Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Yeah I guess you're right, the reason why the majority of people have left is probably because they really enjoyed the game and were having fun.
    Your guessing now lol man you are funny thats not what im seeing lately im seeing alot of my realms with ques now just to log into WoW BFA lately.

  2. #342
    I am Murloc! sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    5,953
    for me it seems they doing lot of work in 8.2, so i have hope for BFA ?
    i'll play 8.2 it seems, but i admit i'm caution a little, maybe i'll wait and see
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    Reddit is never negative.
    Every time people explain why "BFA sux" I'm more convinced the game is actually fine. Every expansion has had issues.
    Haha, what? There's negativity no matter where you go, Reddit especially. The WoW subreddit regularly has people complaining about how negative everyone is about WoW. It's a place for discussion, no different than mmo-champ.

  4. #344
    The Unstoppable Force Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eorzea
    Posts
    24,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Yeah I guess you're right, the reason why the majority of people have left is probably because they really enjoyed the game and were having fun.
    I mean other games are making "refugee guides" for the leaving WoW players.

    I found that quite awesome and welcoming tbh.

    And yeah it is the majority mate. Not even WoD had it this bad. There is loads to do in BFA but most of what there is to do just isn't worth doing.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-18 at 11:57 PM.
    Unworthy is the rule whose subjects seek the solace of false gods.. Gaius Van Baelsar (Final Fantasy 14)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    FF14 is the best MMO on the market right now. (Me)

  5. #345
    Banned Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the Pet Sematary... Phear me!
    Posts
    23,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Yeah I guess you're right, the reason why the majority of people have left is probably because they really enjoyed the game and were having fun.
    Citation needed. Saving you some time: You have nothing to cite. No data, no facts, nothing but feels.

    In fact, most servers on my list show the same pop now as they did early on. Including the ones staying at Full even during off hours such as 5:AM.

    If people could at least stop pretending to know this crap, it'd be possible to see something new once in a while.
    "This game sucks right now, that's why everyone's leaving" got old back in WOTLK.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Haha, what? There's negativity no matter where you go, Reddit especially. The WoW subreddit regularly has people complaining about how negative everyone is about WoW. It's a place for discussion, no different than mmo-champ.
    Yeah, never understood why people claim that Reddit is somehow free of negativity.

  6. #346
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    27,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Am willing to bet most people try titles and just don't fall for them.
    I've tried and sometimes stuck with several other MMORPGs, WoW still remains the top dog in terms of overall quality as well as stability in terms of its future.
    The secret weapon for any MMO is player investment in the game. Stability and longevity are important returns. My view is that many players don't have the patience to invest in MMO's that are 80%-90% just like other MMO's. Especially the sort of player that plays an MMO every day for months or years.

    I don't really have that issue as I've been a once-or-twice-a-week player of WoW for a long while now. I have the time to invest a little something in a promising game. I'm playing in four MMO-type games now; two with a subscription (both payable from within the game). So I'm patient and have some time to invest a little each week in all of them. It's a very nice way to play. Much nicer than when I was playing X or Y every single day. Variety is good.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

    To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Nothing so needs reforming as other people's opinions."

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Citation needed. Saving you some time: You have nothing to cite. No data, no facts, nothing but feels.
    Yeah that's true dude, I don't have anything to cite because Blizzard stopped reported their sub numbers. They probably did that because their game is as popular as ever and people of all ages are just flocking to play this exciting game that continues to improve year after year.

    Blizzard just doesn't want to show off their high and stable sub count because it would make other companies feel bad. Seriously I don't know why you people are so adamant about backing Blizzard in this way. You can like the game all you want and praise certain systems in the game to your hearts content ... but to deny something that's so ridiculously obvious like the game declining in popularity because lots of people don't like it is completely pointless and just makes you look like a Blizz dick rider.

  8. #348
    Banned Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the Pet Sematary... Phear me!
    Posts
    23,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Yeah that's true dude, I don't have anything to cite because Blizzard stopped reported their sub numbers. They probably did that because their game is as popular as ever and people of all ages are just flocking to play this exciting game that continues to improve year after year.

    Blizzard just doesn't want to show off their high and stable sub count because it would make other companies feel bad. Seriously I don't know why you people are so adamant about backing Blizzard in this way. You can like the game all you want and praise certain systems in the game to your hearts content ... but to deny something that's so ridiculously obvious like the game declining in popularity because lots of people don't like it is completely pointless and just makes you look like a Blizz dick rider.
    And singing a song that's literally been sung for over a decade by now with nothing to show for it makes you look like... well, I shouldn't say, infractions are a thing. The game was literally dying and the worst ever and everyone was leaving even back when the game retained 12 million, according to these forums. Not to mention when even 14 months of drought held 5 million during a highly polarizing expansion to boot.

    Fact of the matter however is that Blizzard's sticking to the new gauge (business standard these days) of MAU. Some taking that to mean that the game is worse off than ever before, even in the face of continued profits and sales of expansions, is just par for the course. There's always the tinfoil hat people.

    Meanwhile, 10 years more from now... We're already a decade+ from when I first saw the "this game's tanking in popularity and literally nobody's going to keep making or playing it"-narrative being thrown around.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-04-19 at 01:30 AM.

  9. #349
    You won't find positivity here. MMO-c is full of grown ups who act like children saying how shit the game is now & how good it was before.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And singing a song that's literally been sung for over a decade by now with nothing to show for it makes you look like... well, I shouldn't say, infractions are a thing. The game was literally dying and the worst ever and everyone was leaving even back when the game retained 12 million, according to these forums. Not to mention when even 14 months of drought held 5 million during a highly polarizing expansion to boot.

