Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    lot of low levels lol.. except you get to 120 in 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'll also say that if you are in a guild and say "Hello" to silence or ask if anyone needs any help on anything, also to silence, you might want to consider if your guild is a good place for you (solo guilds aside).
    Im very lucky with my Guild.
    It has A LOT of players and is one of those that invites everyone on sight.
    So it has a little bit of everything...and a lot of players.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I did. Most of the time I get people trolling me etc., but there's the nice bunch here and there. I find RP realms to be the best to just sit down and talk IRL stuff without getting trolled 2 minutes into the actual conversation.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Yes, I did. Most of the time I get people trolling me etc., but there's the nice bunch here and there. I find RP realms to be the best to just sit down and talk IRL stuff without getting trolled 2 minutes into the actual conversation.
    true, you find a lot of bad people in this world, but if they listen to you and you change their minds is kinda fun

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You call them adventures, i call them chores that i don't want to do and probably get nothing in return for.
    Funny that current players complain that this is a chore, yet they turn around and claim there's no community anymore. Community takes some kind of effort, you can't be a sociopathic narcissist and expect to be invited, or thrive in groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Funny that current players complain that this is a chore, yet they turn around and claim there's no community anymore. Community takes some kind of effort, you can't be a sociopathic narcissist and expect to be invited, or thrive in groups.
    Its a fun side activity, you should try it IF you want
    its liberating

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Everytime you login in WoW (or when you feel like it) ask in guild chat if someone needs help with something.
    It just requires to be a big guild with a lot of low levels.
    If you dont have a big Guild just ask in Trade Chat on a major city or something.

You will have random adventures everytime.

At the end of helping the other guy you can have a conversation about life or simply talk to one another.

You wont get any "reward" BUT you will go through an adventure everytime.

Question:
    Have you tried playing WoW as a mini social adventure? Instead of playing it just for rewards?
    I would suggest that this is not a terribly good way to socialize. I would find it annoying, for example. Many others would decide that it is the person offering help who actually needs some company and would try to "help" them by inventing some reason to play together, etc.

Here's a better alternative: just play normally, but when you are about to do M+ or BG or world quests, ask in the guild chat if anyone wants in *for mutual benefit* and respond to similar offers from others. Things move way better when they are natural rather than artificial.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    That is why i am pretty sure that WoW classic will not fail, but it won't be a success like people claim it to be either.
    It will be hyped, social, active for 2-3 months. Then it will die off and only the oldskool veterans remain.

That is why i hope for Classic WoW, that there will only be like 1-2 realms. So incase the activity dies, the server will still feel alive.

Today's generation does not like to be social and put alot of time into a game. Guess what Classic WoW is all about :P
    That is why i am very sure that Classic will do worse then Battle of Azeroth.
    While I don't disagree that Classic WoW is going to suffer from the whole "social" part, I would be willing to bet if WoW launched with a dungeon finder you wouldn't have seen this community people knew either, because without it it forced people to be social whether they liked it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Here's a better alternative: just play normally, but when you are about to do M+ or BG or world quests, ask in the guild chat if anyone wants in *for mutual benefit* and respond to similar offers from others. Things move way better when they are natural rather than artificial.
    Thats a good idea.

But unfortunately we are trained to be anti-social on Mythic +...not so much in BGs.
    But Mythic + is a race against the clock. You cant communicate very well.
    And because you get rewards you have no need to communicate further.
    Helping a person in need on other stuff however will force communication in some way

I THINK, not sure.

What do you think?

So true mister det.
    People complain.
    But in reality this game has endless possibilities if you decide to be social!
    Social? What to talk about with some random kid? Weather? Trump? Cmon...

Thats a good idea.

But unfortunately we are trained to be anti-social on Mythic +...not so much in BGs.
    But Mythic + is a race against the clock. You cant communicate very well.
    And because you get rewards you have no need to communicate further.
    Helping a person in need on other stuff however will force communication in some way

I THINK, not sure.

What do you think?
    I think if you stop treating M+ as a race for rewards and are fine not hitting the timer and just concentrate on completion, that would make a couple of friends on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Social? What to talk about with some random kid? Weather? Trump? Cmon...
    talk about life.

Lessons learned

How to be good

How to deal with evil

A bit offtopic.
    Like Det said, people expect Classic WoW to magically be social again....by magic, just like in the old days.

No

You can do exactly that in current WoW but people choose to not do it IMO
    they wont in classic either.

but i wont lie - i cannot wait for all the shitstorm and cries on forums about people who will feel lied to.

"thts not what you told us classic will look like"

"those people who spoke up how shit vanilla was were actually right"

it will be so funny

- - - Updated - - -

talk about life.

Lessons learned

How to be good

How to deal with evil
    talking to people in 2019

instead typing on messanger / social media ?

disgusting idea :P

This is a good idea. Maybe I’ll find more fun in game if I just give rather than rely on instant gratification.

I fall into that category where I place an expectation on everything I do. Maybe a change of mindset will help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    This is a good idea. Maybe I’ll find more fun in game if I just give rather than rely on instant gratification.

I fall into that category where I place an expectation on everything I do. Maybe a change of mindset will help me out?
    Is really liberating at least it was for me
    The conversation at the end was very cool

Talked about life....the evil in me....what is the right thing to do...stuff like that

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done this numerous times and I think it led to my fallout with WoW. What I came to realize is that the average player is SHIT. I'm not claiming to be a god or some know it all, but I try at everything I do. If I want to do something and am passionate about it, I put the effort in and make sure I do it right. When I play a new class for the first time, I make sure I read up on what the meta talents are, what the stat priority is and what the rotation is. The guild I was in during Legion had some fallouts and we were struggling to have a decent size raid (20+) of competent players. I took it upon myself as a recently anointed officer to help gear up new recruits and see what skill level people were on. I'd either wait to see if someone needed help with keys or I'd just post in guild chat.

After months of helping various people with keys/pug raids, almost every single one performed like shit. How do I know? I used details and would parse the dungeons/pug bosses I did with them. After I'd finish the dungeon/raid w/ them, I'd tell them about various websites they could use to help them w/ talent choices, stats and what their rotation should be. Most appreciated the advice whereas some outright refused it because they wanted to play the game "their" way, to which I stopped helping them. The people that supposedly did take my advice would ask me for help because I helped them before. What I realized is that they performed the same if not worse even after carrying them through 10+ keys.

TL;DR: I don't go out of my way to help people anymore because the average player doesn't care enough to perform at a certain level for me to waste my time playing with them. I enjoy playing with competent players who know they have to actively learn their class in order to perform well.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

i don't mind helping other players out.. but since i'm casually playing the game a month or two here and there i'm usually not part of any fancy guilds(except if they throw an invite and i like the name/or spam message that usually comes with it).

however the times i've been in some of those guilds i've seen people often enough join and immediately demand help and when everyone's busy doing their own thing they throw salt around like crazy and then rage quits. that's enough to not want to help any one really.

it's great if you log in just to help other people(and enjoy it).. there's going to be plenty of people looking to exploit that generosity.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I've done this numerous times and I think it led to my fallout with WoW. What I came to realize is that the average player is SHIT. I'm not claiming to be a god or some know it all, but I try at everything I do. If I want to do something and am passionate about it, I put the effort in and make sure I do it right. When I play a new class for the first time, I make sure I read up on what the meta talents are, what the stat priority is and what the rotation is. The guild I was in during Legion had some fallouts and we were struggling to have a decent size raid (20+) of competent players. I took it upon myself as a recently anointed officer to help gear up new recruits and see what skill level people were on. I'd either wait to see if someone needed help with keys or I'd just post in guild chat.

After months of helping various people with keys/pug raids, almost every single one performed like shit. How do I know? I used details and would parse the dungeons/pug bosses I did with them. After I'd finish the dungeon/raid w/ them, I'd tell them about various websites they could use to help them w/ talent choices, stats and what their rotation should be. Most appreciated the advice whereas some outright refused it because they wanted to play the game "their" way, to which I stopped helping them. The people that supposedly did take my advice would ask me for help because I helped them before. What I realized is that they performed the same if not worse even after carrying them through 10+ keys.

TL;DR: I don't go out of my way to help people anymore because the average player doesn't care enough to perform at a certain level for me to waste my time playing with them. I enjoy playing with competent players who know they have to actively learn their class in order to perform well.
    Its alright to want competent skill level friends. I know the feeling.
    But is also nice to have low skill level friends. You can have fun in different ways.
    Your ultimate reward at the end should be having someone to talk to.

But again, is fine if you want good skilled friends. Nothing wrong with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its alright to want competent skill level friends. I know the feeling.
    But is also nice to have low skill level friends. You can have fun in different ways.
    Your ultimate reward at the end should be having someone to talk to.

But again, is fine if you want good skilled friends. Nothing wrong with that.
    I already had friends/clique that I did higher keystones/raids with but I wanted to help gear up other people in my guild. I purposefully went out of my way to help these people and almost always the same scenario unfolded: They sucked. I didn't originally decide to play with these random guildies because I thought they were good, I did so because I thought I could help them improve. All that happened was these bad players who made no effort to improve and would request my help with dungeons over and over.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Those people were using you. Sorry to hear you wasted your time on people who had no intentions of leaving the rat leagues.

Once a roach always a roach.