Thread: MDI 2019 Season

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by amaze123 View Post
    Often she is the one explaining abilities, etc. and for me and probably many other she is just pointing out the most obvious things again and again. But that is probably her job. Maybe she should think about how to make that more interesting. The Method stream on the other side was much less organized, but more a free banter stream. Maybe in that environment Nagura would do well als well. But saying she has no knowledge is just plain false.
    I thought it was a very dry presentation overall, not just Nagura. They are all very analytical, but that's not particularly entertaining. Also there's no diversity in the casters. It's 3 dudes from the Future guild, 2 from Limit and Sours. They seem like a mafia who have occupied the caster's desk at MDI.

I feel like the caster's desk needs some diversity, too. Where is the batshit crazy RichWCampbell, or Healingstat, or Robert Wing. I kinda liked these guys.

Not that I don't like Jak, but I feel he's too little of an entertainer to have the lead here...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Having knowledge about something doesn't make you a good in commenting maybe?For example the woman who was а commentator for the Method's Uldir stream did great job.I don't know what is wrong with Naguura's comments but there is something about them which is not at it's place.

I wish there was another female caster instead of her.
    I think guys are generally irritated and intimidated by smart women.

When they stop repeating how every single mechanic works and instead comment on strategy it would be a bit more interesting. Not watching it much mostly because I am tired of hearing someone recite the dungeon journal.

We going to ignore the fact that casters were making extremely biased and outright negative remarks about Limit? Tettles literally said Max had "mental issues".

I get that Limit played like shit but I can't help but to feel there was more personal remarks made rather than being a professional.
    Last edited by Poe; 2019-04-28 at 02:08 AM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    We going to ignore the fact that casters were making extremely biased and outright negative remarks about Limit? Tettles literally said Max had "mental issues".

I get that Limit played like shit but I can't help but to feel there was more personal remarks made rather than being a professional.
    Well Limit are from the US so I wouldn't exactly say biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    Biased as in at least 3-4 of the casters raids/ raided in the past with Abrakeydabra and Method EU team members. It doesn't have anything to do with their physical location. Abrakeydabra played like total ass last cup and I don't remember casters making questionable remarks and comments.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

I completely 100% agree. It boggles my mind that Tettles even got a casting spot in the first place. He's always been unprofessional and immature and this is not the first time he's had a foot-in-mouth moment when he was in the spotlight. On top of that he doesn't even know how tie a freakin' tie. What the heck is he even doing up there at the desk?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    People cheer for teams from other regions all the time.

I don't know what his arrangement is with Method which allows him to cast for them during their World First Race circus but I imagine he gets some sort of compensation for it. Even during the WFR he was making underhanded remarks about Limit. There's definitely at least some bias there.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    She plays at a very high level, donno why people keep saying that she doesn't know anything about wow.
    Drjay helped her boost that score a bit, it's on his stream even. My issue is that she talks a lot, and took on the role to explain every single mechanic every single time, which probably lead to people disliking her. It's hard to catch the interesting things she says cause of this, it just drowns in all the blablablablabla.
    When the other casters get to talk, they don't need to talk about the stuff naguura talked about, and they come off as interesting.

But I feel all the casters are way too strict and composed on that desk. Maybe they fear blizzards sjw panel, maybe it's just who they are. I don't know.

In terms of what happened between casters and limit it felt super awkward and hateful to me. Yeah, casters are supposed to point out both negatives and positives but this felt pretty targeted imo. I don’t really have a specific team I’m rooting for as almost every team that played today has players I like supporting, the comments just felt unnecessary.

Sours went off on them a bit but the main thing was Tettles talking about Max. I haven’t watched max on twitch that much but whether he has “mental issues” or not that’s not something you say in front of 30-40k people. You never call someone out like that, it’s super unprofessional and it shows bias as well which leads to bad casting. From what I’ve seen of Max, he seems like a cool dude. I don’t know him personally though so I can’t say anything for sure, the only thing I can say is that the comments made about limit/limit players were very unprofessional, mean spirited and awkward. Haven’t really seen them say similar things about other teams. Everyone has bias but as casters it probably shouldn’t be showing like that.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-28 at 09:09 AM.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Biased as in at least 3-4 of the casters raids/ raided in the past with Abrakeydabra and Method EU team members. It doesn't have anything to do with their physical location. Abrakeydabra played like total ass last cup and I don't remember casters making questionable remarks and comments.
    I meant that you're not really biased when talking bad about americans in general. The populace is a joke in and of itself.

Watching MDI with sound on listening to detailed explanations about every little pull of a dungeon EVERY time is like watching a football match and the commentator explaining how to score a goal every 3 minutes. It's an insult to the viewers' intelligence tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Watching MDI with sound on listening to detailed explanations about every little pull of a dungeon EVERY time is like watching a football match and the commentator explaining how to score a goal every 3 minutes. It's an insult to the viewers' intelligence tbh.
    Not everyone plays on the level of the participants. Although I agree they talk too much I have learned things about certain pulls that I didn't know before.

She was bad earlier in the season but recently she has gotten much better. In the beginning she kept messing up abilities and team names etc. Casting is hard and I doubt these guys practice but they should start