tank released when I was brezzing him and we had to wait for him to run back. Rogue and Hunter died to standing in raptor strikes and released and we had to wait for them to run back. Use all my brez on dps dying to axes on 3rd boss.
    This is a really really bad week to try to push

Hmmm, this thread seems familiar. Like that annoying neighbor that pops up every day.

There's a player pool of thousands of players running mythics, why on earth would anyone pick a worse option in regards to experience, item level or raider io? You aren't a special snowflake.

Entire m+ scoring system would make sense if it (somehow) awarded players with the score based on their individual performance, rather than giving every single member of a group the same score no matter what.
    Now it's completely irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    Entire m+ scoring system would make sense if it (somehow) awarded players with the score based on their individual performance, rather than giving every single member of a group the same score no matter what.
    Now it's completely irrelevant
    I doubt thats possible in any meaningful way.

Dude pops CD's on reaping that will die anyway to inflate his numbers, boss takes 1 min longer... Did he score well now or badly?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I doubt thats possible in any meaningful way.

Dude pops CD's on reaping that will die anyway to inflate his numbers, boss takes 1 min longer... Did he score well now or badly?
    Yea i agree, i know it's close to impossible to write an algorthm with every possible variable, just a hypothetical idea