Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I mean... I wouldn't be surprised if they restricted continued access to expac to active subscribers only. after all, nearly all of the current end game activities in KOTET are subscription only, so....

I'll probably still subscribe for a month if only to check out new content, but after that... only time will tell.
    I'll double check, but I think the only thing literally locked behind a subscription is Command XP. Players are able to do Flashpoints and even Operations, they just can't get loot from them (FP after they do so many and none at all from Ops).

So the activities are all still there, it's just the loot that's locked, really. Still a shitty system, though.

I wouldn't necessarily be surprised either at this point, just more disappointed. I just don't understand how you can make the decision to lock actual content behind a subscription when you're a free to play game. LotRO does this too, and it's awful, it's what made me stop playing it.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'll double check, but I think the only thing literally locked behind a subscription is Command XP. Players are able to do Flashpoints and even Operations, they just can't get loot from them (FP after they do so many and none at all from Ops).

So the activities are all still there, it's just the loot that's locked, really. Still a shitty system, though.

I wouldn't necessarily be surprised either at this point, just more disappointed. I just don't understand how you can make the decision to lock actual content behind a subscription when you're a free to play game. LotRO does this too, and it's awful, it's what made me stop playing it.
    as far as i know - no ops, and no what's they are called - things that are flashpoints but not really and they have minimal to no story? forgot their name. and I'm fairly certain there was something else. UPRISINGS, that's what they are called, and apparently you can still do them with a premade, but last i played actively enough to try, it was near impossible to find a random group for those, let alone a premade. but at least I was wrong about them being completely inaccessible.

this is from 2017, but as far as i know - this hasn't changed much https://swtorista.com/articles/swtor...scriber-guide/

and yeah, its a pretty shit system, IMO. like.... i refuse to play ESO without subscription on my main account becasue I'm big time into crafting and storage becomes a problem without subscription - if you craft (well that and decorating limits for housing). however, i can STILL do just fine without. in swtor, restrictions are much more severe, to the point where even with all the possible permanent unlocks (which I have - got them back when they were still cheap during shadow of revan and while the game wasn't quite as dreary as it is now, the writing was kinda on the wall already), the only thing you can feasibly do is solo story.

at least they seemed to have removed a particularly punitive restriction of not even being able to get or open the boxes from daily missions....

but anyways, yeah - funnily enough I stopped playing lotro for much the same reason as you :P

I guess we shall see what happens with this new expac. I'm.... mostly reserving final judgement until its out.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-04-16 at 04:02 PM.