Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    There's a difference here, though. One is refusing to even look at or consider other opinions. The other(like me) looks at the state of the game and constantly sees a repeated pattern of anti-consumer and poor game design and criticizes it.
    Ok. But like you said, people need to consider the view of others.

The mistake is in assuming that people like me are being negative just for negativity's sake, which is false. My views of Blizzard and WoW are a direct result of poor design and repeated disregard for players, which deserves all the negativity it gets.
    Your view is not the only one. Nor can it be considered the correct one. Yet your sentence seems to indicate you are right and others are wrong.

You just described the Sunk Cost Fallacy. Nice work.
    Direct c/p from google for those interested:

"The Sunk Cost Fallacy.

The Misconception: You make rational decisions based on the future value of objects, investments and experiences. The Truth: Your decisions are tainted by the emotional investments you accumulate, and the more you invest in something the harder it becomes to abandon it."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deg View Post
    Tldr; .
    Yeah, i dont think you know what Tldr means. Alt acc either way, Ban inc.

10+ Year Old Account
    The work and talent of the artists, musicians and narrative team behind WoW continue to create this wonderful and immersive world... Unfortunately the systems team (at least until 8.2) have spent several years making classes less fun to play and game systems more repetitive and random, which drags people right back out of that immersive world. There's two groups within Blizzard working totally at odds with one another.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Personally I think people need to take breaks, it’s next to impossible to please everyone on the gameplay end. They implement new systems all the time to keep things fresh, but yea it’s an older game. Think it sucks? Take a break, I’ve been there. I just returned and haven’t played since WoD. It’s like a brand new game again. I was absolutely done in WoD as well, hated the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Ok. But like you said, people need to consider the view of others.
    Considerations does not mean acceptance. This is a concept that people struggle with. And I completely understand why it might seem like I'm dismissive of people's opinions, but that's largely because they can't see me sitting in my computer chair reading and considering what they're saying. They only see the response.

I admit, I could probably do a better job of writing in such a way to make it more obvious that I'm taking into account what people say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Your view is not the only one. Nor can it be considered the correct one. Yet your sentence seems to indicate you are right and others are wrong.
    Confidence and belief in my own opinion and argument doesn't mean I'm right, nor does it mean my views are the only ones of importance. It just means that I speak my opinion with confidence, and am not willing to easily be swayed by other opinions with less evidence or less conviction, especially when those opinions are based on stereotypes or bad logic.

If it appears that I'm telling other people that they're wrong, it's because they're engaging in weak arguments, which in many ways ARE wrong. Like when Rhorle accused me of labeling "anyone who is positive or hates the negativity". I don't stereotype like that. If a person is being positive about something that deserves it, more power to them! But when I see someone praising things which I feel are anti-consumer or deeply flawed, I'm going to call it out. If that person can't then defend their opinion, then they should admit it and reconsider. I've done it. I had to eat my words on both Anthem and The Division 2 when new evidence came to light.

The main thing about WoW is that there's a MUCH larger body of evidence, and a much more heavily established pattern of poor behavior and design out of Blizzard. It's MUCH easier for me to maintain my opinion of these poor practices, and there's a wealth of evidence to support me. That doesn't mean people can't still enjoy the game. All they have to do is ignore the shitty things Blizzard is doing. Ignorance is bliss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    the more you invest in something the harder it becomes to abandon it.
    It's important to note that "invested" means both financially or emotionally, and can apply to both physical items or even ideas!

For a great many people that means it can be difficult to even think about the idea that what they like might have flaws.

The arts pretty good, the zone design are pretty good, and raid designs are pretty good outside of maybe a couple bosses.

The problem is really that the negatives kinda outweigh the positive. 8.2 is fixing some things but so far not enough to make me gain interest back in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    The arts pretty good, the zone design are pretty good, and raid designs are pretty good outside of maybe a couple bosses.

The problem is really that the negatives kinda outweigh the positive. 8.2 is fixing some things but so far not enough to make me gain interest back in the game.
    Agree - The secondary stuff is pretty good - the raids themselves and boss design imo is on par with other expacs - the classes, and the reward structure is where my issues lie, and 8.2 does nothing to improve that situation, and in some cases makes it worse. I really dont think 8.2 does anything even close to enough to bring anyone back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty simple, just about everything is a downgrade from Legion, with even less repeatable and interesting content/zones.

Even MoP was better by this point IMO.

I actually love the Mechagon content and will probably sub for a month or two to grind it out and play the 5-man with friends. That's it for me until the last patch of the expansion though. They had better hit it out of the park for the next expansion reveal later this year.

FFXIV has a new expansion coming in two months and that will be taking priority for quite some time.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Catgirl View Post
    Even MoP was better by this point IMO.
    That's a hard pill to swallow for mop fanbois though innit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    That's a hard pill to swallow for mop fanbois though innit
    I just vastly preferred the Vale of Eternal Blossoms dailies and Thunder Isle content more is all.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Catgirl View Post
    I just vastly preferred the Vale of Eternal Blossoms dailies and Thunder Isle content more is all.
    inb4 "I MISS MOP" battalion jumps in with "WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY EVEN MOP"

But yea, even that was better than this... which, back then i couldn't even imagine what could have possibly been worse than that

The positive side is that it gives me more hours per day

Positivity will come back when the game isn't shit

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Personally I think people need to take breaks, it’s next to impossible to please everyone on the gameplay end. They implement new systems all the time to keep things fresh, but yea it’s an older game. Think it sucks? Take a break, I’ve been there. I just returned and haven’t played since WoD. It’s like a brand new game again. I was absolutely done in WoD as well, hated the game.
    I've taken breaks since WoD, on and off with a few months in between.
    Problem now is like I want to play wow, pay for a month's sub, log in and then realise all my favorite classes play like shit and I log off again.
    No amount of breaks are gonna make my classes feel fun again, only Blizz can fix that and so far it seems it won't happen before next expansion. Doesn't matter if the content is great when playing it feels dull and just bad. I rather just go play on a MoP private server and get som semblance of proper class design back.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    My case :

Classic - TBC - Wotlk - Cata - literally 0 breaks
    I took 2 massive breaks during mop and one almost 3 year break from mid draenor to the end of a legion and now i'm just waiting for classic again

It's not the fact that you get burned out or you get fed up with the thing, regardless of how good it is and you need a break, it's just their approach to the game and to loyal customers that's been getting worse and worse. There is and always been an argument that you better please the casuals rather than hardcore / semi-hardcore players because casual players are just more when it comes to % of a total playerbase, but what they're missing is the fact that casuals will always come and go, but you please hardcore and semi-hardcore players and they won't go anywhere, they'll stay here and keep the engine rotating, but they're right there at the edge of crossing the very last line, for me at least

give me more than 4 dps buttons/ 1-2 dps cooldowns/ 1-2 utility buffs / 1 cc . This company makes billions and designs the classes and rotation for a 10 year old. It's like playing hello kitty island adventure baby first mmo. Like some sick f2p game. Fix those issues.

Then maybe I will be more positive.

I have two positivities:

1. Current positivity
    My current positivity died somewhere along the lines of losing the legendary/artifact abilities and effects and gaining nothing, realizing there is no character progression but character regression and seeing that the new gameplay modes islands and warfronts are as dull as the class design. Also RNG in everything.

2. General positivity
    My general positivity is alive in that I think that next game updates and the next expansion will improve, revert and fix the shortcomings the community has been very vocal about and will bring good new features, mechanics, systems and content.

Isn't the "Current expansion is the worst expansion" a trope?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Direct c/p from google for those interested:

"The Sunk Cost Fallacy.

The Misconception: You make rational decisions based on the future value of objects, investments and experiences. The Truth: Your decisions are tainted by the emotional investments you accumulate, and the more you invest in something the harder it becomes to abandon it."

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, i dont think you know what Tldr means. Alt acc either way, Ban inc.
    i do, and it's not an alt acc.

The positivity is getting a bump this summer I hear.