Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Negativity taking over forums?

Original post:
    Music team, art team, developers team. Why being so negative? Have we all forgotten what it means being a human? Are you the best in your job? You try but are you? Criticism is part of us to develop in our career, our personality, social practical and theoretical but when too much negativity comes around saying everyone should be fired seems more like a desire of wanting for Blizzard-Activision just completely disappear and take them down from one way or another, simply because they don't exceed your expectations as a gamer, that's childish, uncreative, shows lack of respect. In the second you try take a company down, your advantage to have a reason on the arguments just vanish. Because it stops being arguments to just talk bad and have no sense, since the only objective is to destroy the company from it's core.

Wake up! You're no god to be disrespectful to blizzard the way you are. Decontaminate, purge all that anger you have inside yourself. Come up yourself with concepts, structures, detailed explanations and try it best yourself and in the end you'll see you probably you have the same issues as blizzard and give them more value. They want money, ye and so what? So do you. Do you work for what? Because you don't need money? You don't have taxes either? That's even the reason why you don't like to give them money to their game when it doesn't reach the state you want to reach because you need it for in real life bills and taxes and not waste in something you can't enjoy. Marketing and merchandising will always be part of the present days now more than ever and there's nothing you can do about it but to accept, that's the system we have in the whole world. Having passion in what they do and pleasing everyone it's not a simple thing to do as some people paint it to be. As you do all like different things, maybe so does the team. New workers maybe don't even have much experience but if the company don't take anyone then you'll have the company destroyed forever. Is this what you want? In all honesty? Talk about the issues, do what you please, but DO NOT tell blizzard who they need to fire, that's between the company and the company itself. This much negativity surrounding everything blizzard do ends up being the reason why we can't appreciate anything they do at some point because "we" are so used to criticize "them" that will instantly be disqualified everything they do.

They failed on expansions? They failed on content? Comment about it, say you're not enjoying it but to the point you start criticizing Ion in the most horrible way possible, saying they are terrible, you even put down the positive spirit he might have, even if it's a little, and the more you complain and say the company sucks, the less effort they decide to have because "no one is happy with anything we do". With this kind of pressure there's only 2 options you might see:
    1. They get so tired of being criticized and stop trying and you'll see everyday more lazy design, content, etc or
    2. They will actually try and get better

But the 2nd one is so hard to keep up when you feel you let down a whole community and you don't know how to get out of that hole.
    Please, have more conscious to what you say and think before you speak/type. When i say "you" i mean in general cause i really don't know how to talk in particular when it's a big part of a community, if you feel you're not part of this, don't take it personally.
    Edited post:
    After many throats cut and fights, i understood that people that just joined recently like me, won't understand the old members hatred.
    I came to the conclusion that the approach of old members weren't very welcoming but in the end all has it's explanation and as to why they act this way: is because before we joined here and any forum, on Betas/Alphas/PTRs all this members have done nothing but trying to improve the game and all aspects of it, they were not only ignored as blizzard as well removed/deleted most of their posts and end up saying they had no feedback and this people having no proof to sustain their reasons, whenever someone new that doesn't know this shows up, saying they are a bunch of whiners and pests for criticizing everything, gets on their nerves, because they tried in a civil way and positive way as we newbies do, to make things work and this makes them being less friendly as well.

Solution:
    Even if we are not in the same side of opinions, we should at least, between us people, be more friendly to make this forums have a more positive connotation with good or bad feedback, going against each other is an awful ritual that brings our moods down. You have all the right to be pissed if that is what you feel like, but don't throw on people that did nothing to you.
    I will always be critique as we are all going to be critique, otherwise, what was the point of this forums, feedbacks, etc?
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-05 at 12:03 AM. Reason: New retrospectives

10+ Year Old Account
    "Don't hurt their wittle feewings! You mean ole' bullies!" - You

The only thing worse than a White Knight is a BLizzard apologist. The people that realize the game is awful right now and actively defend Blizzard despite this knowledge. At least the white knights have the "blinded by fanboyism" excuse.

"LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!"

Yeah, I know, it's an old meme, but I find it very relevant here.

WoW sucks. Deal with it.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Don't try, the forums are already infested with those pieps, not being able to loose bond with their Stockholm Syndrom. It's nice pointing out but, it would only attract those who will reject your opinion and bash their opinion down your throat. Almost all of the time you could just stand in own created threads or the speculation one during the near announcement of new stuff or dataming. It's sad, but well don't let your mood get puiled down and enjoy what you like.

Two responses, both immediately trying to use ridicule to discredit the topic instead of actual arguments, with little more than "no u" as content.

Guess you'll at least work as examples.

The forums have always been super negative and full of people complaining. Negativity has taken over the forums in vanilla already.

