Are there any plans to rebalance affixes?

This week is just a complete joke compared to last week.

I was pushing an average of 20-25k HPS through the same level keys I've done so far last week, this week? 12k hps over the dungeon and we're timing it faster. I was up to 40-45k hps on some packs last week, this week none have been above even 25k on same level.

They really need to reconsider the difficulty difference between the different affixes. It's beyond ridiculous.

No affix combination can match the healing requirements of last week as if you go through logs, Quaking and Bursting tend to do more damage than the melee slaps a tank takes each. So this is nearly tripling the amount of healing required on everyone.

That aside, there should be a re-balance, but most likely will happen with 8.2 as Blizzard doesnt do any changes on a regular bases and will claim this is a "big system change" or whatever. In a post before I believe they said they like some affix combos being harder than others and vice-versa.

Its interesting to notice that the best push week aligned with Mythic week opening - perhaps blizzard is trying to get some peak player activity stats to report later on.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard is looking into balance for the affix combos. You shouldn't struggle to complete a +12 if you can complete a +15 with a different combo.
    Blizzard is considering completely removing 1 or 2 of the combos completely.
    Blizzard is exploring affix combo difficulties instead of messing with dungeon difficulty.
    Blizzard is considering having something like a Raider.io score in-game, but nothing planned right now.
    Blizzard's plan about a scoring system is to fix some issues from community-driven ones, like having affixes matter and other contextual information added to it.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=291155/...m-sloot-stream

Balancing on a more frequent basis would be welcomed. The higher score for harder affixes thing will only selectively appease some folks, depending on how much you care about the score. Spending the time to make their own version of raiderio is questionable, especially since rio is constantly updated and could mimic and improve upon whatever Blizzard puts in for a major patch. Focusing on monthly balancing (versus major patches) and dungeon changes based on data would be nice.

yes there are plans
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

I've done Keystone Master achiev with some guildies on teeming / volcanic / tyranical week. It was a breeze. We planned it for weeks waiting for "easy affixes" because why make yourself suffer?

On the other hand I completely skipped the bolstering / explosive week. Not worth the headache.

I swear if blizzard removes any combos, it's gonna be the ones that let you have fun (volcanic / raging / tyranical and the teeming version) keeping the shitty ones in like fortified / teeming / explosive (hey you have beefed trash with more trash that spawns even more explosive orbs so no one can just mass aoe). I'd say sanguine / grievous can also be quite shit especially in dungeons with narrow corridors where managing sanguine starts being a whole new thing. Funnily in legion sanguine was mostly a non issue, but the bfa dungeon design turned it around.

If you listen to m+ pros who push high keys (I don't, took my achiev and from there only doing +10 for weekly, there's no in game reward for bothering more) like Jdotb he'll tell you grievous and quaking are biggest cockblocks to progression due to extra healing requirements they add. Blizzard also beefed up bursting making it helluva more annoying than before.

I'd swear if Blizzard does anything is probably delete volcanic as it's the only "non affix" left, they managed to make every other "non affix" like skittish or sanguine into nightmare for casuals.

I don't think they care whether people have fun in dungeons, all they care about is whether the affixes are something they can throw in the face of optimized mdi comps.

Same tbh for raids, after checking Limit stream yday in mythic crucible it feels to me they make raids for pro guilds who class stack instead of common folks.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2019-04-24 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post

Same tbh for raids, after checking Limit stream yday in mythic crucible it feels to me they make raids for pro guilds who class stack instead of common folks.
    Not really unless you for some reason consider mythic as the only difficulty. A few thousand guilds have completed heroic CoS already, a few thousand more have completed normal. Mythic is tightly tuned because it’s aimed at the best, they usually nerf it as time goes on but still it’s aimed at some of the better groups of players.

Regardless there are definitely some affix combos that just feel really awful. I honestly don’t mind bursting too much but I’ve only done low keys (14 and below) so I can’t speak about anything higher. I really hate quaking though, even more so when it’s combined with bursting. It’s just not a fun affix. It stops you from healing for a second or two and when combined with bursting which requires you to heal more it can be pretty annoying. Another horrible combo is teeming and explosive, teeming itself already makes some dungeons atrocious but combined with explosive it’s just bleh. I can’t really speak about tuning but considering people are completing dungeons at 25 and 24 one week and then 19 and 18 the next there’s definitely some balancing needed.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-24 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    If you listen to m+ pros who push high keys (I don't, took my achiev and from there only doing +10 for weekly, there's no in game reward for bothering more) like Jdotb he'll tell you grievous and quaking are biggest cockblocks to progression due to extra healing requirements they add. Blizzard also beefed up bursting making it helluva more annoying than before.
    He'd tell you that because he's a healer. A tank or DPS could well say the same about bolstering, necrotic or explosive because of how they limit pull size.

Every affix bar 3 either increases healing required, increases DPS required, or forces you to pull smaller groups because of mechanics.

The only 3 that don't are Raging, Volcanic and Skittish. And this week is the only week in the season where you get 2 of those together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necrotic and griveous just have to be removed all together, they are just not fun at all and make the entire run way harder than it has to be.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I'm sure there are. I also have plans about dropping the last 10 pounds and laying off crack.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Ya we'll get changed maybe by 9.0
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I would love it if all the affixes didn't translate to "screw you, healer".

15+ Year Old Account
    Things need to be done with affixes:
    - remove retarded affix combos that are too difficult
    - bursting and grievous needs to be toned down. If they choose to remove any affix, it should be one of these. Too many affixes that punish the healer.
    - quaking should stop happening out of combat
    - bursting stacks should NOT interrupt drinking, that's just retarded
    - sanguine needs to be looked at - maybe smaller pool size or shorter duration. We have too many narrow corridors and runner mobs in some dungeons making this affix pure hell, while it's a joke in more roomy dungeons.
    - non-elite mobs should just NOT interact with any affixes by default. (This is already done in many cases)
    - review some boss encounter - affix interactions which are too difficult, for example grievous with constant aoe damage or explosive in large rooms

They need to get rid of teeming+fortified. It's just way too much extra HP to chew through.

Honestly think teeming should be another level 2 affix- teeming/fort/tyrannical, would mean there is more of a balance as those 3 affixes are all additional 'scaling' which just flat out add more damage and HP.

Just my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    - review some boss encounter - affix interactions which are too difficult, for example grievous with constant aoe damage or explosive in large rooms
    Yep, explosive on last boss in temple of sethtraliss where the middle pillar with boss to heal doesn't even los them? Who thought it was a good idea. At least they "fixed" explosive spawning from spores on last boss in Underrot because that was absolutely ludicrous.

What exactly is the problem of having an easier week? Not sure I understand.

Personally I wish we had a week where it would be tyrannical AND fortified. Pure push week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post

I was pushing an average of 20-25k HPS through the same level keys I've done so far last week, this week? 12k hps over the dungeon and we're timing it faster. I was up to 40-45k hps on some packs last week, this week none have been above even 25k on same level.

They really need to reconsider the difficulty difference between the different affixes. It's beyond ridiculous.
    That's the entire point of affixes. No week will be equal. Some weeks will be cancer and others easy. Even if Blizzard says differently to act like they believe otherwise it goes against their previous interviews stating not all weeks are equal.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Necrotic and griveous just have to be removed all together, they are just not fun at all and make the entire run way harder than it has to be.
    Why don't you just petition Blizzard to just mail you your gear. That would be easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Why don't you just petition Blizzard to just mail you your gear. That would be easier.
    Nice comment, where you did copy/paste that one from?

If would actually play the game you would know that griveious right now is just definitly way harder than most affixed, and necrotic is probably the least fun week for any tank since half your run you just kite.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If would actually play the game you would know that griveious right now is just definitly way harder than most affixed, and necrotic is probably the least fun week for any tank since half your run you just kite.
    I don't mind necrotic as much as grievous, since necrotic drops out of combat, grievous doesn't, and sometimes if you die and corpse run you get in combat and stack grievous before you even reach back to the group. It should drop out of combat or have max duration like bursting after which it expires.

Explosive should also be changed back to legion version when as long as you hit it, you killed it. Having situations like mage icelanced it but it didn't die is just silly. It's already a gcd waste now if it requires serious dps investment to get rid of all the orbs, it's the worst week for clearing anything. I don't mind having to pay attention to kill them, I do mind some classes require 2-3 hits to kill 1 orb.

Quaking should not happen out of combat or at least don't interrupt eating, drinking and out of combat rezzing. It a stupid timewaste it does, not a "challenge".

Bursting should either be nerfed, or have scaling depending on mob type, not each mob putting same debuff on you no matter how big or small. It's really annoying in dungeons with a lot of small mobs. They removed bursting from non-elites that was already step in a good direction (initiates in shrine, rats in motherlode, worms in waycrest etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post

Most likely they will remove the "easy" affixs aka the ones that make doing pushing not hell and make everything feel like bursting quaking because that's totally what people enjoy :P