Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord Vynestra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Heartbreak City
    Posts
    4,759
    I am absolutely shocked there is a new xpac.

    Super hyped - Will def play and lvl to 75.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't like wookiees, wampas, or ewoks.

    now trandosha would be cool, they're cool dudes.
    What's wrong with wookiees?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    What's wrong with wookiees?
    eh, just a gimmick race.

    between wookiee noises and t-rex noises from jurassic park, my whole first half of second grade sounded like a deaf person porno.
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

    steve danuser - waifu cringelord

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    3,354
    fantastic news for the hundreds of swtor players
    The greatest ever thread on MMO-Champion

    I work a lot, fuck my life.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    fantastic news for the hundreds of swtor players
    well, it's currently the only half-way decent star wars content we have to cling to. even kotfe was better than anything star wars has had for years.

    also, that thread in your sig... it's sad to look through old ones like that, and see people that haven't been active for many years.
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

    steve danuser - waifu cringelord

  6. #26
    Wait...is the expansion sub-only? As in you can only access the content with an active subscription? Because this sure as shit makes it seem like it is -



    If that's the case, fuck all this noise. BW just need to make the game P2P again, which it already functionally was with the Command system.

    I mean I get it, they need revenue, but this "expansion" is only an expansion when compared to other SWTOR updates. It's freakin tiny as hell compared to numbered updates from other major MMO's (WoW's makes this look tiny, ESO updates are about on-par if not a bit smaller, FFXIV updates are roughly the same size etc.).

    Don't get me wrong, I'm down to come back, but if they're going to keep pushing this "If you're not subscribing, then kindly fuck off because why are you still wasting our space?" mentality then I may not even keep the bloody game installed. Was really hoping that this expansion would be exciting and make me want to return in a big way, and right now it's doing the exact opposite.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...is the expansion sub-only? As in you can only access the content with an active subscription? Because this sure as shit makes it seem like it is -



    If that's the case, fuck all this noise. BW just need to make the game P2P again, which it already functionally was with the Command system.

    I mean I get it, they need revenue, but this "expansion" is only an expansion when compared to other SWTOR updates. It's freakin tiny as hell compared to numbered updates from other major MMO's (WoW's makes this look tiny, ESO updates are about on-par if not a bit smaller, FFXIV updates are roughly the same size etc.).

    Don't get me wrong, I'm down to come back, but if they're going to keep pushing this "If you're not subscribing, then kindly fuck off because why are you still wasting our space?" mentality then I may not even keep the bloody game installed. Was really hoping that this expansion would be exciting and make me want to return in a big way, and right now it's doing the exact opposite.
    I understood it as the same as KotFE and KotET where you never bought the content, you just paid a sub and had access to it.

    If it's like you understood it and is only is ever accessible to subscribers I'm with you all the way.

  8. #28
    It's probably the same as the last couple of expansions, if you're subscribed at launch or after, you unlock it forever. So if you're not subbed, it's effectively $15 to purchase the expansion. But there's no extra cost for regular subscribers.

    Charging non-subscribers $15 for the expac seems perfectly reasonable to me.

  9. #29
    Elemental Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    8,434
    I hope you don't actually have to stay subscribed to access the content later. Although if that's the case, then I'm with Edge- where they just need to make the game like ESO where you buy the expansion and you're good.

  10. #30
    Legendary! Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    6,679
    Onderon is cool and Dxun too, Nautolans are a good edition as well. I'm just glad they're moving away from the weird setting of the last 2 expansions
    Last edited by Zelk; 2019-04-15 at 06:00 PM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    My worry in the gear area and all the talk. I've not really cared for the story in so long that as this point I still don't don't really care for whatever they do. Gearing I plan to keep an eye on and will it be worse than galactic command?

    IT took them around two years (and maybe a little more) to get gearing with galactic command to a place that didn't make you want to throw up a little. The RNG and how galactic command was first done really put a hurt on swtor. I don't think bioware can really afford to screw up gearing again to that magnitude so it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
    I totally get you, as this is an MMO and how you can gear/progress your character is a big part of it. We'll see I guess.

    Regarding what Edge mentioned on access of content, I hope it is like before as that way I will definitely drop them a month's worth of sub for it. If it's like the way Edge understood it, then there is no chance of doing so. And again, my favourite choice would be to fully adopt the ESO model, I am willing to bet the population will increase substantially.

  12. #32
    Bloodsail Admiral Fayenoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Land of Far Beyond
    Posts
    1,190
    Nice. As a Star Wars fan and a Bioware fan, I really, really want this game to succeed. Kinda sad that they can never make a new class because they shot themselves in the foot my making the class stories of the original classes that much detailed. They will never get corporate approval for the funds needed to create another class with that much story and VO as the originals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...is the expansion sub-only? As in you can only access the content with an active subscription? Because this sure as shit makes it seem like it is -

    [IMG]https://massivelyop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/WP_20190413_20_23_34_Rich.jpg[IMG]

    If that's the case, fuck all this noise. BW just need to make the game P2P again, which it already functionally was with the Command system.