And tbh that's normal. Usually people that are happy about the game won't go to the forums and spam how much they like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Don't try, the forums are already infested with those pieps, not being able to loose bond with their Stockholm Syndrom. It's nice pointing out but, it would only attract those who will reject your opinion and bash their opinion down your throat. Almost all of the time you could just stand in own created threads or the speculation one during the near announcement of new stuff or dataming. It's sad, but well don't let your mood get puiled down and enjoy what you like.
    For what i have seen, i'm already prepared for seeing some people coming for my throat. But, it needs to be said as they say so much bad about blizzard, it goes both ways. When it's on the contrary side of the story, it's less fun.

Well then, it's kinda like a bingo with "blizzard shill", "white knight" "fanboy mantras", "bubble sheltered plebs".. I kinda miss more good titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost no point in arguing, especially if they just call you names or just use non substance arguments.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's horrible. But this forum is the pinnacle of a whiny forum minority. Most people just play and enjoy the game and prbly never made single forum post in their wow "career".

If you are really in a mood to get pissed an to get filled with negativity just come on mmo champion. They never fail to deliver the "wow was better X months ago" attitude since 15 years. Ah yeah and ofc currently is ALWAYS the worst point in wow history. ZzZZzZ
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh I remember when I was new to online gaming too. OP You’ll grow used to it over time. But in this example Blizzard deserve their criticism. They’ve only really done reeeaaaal bad two times overall in WoW. That’s WoD and now BFA. 8.2 is seeming like it will right the ship, but for most people it’ll be too little too late.

The negativity towards the game is very much deserved though.

There's a difference between negativity and criticism.

As far as I know the forum was always filled with negative people. The reason why the negativity is taking over forums now is because quality of WoW is going down.
    Of course, some people are using a good criticism, but other are just following the trend(sometimes without brain).

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Ahh I remember when I was new to online gaming too. OP You’ll grow used to it over time. But in this example Blizzard deserve their criticism. They’ve only really done reeeaaaal bad two times overall in WoW. That’s WoD and now BFA. 8.2 is seeming like it will right the ship, but for most people it’ll be too little too late.
    I think there's other ways to say something, more constructive than just grab a lazy word as "terrible" to justify everything when you don't like. That's my point on this thread and even less telling who they should fire, like put your damn nose on your business. Everyone has free speech but the free speech is not just throwing complaints, it's called "speech" for a reason. You do a nice omelette, someone doesn't like eggs and says: THIS IS TERRIBLE!
    Could just say: I don't like eggs so therefore i don't know if this is good, the texture seems nice but the flavor? Since i don't like eggs, i can't give my opinion.
    There are ways of interacting and give CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-03 at 10:13 PM.

Honestly I think what you are seeing is a small minority being vocal in their negativity, while most people either pay their $15 and enjoy the game, or just quit without drama. Never forget that the people posting on any forum, including Blizzard's, is a tiny fraction of the player base.

It's always the dumbest dogs that bark the loudest whenever anyone geta close to the fence, same goes with these forum posters. The dumbest ones are the ones who complain the loudest for the sake of complaining, really. It's nothing new.

There is nothing positive about BFA so what exactly do you expect? God damn white knight's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchPrime View Post
    There is nothing positive about BFA so what exactly do you expect? God damn white knight's.
    Even the very Meh of games have positive qualities, there is almost no game that has no positive qualities(Asset flip one from steam might be one of them and WoW is far from that).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing you can do is tell someone there art is perfect when it's not. Activision Blizzard made a really bad expansion and they need to be told that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    There's a difference between negativity and criticism.

As far as I know the forum was always filled with negative people. The reason why the negativity is taking over forums now is because quality of WoW is going down.
    Of course, some people are using a good criticism, but other are just following the trend(sometimes without brain).
    Yes. There's a difference between criticism and negativity but when the criticism is not pointed right it will attract what i call negativity because the criticism is poor and will not give an insight for others to understand and it starts spreading until no one takes time to actually explain why is this bad or what not. And many say they are unsubbed for years yet you are still here instead of minding your own business to join the drama and negativity and since you don't play for years you don't even know how things are going, are going bad? Yes. But what is the value of your opinion if you haven't been around, what good or difference does it make? People that are subbed and have been playing on a daily basis have more insight of everything and can do a better criticism, if not, then it will add negativity in every post. I joined MMO champion because i play the game and because i'm concerned with certain aspects and i love to see the opinions but they are so negative most of them. I barely see a post or someone that has the same point of view as me, which is trying together to find a way and try figure the root of the problems. Will this make any difference? Maybe not. Probably or definitely not. But it's better than saying "fire the whole team". Look, i know people probably hate me right now for what i am saying but that's the truth of it, if you don't have anything useful to say don't play the rambo role and smash blizzard.