Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, catching up on KotET right now. Man some of these animations are janky as all hell and it's delightful.

Either my gear is garbage, I don't know how to play or both...probably both, but the "veteran" mode for story content actually freakin hurts. Had to drop it down to "story" mode, and I'm also realizing I'm not a big fan of how my sage plays and I kinda wish I had a more melee focused force user caught up to this point.

Oh well, being a dick for no apparent reason leads to amusing dialogue options. I'll do my "nice" run on my sniper after I get through everything on my sage.
    Leveling as a subscriber is so ridiculously fast, you can focus only on class story missions and a couple Heroics here and there to get high enough to start the expansions, usually by the time you finish Hoth or start on Belsavis you're at or close to 50. Specifically Shadow of Revan. Once you're there the number of Flashpoints you have to do for the Intro part level you up really quickly, and give you really decent gear, you'll be up to the point where you can start the KotFE and KotET within a couple days.

The caster type classes are just not fun to play IMO, Sage/Sorcerer and Gunslinger/Sniper, whereas Mercenaries and Commandos are actually really fun because they're more involved, they play like a ranged melee rather than a caster. But they don't have light sabers so they're second place for me, lol. Sith Juggernaut and Jedi Guardians are my favorite though, and I sub any time new content comes out JUST to have an excuse to play them because combat is just that fun to me. There's a skill point in the second tier that resets the cooldown of Saber Throw and Force Leap whenever combat ends, so you are practically always leaping around smashing and stabbing faces with your lightsaber as a result. That said, the token you can buy for like $15 worth of coins that levels you up to 70 is totally worth it because it also gives you level 70 gear so you can level through the content without having to worry about gear AND because you're alrady 70, as you level through the normal stuff you'll be getting upgrades, so there are no downsides to doing it (unless you see paying the money as a downside, which is understandable).

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Leveling as a subscriber is so ridiculously fast, you can focus only on class story missions and a couple Heroics here and there to get high enough to start the expansions, usually by the time you finish Hoth or start on Belsavis you're at or close to 50. Specifically Shadow of Revan. Once you're there the number of Flashpoints you have to do for the Intro part level you up really quickly, and give you really decent gear, you'll be up to the point where you can start the KotFE and KotET within a couple days.

The caster type classes are just not fun to play IMO, Sage/Sorcerer and Gunslinger/Sniper, whereas Mercenaries and Commandos are actually really fun because they're more involved, they play like a ranged melee rather than a caster. But they don't have light sabers so they're second place for me, lol. Sith Juggernaut and Jedi Guardians are my favorite though, and I sub any time new content comes out JUST to have an excuse to play them because combat is just that fun to me. There's a skill point in the second tier that resets the cooldown of Saber Throw and Force Leap whenever combat ends, so you are practically always leaping around smashing and stabbing faces with your lightsaber as a result. That said, the token you can buy for like $15 worth of coins that levels you up to 70 is totally worth it because it also gives you level 70 gear so you can level through the content without having to worry about gear AND because you're alrady 70, as you level through the normal stuff you'll be getting upgrades, so there are no downsides to doing it (unless you see paying the money as a downside, which is understandable).
    Yeah, I've got all classes at 50 at least (well, minus their mirrored versions), those two are just the only two I took through KotFE content and I don't have the time/interest in bringing up more characters.

I actually really enjoy my sniper overall. They have a really smooth rotation for the build I play (forget which) that's super satisfying and hits like a truck. Think the bigger issue with my sage is that I'm mostly rocking healing gear so I'm missing out on stuff like accuracy which drops my damage a lot.

Levels seem to come quickly, so I imagine I'll hit 70/75 soon enough so I can get some better freakin gear.

Yeah, I've got all classes at 50 at least (well, minus their mirrored versions), those two are just the only two I took through KotFE content and I don't have the time/interest in bringing up more characters.

I actually really enjoy my sniper overall. They have a really smooth rotation for the build I play (forget which) that's super satisfying and hits like a truck. Think the bigger issue with my sage is that I'm mostly rocking healing gear so I'm missing out on stuff like accuracy which drops my damage a lot.

Levels seem to come quickly, so I imagine I'll hit 70/75 soon enough so I can get some better freakin gear.
    The Story Flashpoints give level appropriate gear now, at least the ones for Shadow of Revan do. I was running them as a level 70 getting upgrades that are even better than the stuff I'm getting at level 75 now (stat wise and affixes, ilevel at 75 is higher though).

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The Story Flashpoints give level appropriate gear now, at least the ones for Shadow of Revan do. I was running them as a level 70 getting upgrades that are even better than the stuff I'm getting at level 75 now (stat wise and affixes, ilevel at 75 is higher though).
    Yeah, I may run a few FP's to see if I can't get some decent upgrades so I'm not completely useless. So many of the bosses just feel like HP sponges, but I guess it's better doing that in the story difficulty than racking up huge repair bills dying over and over as I'm re-learning how to play -_-

Yeah, I may run a few FP's to see if I can't get some decent upgrades so I'm not completely useless. So many of the bosses just feel like HP sponges, but I guess it's better doing that in the story difficulty than racking up huge repair bills dying over and over as I'm re-learning how to play -_-
    That's pretty much all bosses are in Story mode, HP sponges, since their mechanics can easily be healed through by your companion unless you stand in the "instakill" mechanic WAY longer than you're supposed to. I don't do anything in this game besides play for the story anyway so high level gear doesn't really mean much to me.