    I mean I get it, they need revenue, but this "expansion" is only an expansion when compared to other SWTOR updates. It's freakin tiny as hell compared to numbered updates from other major MMO's (WoW's makes this look tiny, ESO updates are about on-par if not a bit smaller, FFXIV updates are roughly the same size etc.).

    Don't get me wrong, I'm down to come back, but if they're going to keep pushing this "If you're not subscribing, then kindly fuck off because why are you still wasting our space?" mentality then I may not even keep the bloody game installed. Was really hoping that this expansion would be exciting and make me want to return in a big way, and right now it's doing the exact opposite.
    i wish swtor could return to being a sub-only game.

    i wish that all the mtx could be removed and it go back to a true sub based mmo.

    sadly, the whales are the only thing keeping it alive i'm afraid. so your worry is needless, it will 100% work just like the last few expansions.
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

    steve danuser - waifu cringelord

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, it's currently the only half-way decent star wars content we have to cling to. even kotfe was better than anything star wars has had for years.

    also, that thread in your sig... it's sad to look through old ones like that, and see people that haven't been active for many years.
    Yes like no one from that thread is active anymore, and those were the days we still had quality trolling.

    Gives you that same feeling when your friend never logs in again on a game you played together but just sits offline on your friends list forever
    The greatest ever thread on MMO-Champion

    I work a lot, fuck my life.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonballgtz View Post
    I got good and bad news for ya. Yeah they're introducing Dantooine but it's gonna be an in-game event, so only available about once every month.
    Oh, I know its a new event areas like Gree or the bounty hunter event and also not part of the expansion. It's just an update to kill time grinding but I hopes it's at least soemthing worth doing. I just hope it's better designed that Ossus was. The grind wasn't worth touching at all. I didn't mind Gree and I found the bounty Hunter event to be pretty good till they changed it to a contract buy system. I didn't care for that. the rakghoul event isn't all that bad either so I hope they do something similar to those and not Ossus and now that I think about it. Especially not Iokath.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...is the expansion sub-only? As in you can only access the content with an active subscription? Because this sure as shit makes it seem like it is -
    SNIP....
    I think it's a sub once and you have it forever even if you drop back to F2P or preferred. It will require that one month sub though.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-04-15 at 08:01 PM.
    Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

  16. #36
    Scarab Lord TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    KFC and Watermelon
    Posts
    4,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Great to see that the game isn't in maintenance only mode. I don't really keep up on bioware though
    As far as I know, from the people on the server I used to play on, people spend A LOT of money on micro transactions. If it wasn't for that store, I'm pretty sure it would've been Wildstar'd by now.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I understood it as the same as KotFE and KotET where you never bought the content, you just paid a sub and had access to it.

    If it's like you understood it and is only is ever accessible to subscribers I'm with you all the way.
    It's the "Active subscribers" bit that has me raising my eyebrows. If it's KotFE/ET style, I'm pretty alright with that. Assuming that as it is now that all gear progression will largely be locked behind the garbage subscriber-only Command system, but if I can at least experience the story and explore some planets that's alright by me.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's the "Active subscribers" bit that has me raising my eyebrows. If it's KotFE/ET style, I'm pretty alright with that. Assuming that as it is now that all gear progression will largely be locked behind the garbage subscriber-only Command system, but if I can at least experience the story and explore some planets that's alright by me.
    I didn't read the fine print at the bottom until you mentioned it.

    Onslaught free to all subscribers September 2019!*
    *Content availability limited to active subscribers. Subscription fees apply. See http://www.swtor.com/but for more information. (which just leads you to the subscription sign up page).

    Assuming they didn't mistype that or aren't stupid enough to write something like that without thinking about it first (meaning, I think that it's deliberately written that way, not a mistake), that literally means it's limited to ACTIVE subscribers, like Command XP. I'll wait until they get more into it, but if that's true, that's fucked up. I don't play this game without a sub anyway, so it honestly doesn't really affect me, but for a F2P game to have subscription only CONTENT, is fucking stupid.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Assuming they didn't mistype that or aren't stupid enough to write something like that without thinking about it first (meaning, I think that it's deliberately written that way, not a mistake), that literally means it's limited to ACTIVE subscribers, like Command XP. I'll wait until they get more into it, but if that's true, that's fucked up. I don't play this game without a sub anyway, so it honestly doesn't really affect me, but for a F2P game to have subscription only CONTENT, is fucking stupid.
    This is my big concern, that they're further fracturing an already fractured playerbase.

    The game can't really afford to do that, populations are already low (roughly one server per-region) and they need to be designing content in a way that ensures their dwindling playerbase remains together. And by the look of it, they're doing the literal opposite, not just denying gear progression (Command system) to non-subscribers but potentially also denying access to all current content. That's messed up, and I can't see it really doing wonders for their subscriber numbers or financials.

  20. #40
    I mean... I wouldn't be surprised if they restricted continued access to expac to active subscribers only. after all, nearly all of the current end game activities in KOTET are subscription only, so....

    I'll probably still subscribe for a month if only to check out new content, but after that... only time will tell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •