Thread: MDI 2019 Season

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    MDI is the epitomy of "bring the class, not the player." It's a garbage watch. Untill all classes/specs are viable, then it's a no from me.
    I doubt it will ever be true that all classes/specs are viable. There will always be one at the top. Perfect balance does not exist.
    Also, I think it is 'bring the class and the player'. Else you would imply that any group playing this meta would win.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonora View Post
    By what measure do you have the right to state so? At that level of play I suspect it is very hard to be master of more than 1 spec.
    What the fuck are you even talking about? Enjoy your 3 same specs every game every round every map tournament I guess.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by help helper View Post
    What the fuck are you even talking about? Enjoy your 3 same specs every game every round every map tournament I guess.
    In real sports, every game is a literal mirror match with positions. I never understood why esports this is never accepted. It all comes down to skill difference/strategies.

  4. #44
    Ofc player skill matters, but when every team comp is pretty much the same, it's a snooze fest.

  5. #45
    Old God Low Hanging Fruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX - USA
    Posts
    10,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It's been very boring to watch actually. Legion MDI was stomachable.
    Couldn't agree more. For me, WoW isn't that interesting to watch anyway but Legion at least had a few class shake ups and options along with the zones being more enjoyable. Not to mention I don't really see what the 4th affix has added to the mix. It feels like "guess what guys.. we group shit up and aoe it down.. well.. this affix will have you group shit up.. and aoe it down..."

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by help helper View Post
    Enjoy your 3 same specs every game every round every map tournament I guess.
    Well, more diversity would be nice - but I am able to enjoy, for example, tennis matches, where top tennisers sometimes win or loose on 2 or 3 points. I can enjoy people on top of their game, and accept that the joy is in more subtle differences. Like how Method EU overpowered everyone in the first cup by showing superb pathing; they fully used the power of that meta, none else could come close despite everyone knowing that meta. But then cup 2 more knew their strategies, and they suddenly made weird mistakes... so the giants had stone feet and seemed beatable... but the opponents also made mistakes, and method eu still came out ahead.

    I now see quite some people comparing Legion MDI favorable... well, it was, in its newness. But once you saw the pattern that the winner of the first match generally won, it became more boring in that aspect. Now there are three unpredictable matches, and expectations are not always met.

    As somewhere else pointed out (this forum? casting of MDI?), it would be great if affixes existed that hinder melee above ranged. Now basically all affixes favor melee, and synergy favors melee, only damage on party generally hinders melee. No wonder that very skilled players choose for all melee teams, that has been the case since Vanilla.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonora View Post
    Well, more diversity would be nice - but I am able to enjoy, for example, tennis matches, where top tennisers sometimes win or loose on 2 or 3 points. I can enjoy people on top of their game, and accept that the joy is in more subtle differences.
    But the difference is that whereas I can enjoy tennisplayer A vs tennisplayer B because of the dynamics of player versus player, similarly to how I enjoy wow arena tournaments, MDI is completely PvE. There is zero interaction.

    To make a more apt comparison: MDI is like watching 2 tennisplayers play against the wall and seeing who can last longer. Yeah super interesting to watch.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    But the difference is that whereas I can enjoy tennisplayer A vs tennisplayer B because of the dynamics of player versus player, similarly to how I enjoy wow arena tournaments, MDI is completely PvE. There is zero interaction.

    To make a more apt comparison: MDI is like watching 2 tennisplayers play against the wall and seeing who can last longer. Yeah super interesting to watch.
    It's more like watching drag racing, sprint races/hurdles, and swimming competitions. See who is able to finish the distance the fastest, due to setup (car parts/training), and skill of execution. They're not for everybody but some people are really into it.

    Edit: It is also analogous to Ninja Warrior, and all those TV shows where contestants run through a gauntlet and the person to be fastest wins. MDI is nothing but a race. Everyone compares it to head on competitions. That's what Arena is.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    But the difference is that whereas I can enjoy tennisplayer A vs tennisplayer B because of the dynamics of player versus player, similarly to how I enjoy wow arena tournaments, MDI is completely PvE. There is zero interaction.

    To make a more apt comparison: MDI is like watching 2 tennisplayers play against the wall and seeing who can last longer. Yeah super interesting to watch.
    Any analogy will fail at some point. I mentioned tennis because in the end, a complete match can be decided in a handful of points, just like some MDI matches can be decided in a few different pulls or mistakes. Yet with tennis I appreciate the high level of skill displayed, likewise in MDI.

    If MDI to you is like watching two tennisplayers hit against a wall, then by all means, stop watching, it is clearly not for you. To me this analogy fails because the wall moves in the most strange ways, there is fire on the floor, objects are lobbed against the players from all directions etc etc. While there is little direct interaction, enough happens at either side to attract me. But then, I have at times watched long jumpers, high jumpers etc. on the olympics, where also the amount of interaction is minimal. YMMV.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    It's more like watching drag racing, sprint races/hurdles, and swimming competitions. See who is able to finish the distance the fastest, due to setup (car parts/training), and skill of execution. They're not for everybody but some people are really into it.

    Edit: It is also analogous to Ninja Warrior, and all those TV shows where contestants run through a gauntlet and the person to be fastest wins. MDI is nothing but a race. Everyone compares it to head on competitions. That's what Arena is.
    Good one. /10char

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    It's more like watching drag racing, sprint races/hurdles, and swimming competitions. See who is able to finish the distance the fastest, due to setup (car parts/training), and skill of execution. They're not for everybody but some people are really into it.

    Edit: It is also analogous to Ninja Warrior, and all those TV shows where contestants run through a gauntlet and the person to be fastest wins. MDI is nothing but a race. Everyone compares it to head on competitions. That's what Arena is.
    I guess you're right. I just don't find it eventful enough to be entertaining. Like a marathon, it's only interesting maybe 3% of the time that it's actually on.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonora View Post
    At the level these people play, 1-2% better can make the difference.
    We're not talking 1-2%. That would be 'natural'. Rogues are completely broken for m+, binging extreme utility and no downsides whatsoever. If it weren't for the monk's decent dmg and 5% melee buff, we'd see 3 rogues comps.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    We're not talking 1-2%. That would be 'natural'. Rogues are completely broken for m+, binging extreme utility and no downsides whatsoever. If it weren't for the monk's decent dmg and 5% melee buff, we'd see 3 rogues comps.
    Yeah lol I dunno where people keep pulling this 1-2% figure from. The difference between outlaw rogue and say a poor AOE class is more like 100%. 1% my arse.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Do you guys think there will be some other healer than druid in 2019 Seasons?In 2018 i clearly remember one really good Disc priest.

    In Western Cup for some reason Naguura is not irritating anymore.Has she improved a bit?
    I actually quit watching the MDI cos of Naguura, That person has no idea about WoW and her voice is just so painfully annoying that I cant stand watching it

  14. #54
    I am Murloc! hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    5,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I actually quit watching the MDI cos of Naguura, That person has no idea about WoW and her voice is just so painfully annoying that I cant stand watching it
    She plays at a very high level, donno why people keep saying that she doesn't know anything about wow.

  15. #55
    Idk why Blizzard is lingering over things like Outlaw Rogue in m+, but I think they don't want to mess up the MDI.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I actually quit watching the MDI cos of Naguura, That person has no idea about WoW and her voice is just so painfully annoying that I cant stand watching it
    She's only an eyecatcher.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Idk why Blizzard is lingering over things like Outlaw Rogue in m+, but I think they don't want to mess up the MDI.


    She's only an eyecatcher.
    Blizzard is always way too slow to apply hotfixes. I understand why, but I think the game would be better off if they were a little more trigger happy with snap changes.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I actually quit watching the MDI cos of Naguura, That person has no idea about WoW and her voice is just so painfully annoying that I cant stand watching it
    Actually from all the casters sitting there she is probably the one with the most knowledge. She was part of the main roster of Method and Serenity and raided at the highest possible level for quite some time. And with her score of ~3000 she should have the highest raider.io at the desk by far.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by amaze123 View Post
    Actually from all the casters sitting there she is probably the one with the most knowledge. She was part of the main roster of Method and Serenity and raided at the highest possible level for quite some time. And with her score of ~3000 she should have the highest raider.io at the desk by far.
    Having knowledge about something doesn't make you a good in commenting maybe?For example the woman who was а commentator for the Method's Uldir stream did great job.I don't know what is wrong with Naguura's comments but there is something about them which is not at it's place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    She's only an eyecatcher.
    I wish there was another female caster instead of her.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Having knowledge about something doesn't make you a good in commenting maybe?For example the woman who was а commentator for the Method's Uldir stream did great job.I don't know what is wrong with Naguura's comments but there is something about them which is not at it's place.
    Often she is the one explaining abilities, etc. and for me and probably many other she is just pointing out the most obvious things again and again. But that is probably her job. Maybe she should think about how to make that more interesting. The Method stream on the other side was much less organized, but more a free banter stream. Maybe in that environment Nagura would do well als well. But saying she has no knowledge is just plain false.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by amaze123 View Post
    Often she is the one explaining abilities, etc. and for me and probably many other she is just pointing out the most obvious things again and again. But that is probably her job. Maybe she should think about how to make that more interesting. The Method stream on the other side was much less organized, but more a free banter stream. Maybe in that environment Nagura would do well als well. But saying she has no knowledge is just plain false.
    I agree she has the knowledge.I'm not even questioning that.When AutomaticJac in previous MDIs in 2018 was just a normal caster and not the one leading the event he did a great job.And i think his knowledge is the same as Naguura's?I may be wrong of course but from what i have heard it was way better.So in my opinion it is not up to how much knowledge Naguura has more it is connected to the way she presents it.It is just not interesting to hear her.She also should stop using parasitic words like umm,hmm and other similar to them.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •