Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    What happened to Blizzard servers?

    So for the last few months, as everyone knows, EU servers have been straight garbage. From DCs, to impossible lags in warmode, and now, we tried running 40v40 Alterac Valley and it was complitely unplayable. Like is this even a multiplayer game anymore? Am i supposed to play single player until I come to raid, I don't udnerstand.

  2. #2
    Go whine on the official forums. Nothing good will come out of here.

  3. #3
    EU servers have always kind of sucked, idk what it is.... it's not just wow either FF's EU server suck too. Maybe EU datacenters just aren't that great.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Go whine on the official forums. Nothing good will come out of here.
    I can whine to Jesus Christ himself, Blizzard will do nothing about it.

  5. #5
    No issues here.

  6. #6
    EU is the most populated region of wow so, its kinda normal to be laggy, especially on sunday evening

    Also, the usual ddos attacks

  7. #7
    Also depends on your realm. AH lag was huuuuge issue, and still is. The AH on low populated realms are much snappier....it sucks, waste so much time.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotality View Post
    I can whine to Jesus Christ himself, Blizzard will do nothing about it.
    Well Jesus does not work @ Blizzard, so yeah, you're right.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    Well Jesus does not work @ Blizzard, so yeah, you're right.
    Neither does Blizzard apparently.

  10. #10
    Pray to rngesus. At least some kind of joy may come once every fortnight

  11. #11
    Elemental Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    8,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Go whine on the official forums. Nothing good will come out of here.
    Ur so fucking useless. This is basically spam.

    OT: @Dotality: Blizzard is slowly killing of the MMORPG name. WoW will soon be a Singleplayer Game.
    U can do Alterac Valley with 39vs40 bots (you are the only player)

    Nah for reals. Blizzard servers have been doing worse and worse each expansion. Which is odd. Because vanilla had 0 issues with big world pvp and now people get punished for it because the server becomes too laggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

  12. #12
    try to attack enemy city with 40 man raid, you probably broke whole realm... those problems come in legion

  13. #13
    Elemental Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    8,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulo View Post
    try to attack enemy city with 40 man raid, you probably broke whole realm... those problems come in legion
    Those problems came when Blizzard started to drop the idea of having a MMORPG. Remember that Swifty got banned for making a massive WPvP event and the servers couldn't handle it? Ye Blizzard 100% is not supporting massive player events anymore.

    That is why we are getting solo quests, dungeons and maybe soon raids aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Ur so fucking useless. This is basically spam.

    OT: @Dotality: Blizzard is slowly killing of the MMORPG name. WoW will soon be a Singleplayer Game.
    U can do Alterac Valley with 39vs40 bots (you are the only player)

    Nah for reals. Blizzard servers have been doing worse and worse each expansion. Which is odd. Because vanilla had 0 issues with big world pvp and now people get punished for it because the server becomes too laggy.
    Me useless? What does that make you then? Gods gift to humanity? My answer is still 100% valid, just because you seem to stupid not to understand it. Got problems ingame, with the stability? Where to whine hmm? Of the official forums by Blizzard or some fan website..

    Common knowledge really..? Must be hard for you :O

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer scarecrowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Silenced
    Posts
    3,837
    WoW is more akin to an instanced based content simulator with instanced hubs and an instanced "outdoor" world.

    Everything is instanced now.

    Instead of spending the billions of dollars they made on better servers and merging dead servers with other dead ones they cut costs with sharding. Why make great servers that can handle 40v40 battles when you can have shitty little cheap shards that can't handle 10v10.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Ur so fucking useless. This is basically spam.

    OT: @Dotality: Blizzard is slowly killing of the MMORPG name. WoW will soon be a Singleplayer Game.
    U can do Alterac Valley with 39vs40 bots (you are the only player)

    Nah for reals. Blizzard servers have been doing worse and worse each expansion. Which is odd. Because vanilla had 0 issues with big world pvp and now people get punished for it because the server becomes too laggy.
    Vanilla servers ran better than BfA servers. It boggles the mind.


    Billions of dollars and 10+ years later and the servers are worse? Cost cutting cunts.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

  16. #16
    Even private servers run better than Blizz ones

  17. #17
    Honestly hasn't that been the way since like Cataclysm?
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! RoKPaNda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    5,952
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    WoW is more akin to an instanced based content simulator with instanced hubs and an instanced "outdoor" world.

    Everything is instanced now.

    Instead of spending the billions of dollars they made on better servers and merging dead servers with other dead ones they cut costs with sharding. Why make great servers that can handle 40v40 battles when you can have shitty little cheap shards that can't handle 10v10.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Vanilla servers ran better than BfA servers. It boggles the mind.


    Billions of dollars and 10+ years later and the servers are worse? Cost cutting cunts.
    As much as I think it's hilariously bad that Blizzard servers can't handle a couple hundred people in one area (When streamers have tried to organize 40v40 and crashed servers more than just the 40v40 showed up.) Vanilla servers were handling a lot less data, and nostalgia is one hell of a drug. The servers would chug when it came to large raids at TM and SS, and they were processing 2-3 digit numbers, 4 in the event of mage/warrior crits. Which I'm not excusing it, and I'm not trying to, I think it's awful that large scale battles in the open world can't happen, but performance was far from buttery smooth in vanilla.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

  19. #19
    A couple of months?

    *laughs in OCE*
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer scarecrowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Silenced
    Posts
    3,837
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    As much as I think it's hilariously bad that Blizzard servers can't handle a couple hundred people in one area (When streamers have tried to organize 40v40 and crashed servers more than just the 40v40 showed up.) Vanilla servers were handling a lot less data, and nostalgia is one hell of a drug. The servers would chug when it came to large raids at TM and SS, and they were processing 2-3 digit numbers, 4 in the event of mage/warrior crits. Which I'm not excusing it, and I'm not trying to, I think it's awful that large scale battles in the open world can't happen, but performance was far from buttery smooth in vanilla.
    I'm not an idiot. I know that the game has evolved.

    For example - their design on more RNG proc based bullshit(Azerite) causes the servers to have to do hundreds of thousands of more checks per second.

    My argument is that instead of heavily investing in your product they have made cost cutting measures and pushed towards worse servers and heavy sharding.


    It's absolutely disgusting that they tried to push the new Warmode system and that WPvP was "back". Then they bring "Incursions" in patch 8.1 and their shitty little shards can't even handle 10v10 without it becoming a slide show.

    I know you mostly agree with me but you can do so without also making excuses for them too.



    EDIT: I would also like to add that they have promised to "fix the lag" about 5 or 6 times now. With multiple updates saying they "still can't nail down what the problem is but please keep sending in reports". It's been 6 months, what the fuck happened to this company?
    Last edited by scarecrowz; 2019-04-14 at 11:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •