Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Extra AP is not converted into gold?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

i just hit 50 today, azerite wq reward nothing if you do them.

i also got a paragon cache, got the usually gold/resources, but no ap.

i was hoping it would get converted to gold or something, but oh well, might play my alts a bit more now, one's 45 and i don't play it a lot.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I have played about every day since start, only ONE character, doing missions for AP daily, world quests, raids. I am just at 44. I don't touch islands or M+, but still.
    I don't even understand how that is even possible seeing as my friend is 45 with about 3 weeks played. Something in your story isn't adding up
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I don't even understand how that is even possible seeing as my friend is 45 with about 3 weeks played. Something in your story isn't adding up
    There isn't that much AP gains daily. About 400 from missions and maybe 1500 from AP, I rarely do emissary quests and only the "blue" WQs, meaning the "slay this rare mob".

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    It makes sense to get upgraded to 50 pretty much instantly in 8.2, doubt there'll be any tears.
    I'm not sure if they're going to tweak this or not, but after getting the insta 50, I got to 55 on the PTR in about 3-4 hours played just doing normal stuff on Mechagon/getting the first essence.

I have played about every day since start, only ONE character, doing missions for AP daily, world quests, raids. I am just at 44. I don't touch islands or M+, but still.
    That doesn't sound right. I completely didn't log in a single time for over a month. I didn't play my now-main at all for at least another month early in the expansion. I've done a handful of keystones on my main and I've probably only done expeditions 3-4 weeks. And I'm 44. Not calling you a liar, but it doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    That doesn't sound right. I completely didn't log in a single time for over a month. I didn't play my now-main at all for at least another month early in the expansion. I've done a handful of keystones on my main and I've probably only done expeditions 3-4 weeks. And I'm 44. Not calling you a liar, but it doesn't make sense.
    I'm definitely agreeing with this as I just hopped back on WoW after not playing since before the first raid launched, and I got my neck from 19 to 40 in a week of lazy playing to check out if anything as changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Happychild View Post
    Currently level 49. Once I hit 50.... what do I do? Islands become useless. Half of the world quests give no reward. The daily do 3-4 world quests for a chest will give next to nothing (only 2k gold will be of any benefit). Even getting 10k rep with a faction will be significantly less useful.

So my question is, once I hit 50, what do I do? Is there any timeline as to when a higher level will be allowed?
    you beat the game

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't that much AP gains daily. About 400 from missions and maybe 1500 from AP, I rarely do emissary quests and only the "blue" WQs, meaning the "slay this rare mob".
    There are literally thousands of AP in world quests everyday. The fact of the matter is you're lying, and thinking that someone isn't going to notice. You play one toon for 5 months doing 2k worth of world quests per day and I'm supposed to believe that? Sorry bud, but you're full of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    If you won't call him a liar, I will. Because there's 0 chance his made up bullshit could be real. He plays everyday and does world quests but is behind my alt that I barely touch, along with hundreds of thousands of players? Yea. Literal bullshit

You don't do islands, world quests, missions, your daily 4 set of quests? That's like half the games content. What are you doing if you don't do any of that?
    I'm having sex with girls and going to parties. Level 50 is impressive but I'm happy at 41 and the choices I have made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    In Legion, you were allowed to sell AP tokens for exactly this reason. BFA does not yet have a fallback like that. If you are 50, you are just screwed. You will get NOTHING from most of the current repeatable content.
    Except you and the OP are wrong. All those things he mentioned: WQs, islands, and such, all have secondary rewards like rep, pets, mounts, and gold. I think that's mostly why the OP is getting slammed, because he's wrong. That content is not useless, it does not have no reward. It's like reaching the yellow hit cap on a dual wielder back in the day. You've hit a soft cap and getting more of the same thing is no longer as valuable as it was before, but it's not useless.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2019-04-21 at 04:43 AM.

I guess its just, you spend so much time every week getting so much AP (islands, world quests, missions, etc), that when its done and there's nothing more to work for, its like..... now what? Like I said in my original post, all of that content essentially becomes useless, no reason to do it. That's a large portion of the game.
    And here are plebs like me who are struggling to find time for all the content they want to do on just one character, without even doing any azerite power-rewarding stuff.... ...

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    hahaahha the irony ^^

jezus what a shit system

i understand whythey do it but its direct slap to the face with huge d...ck and laugh from blizzard to all people who wasted all those hours farming ap ^^
    I get it. You are new to wow and you missed when they did the exact same thing in legion. But does it really have to be a dick slap? Can't it just be a slap? I know this is mmo-c, but really. Grow the fuck up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    There are literally thousands of AP in world quests everyday. The fact of the matter is you're lying, and thinking that someone isn't going to notice. You play one toon for 5 months doing 2k worth of world quests per day and I'm supposed to believe that? Sorry bud, but you're full of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

If you won't call him a liar, I will. Because there's 0 chance his made up bullshit could be real. He plays everyday and does world quests but is behind my alt that I barely touch, along with hundreds of thousands of players? Yea. Literal bullshit

That's because the requirement on your alt has dropped immensely as the catch up mechanic was put in. You've gathered probably 70% less AP than others.

While those of us who kept up to date doing 1-2 points a week at either 22k, 28k or 35k (rough estimate) your alt requires nothing near that until it gets to 48.
    I play an alt now and do a single WQ and almost get about 1/6th a level at rank 40. (4726 for the level). At the start of 8.1 or 8.15 (whenever the cap was raised) that would've been 40k or 50k per level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I'm having sex with girls and going to parties. Level 50 is impressive but I'm happy at 41 and the choices I have made.
    What a low bar to set in life for yourself. Having sex and going to parties lol.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand what you mean? My neck is now 45, you say it should be higher or lower?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That's because the requirement on your alt has dropped immensely as the catch up mechanic was put in. You've gathered probably 70% less AP than others.

While those of us who kept up to date doing 1-2 points a week at either 22k, 28k or 35k (rough estimate) your alt requires nothing near that until it gets to 48.
    I play an alt now and do a single WQ and almost get about 1/6th a level at rank 40. (4726 for the level). At the start of 8.1 or 8.15 (whenever the cap was raised) that would've been 40k or 50k per level.

- - - Updated - - -

What a low bar to set in life for yourself. Having sex and going to parties lol.
    What's wrong with that? 2 of the best things you can do in life if you ask me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I called @Battlebeard a liar. I apologize to that man. I've now been shown what a real liar is

/r/Ihavesex

Ya, they really need to hotfix some AP to Gold conversion or something. Its really lame.

Islands aren't useless at all though.
    The mounts and pets are what you should do them for, especially to sell pets.

AP from them is highly overrated honestly. You could get far more from the rep boxes if you focused on that every day, but the only difference is you can do islands a thousand times, where you are limited in the rep you can get.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Now it is time to beat the game and obtain the title of Justicar.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol

/10char

Well gold and resources are always a great thing. Especially since you can use resources to buy the BoA pack to send 500 resources to alts that may not have a extremely high amount. Gold is always a boon, paragons have pets and toys and medals to give. Have you bought all the mounts? How about all the new toys, pets, shirts, BoA trinkets given by the 7th Legion Medals vendor? Or is that stuff that you have no interest in? IF its something you have no interest in that's on you... It's always funny when all those people say they got nothing to do in the game yet they only choose to take part in a small portion of it. You chose to limit the content available to you if you choose to do this!!