Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    holy mother of... have any of you tried crafting yet?
    I've been leveling my crafting to 600... Frankly it's such a ballache and hearing that 600+ is even worse. Not sure I'll bother.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Twenty Six is live! In which we discuss the ongoing compilation series HFAR, and share our new Playlist based on it.

https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/26-blog-26

I'm quite happy to be solely a gatherer when it comes to crafting, selling mats has made me a good amount of credits over the last few days. I've found I'm enjoying the gathering and making credits more than doing the dailies and such. After going through the story I think MMO gameplay just isn't doing it for me any more. That said, I've no complaints about the expansion.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    I don't M+ in wow when there is loot to be had, I don't flashpoint when there is only a bit XP for galactic chest and now renown chest, I won't do them for craft component for useless green stuff that's given to you just doing the story.....
    they are killing crafting dead, leaving looooong xp bar for renown chest that give even less loot than galactic command, sometimes not even modable.
    what's left for someone who doesn't raid/dungeon? daily/weekly? the new ones are even less interesting than ossus
    if my time hadn't stopped the day before the patch but a couple day from now, I would have stopped it >_<
    It stands to reason that if you only do one type of content you are gimping yourself. So, if you do that, your gear progression will be slower.
    Have you tried solo mode FP's? They might drop something.

But honestly, veteran FP's are piss easy. I have no sympathy for someone who cannot be bothered to do the easiest of content cause it involves others. MMO is not the genre for you.

I mean, how did you even gear up on Ossus? Just gambled away the weekly box quest and handed in components? You were getting an average of 1.5 pieces of gear a week. Command boxes were completely useless. Everything was disassembled. Renown boxes give me actual gear upgrades now.
    I really, i can't understand you. If anything you should be happy cause you don't need the FP or raid to gear up. It only affects the speed of aquisition.
    Honestly, do you even know you can take your tech components and get unidentified gear in the vendor on the fleet? They usually give you an upgrade (not garanteed so only gamble on your lower level slots).
    Another hint are the heroic 2's in mek-sha. Mobs there can drop gear pieces. That stuff is easily soloable.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-10-26 at 02:10 AM.

because even solo FP are too damn long for what you get. and teams on MM FP are either "rush rush russsssh" mental attitude similar from wow MM+, or you get people who still don't know with side of the gun/lightsaber they need to point toward the ennemy ^^

and did you seriously not see what they did to crafting ? green trash stuff need last FP boss component or rated pvp/operation drop, blue stuff need 3 green to craft + mode FP/raid/pvp component + conquest component
    and they have only 5% chance to get you the purple schematic, if you don't get the schematic, you get close to nothing from trying to learn it
    someone on the swtor forum counted 351 mats, with lost of instance/pvp + conquest stuff, just for a BLUE basic crit augment...
    even new armor coloring, a cosmetic item, need those instance and conquest drops ^^

they said this expac would be "play like you want" but they done fucked up as far as crafting is concerned (not even counting the 500k credits for every trade skill to up them to 700, that's 3 tradeskill per char)
    I understand that crafting was "too easy" before but they went from piss easy to harder than mythic raid lol

add that the "story" they added was even shorter than any other expansion before

I really think I'm done with this game, I don't even want to level new chars to see differents ending for each class story depending on light/dark decisions (and I had like 3 on the works atm)

Yes, crafting needs tuning.

But people have the wrong idea about this game. It isn't an mmo like WoW or FFXIV. It's trying to be a quick jump in jump out and have a bit of fun game, much like looter shooters.
    The game never had the resources to release content the size of what those games do and it is clearly not possible. If you noticed the credits, the dev team must be shy of 50 people compared to WoW 200/300 people team. Also, you payed a one month sub for this expansion. I think you got your money's worth. You didn't pay 50 dollars/euros +sub for it. People seem to forget that.

Don't get me wrong. I wish they did do that kind of expansion, but you need to look at things objectively.

For me the question is: Am i having fun? Did i enjoy the content that was offered? I did. I love playing the game and the new gear system gave me things to do. The new skill and utility point, tactical and set bonuses give birth to fresh new metas. The way my guardian plays changed with the new ability i got. So, i'm happy with what i got. It refreshed the game.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-10-26 at 03:12 PM.

i've been watching story videos on youtube so far, thinking about subbing today to see it all for myself. seems good so far.

kinda funny how you're so strong you just instagib a dark council member and fling him off your seat, as inquisitor. it's good to have the seat back, but i wonder if there's a way to NOT kill him for it? my inquisitor is imperius, she wouldn't do something to damage the empire, but she damn sure wants her seat back.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, also, anyone else notice how much that new padawon looks like cade skywalker? thought it was kinda cool.

cade's one of the coolest characters to come out of the expanded universe, would be cool if he was made in homage him.
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

steve danuser - waifu cringelord

Welp, catching up on KotET right now. Man some of these animations are janky as all hell and it's delightful.

Either my gear is garbage, I don't know how to play or both...probably both, but the "veteran" mode for story content actually freakin hurts. Had to drop it down to "story" mode, and I'm also realizing I'm not a big fan of how my sage plays and I kinda wish I had a more melee focused force user caught up to this point.

Oh well, being a dick for no apparent reason leads to amusing dialogue options. I'll do my "nice" run on my sniper after I get through everything on my sage.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, catching up on KotET right now. Man some of these animations are janky as all hell and it's delightful.

Either my gear is garbage, I don't know how to play or both...probably both, but the "veteran" mode for story content actually freakin hurts. Had to drop it down to "story" mode, and I'm also realizing I'm not a big fan of how my sage plays and I kinda wish I had a more melee focused force user caught up to this point.

Oh well, being a dick for no apparent reason leads to amusing dialogue options. I'll do my "nice" run on my sniper after I get through everything on my sage.
    Leveling as a subscriber is so ridiculously fast, you can focus only on class story missions and a couple Heroics here and there to get high enough to start the expansions, usually by the time you finish Hoth or start on Belsavis you're at or close to 50. Specifically Shadow of Revan. Once you're there the number of Flashpoints you have to do for the Intro part level you up really quickly, and give you really decent gear, you'll be up to the point where you can start the KotFE and KotET within a couple days.

The caster type classes are just not fun to play IMO, Sage/Sorcerer and Gunslinger/Sniper, whereas Mercenaries and Commandos are actually really fun because they're more involved, they play like a ranged melee rather than a caster. But they don't have light sabers so they're second place for me, lol. Sith Juggernaut and Jedi Guardians are my favorite though, and I sub any time new content comes out JUST to have an excuse to play them because combat is just that fun to me. There's a skill point in the second tier that resets the cooldown of Saber Throw and Force Leap whenever combat ends, so you are practically always leaping around smashing and stabbing faces with your lightsaber as a result. That said, the token you can buy for like $15 worth of coins that levels you up to 70 is totally worth it because it also gives you level 70 gear so you can level through the content without having to worry about gear AND because you're alrady 70, as you level through the normal stuff you'll be getting upgrades, so there are no downsides to doing it (unless you see paying the money as a downside, which is understandable).

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Leveling as a subscriber is so ridiculously fast, you can focus only on class story missions and a couple Heroics here and there to get high enough to start the expansions, usually by the time you finish Hoth or start on Belsavis you're at or close to 50. Specifically Shadow of Revan. Once you're there the number of Flashpoints you have to do for the Intro part level you up really quickly, and give you really decent gear, you'll be up to the point where you can start the KotFE and KotET within a couple days.

The caster type classes are just not fun to play IMO, Sage/Sorcerer and Gunslinger/Sniper, whereas Mercenaries and Commandos are actually really fun because they're more involved, they play like a ranged melee rather than a caster. But they don't have light sabers so they're second place for me, lol. Sith Juggernaut and Jedi Guardians are my favorite though, and I sub any time new content comes out JUST to have an excuse to play them because combat is just that fun to me. There's a skill point in the second tier that resets the cooldown of Saber Throw and Force Leap whenever combat ends, so you are practically always leaping around smashing and stabbing faces with your lightsaber as a result. That said, the token you can buy for like $15 worth of coins that levels you up to 70 is totally worth it because it also gives you level 70 gear so you can level through the content without having to worry about gear AND because you're alrady 70, as you level through the normal stuff you'll be getting upgrades, so there are no downsides to doing it (unless you see paying the money as a downside, which is understandable).
    Yeah, I've got all classes at 50 at least (well, minus their mirrored versions), those two are just the only two I took through KotFE content and I don't have the time/interest in bringing up more characters.

I actually really enjoy my sniper overall. They have a really smooth rotation for the build I play (forget which) that's super satisfying and hits like a truck. Think the bigger issue with my sage is that I'm mostly rocking healing gear so I'm missing out on stuff like accuracy which drops my damage a lot.

Levels seem to come quickly, so I imagine I'll hit 70/75 soon enough so I can get some better freakin gear.

Yeah, I've got all classes at 50 at least (well, minus their mirrored versions), those two are just the only two I took through KotFE content and I don't have the time/interest in bringing up more characters.

I actually really enjoy my sniper overall. They have a really smooth rotation for the build I play (forget which) that's super satisfying and hits like a truck. Think the bigger issue with my sage is that I'm mostly rocking healing gear so I'm missing out on stuff like accuracy which drops my damage a lot.

Levels seem to come quickly, so I imagine I'll hit 70/75 soon enough so I can get some better freakin gear.
    The Story Flashpoints give level appropriate gear now, at least the ones for Shadow of Revan do. I was running them as a level 70 getting upgrades that are even better than the stuff I'm getting at level 75 now (stat wise and affixes, ilevel at 75 is higher though).

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The Story Flashpoints give level appropriate gear now, at least the ones for Shadow of Revan do. I was running them as a level 70 getting upgrades that are even better than the stuff I'm getting at level 75 now (stat wise and affixes, ilevel at 75 is higher though).
    Yeah, I may run a few FP's to see if I can't get some decent upgrades so I'm not completely useless. So many of the bosses just feel like HP sponges, but I guess it's better doing that in the story difficulty than racking up huge repair bills dying over and over as I'm re-learning how to play -_-

Yeah, I may run a few FP's to see if I can't get some decent upgrades so I'm not completely useless. So many of the bosses just feel like HP sponges, but I guess it's better doing that in the story difficulty than racking up huge repair bills dying over and over as I'm re-learning how to play -_-
    That's pretty much all bosses are in Story mode, HP sponges, since their mechanics can easily be healed through by your companion unless you stand in the "instakill" mechanic WAY longer than you're supposed to. I don't do anything in this game besides play for the story anyway so high level gear doesn't really mean much to me.