    Fact of the matter however is that Blizzard's sticking to the new gauge (business standard these days) of MAU. Some taking that to mean that the game is worse off than ever before, even in the face of continued profits and sales of expansions, is just par for the course. There's always the tinfoil hat people.

    Meanwhile, 10 years more from now... We're already a decade+ from when I first saw the "this game's tanking in popularity and literally nobody's going to keep making or playing it"-narrative being thrown around.
    I'm trying to understand what you actually think of the game; I really don't care about narratives that the morons on this forum have been bandwagoning for years and years. Do you deny that the game continues to decline in popularity? if so, why? Do you think those profits are coming from high player retention and satisfaction? or is there another reason?

    Lets here your opinion buddy, assuming that you actually have one and aren't just latching onto old narratives to use as a counterpoint that doesn't actually disprove anything.

  11. #351
    The Lightbringer Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    3,935
    Another expansion that is a miss in wow historial. Most of the content is nice since comes from Legion but a bit more pulled. However the current classes gameplay is kinda boring but at least they aren't really far behind in terms of damage output, taking away master loot, the HORRIBLE storyline and self entitlement from the devs hasn't help out the already negative view of the expansion.

    If only the allied races were the feature of another expansion with Ogres and Vrykul instead of the thic boys from KT but instead that ideas was wasted and probably will be tainted by this mediocre expansion, just like housing because of WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  12. #352
    I won't say the game is necessarily bad. I will say that it isn't for me really. Years ago, I enjoyed it. Now I realize it's more of just the same for the most part... That being a lot of rinse and repeat of level, grind gear, wait for a reset patch, do it again, etc.

    I will say the leveling wasn't too bad. Music is good as always. Their cinematic team is top notch as well. Outside of that I just have no real desire to continue it.

    If I'm going to pay for a subscription fee, I may as well dump it on FF14 because I feel in that game they do a lot of things right in comparison. Such as allowing you to multiclass on one character and I genuinely do enjoy the professions in FF versus wow's gutted professions.

    Perhaps it's because I'm over 30 now and my general mood towards gaming has changed versus 10+ years ago. I have no real desire for classic, either because I went through that way back when and I have no desire to spend that much time doing things again coupled with I can hard pass on casting two spells and being OOM on a low-level caster. Or getting fucked when my spell misses.

    I won't bash people that enjoy it, however. I can still see the general appeal for wow because it isn't technically a bad game. It just isn't for me.

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And singing a song that's literally been sung for over a decade by now with nothing to show for it makes you look like... well, I shouldn't say, infractions are a thing. The game was literally dying and the worst ever and everyone was leaving even back when the game retained 12 million, according to these forums. Not to mention when even 14 months of drought held 5 million during a highly polarizing expansion to boot.

    Fact of the matter however is that Blizzard's sticking to the new gauge (business standard these days) of MAU. Some taking that to mean that the game is worse off than ever before, even in the face of continued profits and sales of expansions, is just par for the course. There's always the tinfoil hat people.

    Meanwhile, 10 years more from now... We're already a decade+ from when I first saw the "this game's tanking in popularity and literally nobody's going to keep making or playing it"-narrative being thrown around.
    There are 2 indicators of how unpopular WoW is.
    1.Twitch numbers have droped significantly.Most of the time they are under 20k
    2.www.wowrealmpopulation.com it is no where near at what Servers were before WoD
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

  14. #354
    The Unstoppable Force Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eorzea
    Posts
    24,102
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    There are 2 indicators of how unpopular WoW is.
    1.Twitch numbers have droped significantly.Most of the time they are under 20k
    2.www.wowrealmpopulation.com it is no where near at what Servers were before WoD
    Eh. Don't always use Twitch numbers as a metric personally.

    Main reason being there are hugely popular games like ESO, Warframe and FF14 with low viewer counts but have decent populations ingame.

    However you are right. The viewership for WoW is down and the only time it sees any surge is during the MDI/PvP events or when Method have like 20 streams of the same raid going.
    Unworthy is the rule whose subjects seek the solace of false gods.. Gaius Van Baelsar (Final Fantasy 14)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    FF14 is the best MMO on the market right now. (Me)

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eh. Don't always use Twitch numbers as a metric personally.

    Main reason being there are hugely popular games like ESO, Warframe and FF14 with low viewer counts but have decent populations ingame.

    However you are right. The viewership for WoW is down and the only time it sees any surge is during the MDI/PvP events or when Method have like 20 streams of the same raid going.
    They have low view counts because they’re boring to watch. FF14 and eso are both pretty damn boring to play as well, eso isn’t too bad though.

    Summit tried playing warframe for a while and ninja tried playing FF14, neither of those two (huge) streamers could break these games into the top 15-20. I will say I actually enjoyed warframe even though it’s not really my style.

    Regardless, there’s really no metric that’s good to use to measure popularity. If we use twitch views than FF14 and eso are literally dead. We can’t use subscribers for FF14 or WoW. Only thing we have is MAUs and even then I’m not sure how I feel about that. Anyone using the realm popularity or characters at max level metrics to determine anything is just wrong, too many things to consider there. Only way is to just assume really. Blizzard released a statement talking about their cash cows, I believe it was Candy crush, WoW and some other activism game, this was when they talked about giving more resources to these games. That’s all the info we really have.

    Either way, I’m super excited for 9.0 because it seems that’ll be the time they remove or fix TF and also lower gear sources which are the biggest problems with gearing right now. I’m skeptical but a few other things they said made it clear they wanna add to the game again (talents, abilities, etc). So when that happens (if it does) I’ll be happy. Currently BfA is trash, 8.2 will make it okay but it won’t fix the fundamental issues. I’m skeptically hyped for the future but that’s about it.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-19 at 11:04 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •