Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post
    Let me be clear here: I wanted classic but this was the line for me. The first fail was when they made classic client from a Legion client...

Stripped-Legion Classic client (at the lowest graphic) runs at 5 fps on my old notebook.
    On private servers real Classic client runs at 60 fps...

Get the fock out of here!

Lol are you serious ? Then play on private servers. We should use totally outdated technologies that don't impact the core game because... "your pc sucks" ? Just by a new one ffs, if wow is 5 fps on your laptop then it's not meant for gaming

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Funny how often those two things go hand in hand, isn't it?
    Not really, adding more "DLC" in the webshop is good for the business but not really for the whole game.
    More generally, it if was the case, capitalist societies would be perfect and we're far from it

Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    This is a really shitty move by Blizzard. All it will do is punish people who don't know what they're doing. Your entire server will hate you and call you a ninja just because you didn't know any better, how are you supposed to learn from that? We need to be able to trade items we looted by mistake by opening tickets, anything else is unacceptable.
    It won't be an issue, since you'll have a two-hour trade window. As long as someone brings it up, you can be like, "Oh, sorry. How does it work? I'm new, I don't really know what I'm doing." and things will be fine and dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It won't be an issue, since you'll have a two-hour trade window. As long as someone brings it up, you can be like, "Oh, sorry. How does it work? I'm new, I don't really know what I'm doing." and things will be fine and dandy.
    No we'll have a zero hour trade window and they won't respond to loot related tickets. The trading is only enabled in raids, if you make a mistake in a dungeon you'll be branded a ninja.

Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    No we'll have a zero hour trade window and they won't respond to loot related tickets. The trading is only enabled in raids, if you make a mistake in a dungeon you'll be branded a ninja.
    I was referring to raids, not dungeons. If you do it in dungeons, it's less impactful, and people are more likely to be forgiving if you explain that it was a mistake. Especially if you're willing to offer gold in return, or offer to run the dungeon again and waive any other rewards to give them a second chance.

It is the most true to actual Vanilla. The alternative is allow people to abuse the 2 hour trade option and multi-role on loot for their guildies.

No loot trade in dungeons opens up a very small window for mistakes, while loot trading opens pandora's box for abuse.

It generally takes several Ninja loots to get your brand on... so ethier a person's accidental need on something will be forgotten... or their multiple "mistaken" needs will root them out for what they are.

Man the game sure has changed a lot... it went from if someone "ninja's" a piece of loot from a dungeon there is hell to pay, to being showered with so much loot no one cares.

Can't wait for Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by xact4 View Post
    Then your server was crap. It did matter, I remember specifically avoiding known ninja looters. If you got called out in trade chat too many times, you were screwed. You were resigned to grouping with your guild, and if they had any sense they would kick you and you were double screwed. It rarely happened on purpose, the deterrent was real.
    I agree 100%. Your reputation was very important back in Vanilla and I believe if they stick to what they've said so far (Blizzard) -- it will matter once again!

Server reputation was such a thing in Classic that even almost 15 years later I still remember a dozen or so of the blacklisted people's names. Anyone that thinks griefers/ninjas/etc won't be branded and ostracized probably didn't actually play (or at least play seriously) in classic WoW.

It wasn't people that accidentally hit need on something they didn't need though, I think most people misclicked at least once and it was understandable. These were people that deliberately screwed others over for their own gain and/or amusement.

Man the loot trading is just shit. Its open for abuse with guilds and yes similar tactics happened back in vanilla as well with no loot trade window. I'd rather the honest mistakes than something that can and will be abused by guilds who don't give a shit.