Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Legendary! Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    6,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    Except most games providing 30-60 hours, provide it in a very different way, the 30-60 hours of content provided in wow is not just enjoyable, which is okay, something having certain parts of a game not being enjoyable is a good thing, because it can enhance the enjoyment of other things in the game. did i enjoy dying to SMough and Ornstein in Dark ouls 1 for 2 hour straight? no. Did it make beating the fight (and the fact i improved for the rest of the game afterwards) feel fucking amazing? yes.

    Can you say the same for World quests? because if thats the case then theres no reason to even talk to eachother, we are on completely different levels then.

    The point of a grind is not to enjoy it, that is why its called a Grind, you enjoy the result afterwards. dying to smough and ornstein for 2 hours was a grind, the grind had a reward, the reward being growth which enhanced my future enjoyment.

    When i was playing Semi pro CSGO, Dry Prac for 6 hours was the bane of my existence, it was so boring. Shooting bots and plates for 2 hours a day over summer vacation to improve my aim made me want to put a gun in my mouth. I fucking Hate Death match, yet i did over an hour of it a day. It was 10+ hours a day of things I hated. in order to go to a tournament, and play well, see all that hard work pay off, having an audience scream when you make a sick a play is the absolute height of adrenaline and dopamine rushes, it is amazing, and it made all those months of hard work worth it.

    Wow has none of that anymore.

    You also said it was for casuals, its cyclical etc, but the game i bought does not fit into that description back in 2004.

    And there has not been a SINGLE patch that has given me 30-60 hours of content besides new raid tier releases, I think if you think that statement over even you can see that the majority of patches contain less than 1 day of content.
    It's possible they provide less than 60 hours of content that *you* are personally interested in. But each patch easily contains more than 60 hours worth of activities to do. That's the difference. Not every section of the game interests every player.

    Plus the base expansion provides well over 60 hours of content. The initial leveling experience alone could take that long if not rushed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Why in the world would you do that? You don't even need to go hard on grinding to unlock all trait rings, I already have them and I never do content that only rewards AP. Why would anyone willingly go beyond that?



    Because that's nothing new, systems have always had an end before in this game. Once you capped your rep to get the gear you wanted then suddenly all those dailies no longer had a point. Once you got BiS the raid no longer had a point. Once you got your full arena set then arena points no longer had a point. Etc. AP system just makes the grind take longer but it's just all the same thing with a different name and a lot of randomization crammed into it. It's a little stupid to expect a game to never have an end.
    Diablo 3 doesn't have an end, there is always a new paragon level and an additional higher greater rift level, and even if you are stuck with it, there is always the chance you roll 1% and level up your gems. So, it's entirely possible to have no end.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I have no idea why OP gets shit on. He makes a very valid point: If you finish AP suddenly lost of the game has no longer a reward. Since 8.2 is probably still more than 2 months away they should at least implement a conversion feature that converts AP to gold once you hit 50.
    What did you people do before AP was a thing geez? do that.

  4. #124
    I have to say though, it's really weird that they don't at least convert the AP into gold. In legion when people hit the cap they could just sell AP tokens.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have to say though, it's really weird that they don't at least convert the AP into gold. In legion when people hit the cap they could just sell AP tokens.
    Gold income in general seems to get nerfed. There will also be no gold missions on the table anymore.

    Seems blizzard wants to sell more tokens.

  6. #126
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Posts
    1,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Diablo 3 doesn't have an end, there is always a new paragon level and an additional higher greater rift level, and even if you are stuck with it, there is always the chance you roll 1% and level up your gems. So, it's entirely possible to have no end.
    Paragon level cap was 10k last I checked, which was a while. But your point stands. I'll be more careful next time on how I word things, could have said it's a little stupid to expect a game to never have an end without relying on meaningless grinding or something like it.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

    "If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

  7. #127
    If you have reached level 50 neck then you have finished all contents. congrats. I would suggest you level an alt and gear it up in preparation for 8.2 or try going for gladiator title in season 2 pvp.

    Also, you could try raiding to tackle jaina to get cutting edge achievement.

    If you did all of that, then it's time to take a break until 8.2

  8. #128
    Bloodsail Admiral TheVaryag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Blackrock Foundry
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Happychild View Post
    Currently level 49. Once I hit 50.... what do I do? Islands become useless. Half of the world quests give no reward. The daily do 3-4 world quests for a chest will give next to nothing (only 2k gold will be of any benefit). Even getting 10k rep with a faction will be significantly less useful.

    So my question is, once I hit 50, what do I do? Is there any timeline as to when a higher level will be allowed?
    You wait until next patch to get EVEN MORE LEVELS, because the goal post has to move every patch If not every minipatch at this point.

    I genuinly don't understand, do you enjoy grinding arbitrary levels that give you nothing at all? Just play another game at this point, leave WoW like I have for other games and see that other games, MMOs that Is can do a better job at progression than WoW. (Try Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy 14, Guild Wars 2 - as the only true competitors to WoW currently In my opinion)

    I'd like for the heart of azeroth levels to be attainable within a week or two, and that's It. Done, any armor I get after that has It's traits unlocked without more hassle. Instead of It being like Artifact Power in Legion, and the goal post being pushed every patch and you just being unable to be DONE with progression, no. You must infinitely progress In Blizzard's mind, as If having thousands of alts Is a mysterious thing for players after 14+ years that Blizzard doesn't realize.

    Gear progression is fine, for most of my alts I wouldn't mind to just go from being dinged to top level, then do normals, then heroic dungeons and done, bam. And If I want to raid or pvp on them, I do that. I go do normal raids, then heroic and done (No mythic or LFR don't need so many difficulties). And If I wanna PvP, I go do random BGs/Arenas where I farm for Honor gear, once I have that I do Rated BGs/Arenas and keep doing that.


    Easy progression, that Blizzard has -already- done, but they just insist in reinventing the wheel and then reinventing the wheel's wheel every expansion Instead of using the above mentioned format that has worked relatively well for most of WoW's expansions.
    Banned on WoW since April 2015 because Blizzard doesn't wanna help me when my account got hacked, Is being hacked not a good reason to return my account to me, Blizzard? I'm looking to speak to representatives and members of Blizzard's CS and other departments to help me fix this situation, since CS has failed me I want to seek other official channels. Feel free to message about this

  9. #129
    I am Murloc! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Happychild View Post
    You don't do islands, world quests, missions, your daily 4 set of quests? That's like half the games content. What are you doing if you don't do any of that?
    What about actual challenging content ? Instead of this stupid nobrain grind ?

    Why are you even grinding your HoA if not to actually play with ? Push MM+ ? Kill Jaina MM ? Kill Uu'nat MM ? Tag in arenas or RBGs ?
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    The thing is, you did not need to play two factions at level 110 for the rewards. Now you need both an alliance char and a horde char at endgame level.

    One of the neat tricks we already know from blizzard. If i could take a guess, blizzard wants altoholics to play both horde and alliance, to even out the faction balance. Well, and they want to sell time /played for leveling that new horde or alliance char all up to level 120.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you need a 110 Horde character to do the unlock scenario for High Mountain and Nightborne and a 110 Alliance character for Lightforged and Void Elf unlock scenarios? IIRC, you could have the rep unlocked on any character but you still had to have an appropriate faction character at 110 to do the scenarios.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    What did you people do before AP was a thing geez? do that.
    Well, whenever I could not progress anymore and all current content was meaningless I unsubscribed. Thats what I am doing now, but I am pretty sure that is not what Blizzard wishes me to do. And it is nit what I want ro do. So we have two parties agreeing that they don't want me to unsub and yet I am doing it. Do you see why this is a problem?

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Happychild View Post
    I guess its just, you spend so much time every week getting so much AP (islands, world quests, missions, etc), that when its done and there's nothing more to work for, its like..... now what? Like I said in my original post, all of that content essentially becomes useless, no reason to do it. That's a large portion of the game.
    Welcome to what everyone asked for with the Legion artifact system.

    People complained endlessly that they felt they still had to grind out AP, even when it didn't give them any noticeable power increase. So Blizzard 'fixed' that - Now there's a hard cap on levels that is very easy to reach long before the next patch. There's no possible way that you can feel AP is 'too grindy' when you hit max level long before the next patch - So now the system just kills itself over time, becoming entirely worthless by the end of each patch.

    This is what happens when people don't understand what they're asking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  13. #133
    SO many posts trashing the OP for no reason. OP, play the game how you want and don't listen to the fucking morons criticizing you for liking a certain part of the game.

    If you a grindy type of gameplay some options are:

    -Leveling an alt
    -Farming, Mounts/Tmogs etc.
    -There are tons of guild who would love someone to help farm mats for consumables.
    -Grind some old school reps. Some give titles, tabards, etc.
    -Fishing
    -Achievements


    And I'm sure a bunch of other shit that was listed earlier in the thread.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Well, whenever I could not progress anymore and all current content was meaningless I unsubscribed. Thats what I am doing now, but I am pretty sure that is not what Blizzard wishes me to do. And it is nit what I want ro do. So we have two parties agreeing that they don't want me to unsub and yet I am doing it. Do you see why this is a problem?
    Pretty sure more people unsubbed BECAUSE of the AP grind than stay subbed because of it.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Having your neck at level 50 means you played this game ALOT. My neck is level 44 and I feel I even focused too much on azerite. If you are at level 50 and get bored, you kinda have to suit yourself for kind of "overplaying" the game. I do not judge, but I don't think you can't be at level 50 with a healthy relationship to the game. You simply played too much. There should be no "fix" to this, most players are not near level 50.
    Funny, I am at 46 and haven't focused on Azerite at all.

  16. #136
    I did so many friggin' islands I'm a hair away from hitting 50 on my neck.

    Got a single island mount to show for it. >.>;

    Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

  17. #137
    be prepared to see what BFA really is. i stopped caring about AP when I quit raiding and realized how little there is to do in the game. spent awhile doing mostly old content then decided to play other games.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    The thing is, you did not need to play two factions at level 110 for the rewards. Now you need both an alliance char and a horde char at endgame level.

    One of the neat tricks we already know from blizzard. If i could take a guess, blizzard wants altoholics to play both horde and alliance, to even out the faction balance. Well, and they want to sell time /played for leveling that new horde or alliance char all up to level 120.
    You need to play alliance for an alliance allied race unlock. How shocking and unbelievable! If you do not like playing alliance it shouldn't matter to you. I barely play alliance and do not have KT unlocked. I dont feel like I am missing anything because I probably will never level another alliance character except the one I currently have for alliance perspective lore only.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I did so many friggin' islands I'm a hair away from hitting 50 on my neck.

    Got a single island mount to show for it. >.>;
    At 50 since 2 weeks, did only the weekly islands for the bonus mission.

    @Topic
    So many thing you can grind in WoW, I will never understand how the current newest grind is all what people see. 14 years of content, years of /playtime to do and this kind of topics is what this game gets.

    => Quit WoW and play your shooter-of-the-month or racing game of your choice and enjoy game content made for a few hours.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  20. #140
    what now? you seem to be finding out what most of us already knew from legion, that this system encourages you to quit and come back towards the end of the expac, you'll catch up nearly instantly without putting in the work.

    either quit and wait for classic, or quit until the final raid tier, or quit and uninstall. bfa gives you so many different ways of quitting!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •