Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bybis View Post
    Many dogs goes absolutely mental once the owners leaves for jobs/school. This little faggot dog lives across me, I'm so annoyed with his non stop barking, even my friends asked me how the fuck do you stay sane, that little shit just never stops barking. You can't ask dog not to bark, so they should be banned indeed.

I'm same like you OP. I bought these silicone type earbuds, it does isolates some noise at least, so I can get some shut eye.
    I have the exact same situation as you. The owner leaves very early in the morning (5.30-6am) and then the barking starts waking up everyone in the building.
    Yea, they should be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah I’m going to disagree. I think more cities have allowed an unhealthy trend from designer dogs to allowing animals where they shouldn’t be for the safety of others and the animals.

That’s how we keep getting reports of some ones Emu Killing the owner or someone’s Peacock not being allowed on a plane. This is a long time coming and I support the OP on this.

Plenty of space out in the country or rural areas for folks to have their furry toys. For the same reason ATVs aren’t allowed in the city I don’t think dogs should be in apartments or cities if that’s what the residents agree to.
    If you have a problem with designer dogs, your problem isn't with landlords allowing pets.

You don't have an argument for making dogs illegal in apartments, you just have an argument for not wanting them in an apartment you live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Yes. Maybe the first thing you have ever posted that I agree with. I have honestly grown to start really disliking dogs. I loved them as a kid, we owned one (who didn't bark at bad times) and we lived in an old building in NYC with 1 foot thick stone walls. Couldn't hear much of anything. Once I got out of college and started renting... oh my god... fuck dogs. I purposely got a town house this time I moved instead of an apartment, and you still can't escape the god damn things. BARK BARK BARK, several houses down, doesn't matter, it's just so god damn loud.

I used to be one of those "how could anyone hurt an animal?" people (minus killing them for food) but now I hear them an imagine myself strangling these dogs. I went over to one of the offenders and he said sorry for the dog and his dog hasn't been an issue since, but I will always hear another random dog waking me up now and then. They are so stupid... god forbid the 10,833rd car or person move by your yard! oh god, gotta bark EVERY god damn time anyway, right? Because THIS one is going to be the one that attacks... shut the fuck up.

Dogs are like people... there are some cute, smart, QUIET, well trained, well groomed, nice ones. However, there are also a TON of awful ones. People who can't admit to this and just unconditionally love all dogs are crazy.

Dogs should 1) have to be trained not to bark 2) Not shit/piss anywhere but the owners property. Can't accomplish either? No dog for you.
    We should make cars illegal because they're a nuisance. I mean, every time someone cuts me off, runs a red light, doesn't use a blinker, swerves out of their lane, etc. Cars should just be illegal.

You agree, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    The answer is yes.

<long rant>
    Your problem is the same as the OP. Why have you not pursued resolution through the landlord and/or law enforcement? Dogs don't need to be illegal. Behavior that breaks the law does. And lo and behold, it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Yes, that's why it's one of the bylaws in our apartment complex. We also have a bylaw against excessive noise.
    You realize that's different than dogs being illegal, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    It's not though. Our bylaws are legally binding.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Yes or no?

Neighbour who got a dog moved in a week ago and it's barking every fucking waking hour. Can't watch tv without headset because it's barking. Can't sleep longer than 7 am, because it's barking. Can't nap in the day, because it's barking.

All the landlord foes is say they will check it up but nothing happens.

Rrally should be illegal.
    Seeing as how that's not even remotely the reason landlords forbade them in the first place, no. The reason they're forbidden is because of the mess they make and potential damage to the property.

Noise complaints have nothing to do with it in the vast majority of cases, and your whining is no different than if a neighbor played loud music, got into arguments, used power tools, or any other source of similar activities.

That's what your whining should be about. Just so you know, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    It's not though. Our bylaws are legally binding.
    That means in that specific complex it is against the contract. It doesn't mean they're illegal in all complexes.

Illegal, no, but the owner should be responsible for making sure the dog isn't a nuissance to his or her neighbors. Like in the OP having the dog barking all the time like that, even if I suspect there's some hyperbole there.

Have a dog? Fine. But clean up after it when you take it outside, and either train it or have it trained so that it's not bugging strangers or barking to keep neighbors up etc.

Lots of people in my apartment complex, including my neighbor across the hall, have dogs. But they are never disruptive like the dog the OP is talking about.

What you should do is of cause to talk to the owners. But as swedish I would say, write a note and put in the mailbox. The dog probably only barks alot when s/he is alone and the owners dont know.

If nothing happens, there is no good solution. But alot of bad ones...

I'm not comfortable with the idea of there being no issue to someone keeping a dog cooped up in a moderately tiny apartment for the majority of its life. That said I've known dog owners dedicated enough to bomb it home on an hour lunchbreak every day of the week to ensure he took his dogs out in the middle of the day for 30 minutes, on top of morning and evening walks, and it would be unfair to blanket rule that such an owners accomodation is too small to keep a pet in when the'yre clearly a very loving owner...

I mean, I don't know much about dogs; but they need space and exercise, right? If you don't even own a garden, isn't it almost cruel to own a dog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Brexit: it's the dumbest WWE plotline to ever escape into real-life that can't end soon enough because everyone hates how it started, how it's going and how its going to end.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Trebuchets new meta.

No, but I think you definitely should take some of the advice people have given in this thread about contacting the landlord/property management and the owner of the dog. From what you're describing it seems like the dog is barking when left alone, so the owner might be unaware of this happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

So 1 owner can't handle their dog and suddenly all owners should be punished for it?

Dogs shouldn't be illegal but he should find a way to keep the dog quiet.

And what about children then? They also make noise that can be unbearable maybe we should having children in apartments also be illegal then.

Try to talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'm not comfortable with the idea of there being no issue to someone keeping a dog cooped up in a moderately tiny apartment for the majority of its life. That said I've known dog owners dedicated enough to bomb it home on an hour lunchbreak every day of the week to ensure he took his dogs out in the middle of the day for 30 minutes, on top of morning and evening walks, and it would be unfair to blanket rule that such an owners accomodation is too small to keep a pet in when the'yre clearly a very loving owner...

I mean, I don't know much about dogs; but they need space and exercise, right? If you don't even own a garden, isn't it almost cruel to own a dog?
    Not all dogs need a huge house to roam and be happy, nor do they absolutely need a yard. A dog should be getting daily walks - ideally in the morning and at night. Do that and they’ll be fine.

I personally think it’s cruel to not walk your dog and instead put it in a yard. They need to walk.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

If you have a problem with designer dogs, your problem isn't with landlords allowing pets.

You don't have an argument for making dogs illegal in apartments, you just have an argument for not wanting them in an apartment you live in.

We should make cars illegal because they're a nuisance. I mean, every time someone cuts me off, runs a red light, doesn't use a blinker, swerves out of their lane, etc. Cars should just be illegal.

You agree, right?

Your problem is the same as the OP. Why have you not pursued resolution through the landlord and/or law enforcement? Dogs don't need to be illegal. Behavior that breaks the law does. And lo and behold, it already is.

That's an idiotic analogy. Try harder. Cars are required, dogs aren't in addition they would be illegal if you couldn't train them not to bark, just like you cant have a car if you get caught drunk driving multiple times. The reading comprehension level on this forum is a joke. Train your damn monster yo he quiet or deal with it when I punt kick it into the next zip code.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    That's an idiotic analogy. Try harder. Cars are required, dogs aren't in addition they would be illegal if you couldn't train them not to bark, just like you cant have a car if you get caught drunk driving multiple times. The reading comprehension level on this forum is a joke. Train your damn monster yo he quiet or deal with it when I punt kick it into the next zip code.
    Wait, you think it's a bad analogy because you think cars are required?

The rest of your insult laden rant shows a few more fundamental things you may want to work on before acting superior again:

- understand the difference between a domesticated animal and a wild animal, and for that matter, a monster
    - understand that just because something isn't "required" doesn't mean it should just be illegal because its annoying to you (with your logic, we could make all guns illegal, right?)
    - understand you just stated you will gladly break the law to deal with an annoyance that isn't illegal

I'm sure I left some stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Yes or no?

Neighbour who got a dog moved in a week ago and it's barking every fucking waking hour. Can't watch tv without headset because it's barking. Can't sleep longer than 7 am, because it's barking. Can't nap in the day, because it's barking.

All the landlord foes is say they will check it up but nothing happens.

Rrally should be illegal.
    Tried to man up and talk to the owner? If u have and they still dont fix it, call the cops on em.

Wait, you think it's a bad analogy because you think cars are required?

The rest of your insult laden rant shows a few more fundamental things you may want to work on before acting superior again:

- understand the difference between a domesticated animal and a wild animal, and for that matter, a monster
    - understand that just because something isn't "required" doesn't mean it should just be illegal because its annoying to you (with your logic, we could make all guns illegal, right?)
    - understand you just stated you will gladly break the law to deal with an annoyance that isn't illegal

I'm sure I left some stuff out.
    I dont shoot my guns next to a home, I fire them in a range on the middle of nowhere. Your dog can be on the other side of my wall. The fact that you think its ok that your dog sits home barking waking me up because it gives you pleasure of companionship when you do happen to be home and you are too lazy to train it is just laughable.

I've had far more disturbances by humans in my rented apartments throughout the decades.

"Do you think having people in rented apartments should be illegal?!"

Stupid questions deserve stupid questions in return, so deal.

That means in that specific complex it is against the contract. It doesn't mean they're illegal in all complexes.
    Sure, but the OP didn't specify "illegal in all complexes." She just specified "illegal."

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah I’m going to disagree. I think more cities have allowed an unhealthy trend from designer dogs to allowing animals where they shouldn’t be for the safety of others and the animals.

That’s how we keep getting reports of some ones Emu Killing the owner or someone’s Peacock not being allowed on a plane. This is a long time coming and I support the OP on this.

Plenty of space out in the country or rural areas for folks to have their furry toys. For the same reason ATVs aren’t allowed in the city I don’t think dogs should be in apartments or cities if that’s what the residents agree to.
    What do designer dogs have to do with anything?

Your ignorance of dog breeds doesn’t change the fact that many need little space and limited exercise. Someone’s apartment Pug or Great Dane isn’t endangering anyone. An ATV is a danger to everyone, isn’t designed to automobile safety standards, does damage to roadways and doesn’t contribute to road maintenance, emergency services etc via tag fees. Not even in the same ballpark comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    I think it should be illegal to have a dog or a cat inside of a house, let alone an apartment.

But since it's not up to me, it's up to owner of the apartment to decide if he allows pets or not. If the pet is disturbing the neighbors, it should go. In some countries they have laws about so called silent hours, when you should not be making noise and disturb the peace of your neighbors. Something like from 10pm to 10am or some such.
    What do you imagine would happen to these animals once keeping them as pets is outlawed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    What do you imagine would happen to these animals once keeping them as pets is outlawed?
    That is a good question, but here is another question, consider this. With all the money that goes towards PETA and ASPCA for example, and I am going at what 20+ Years.

Is there less of a need or more of a need?

See personally, I think there are some of the mind that just as human beings over populating is A OK, over populating a lot of times designers pets is OK.

So the answer to your question I think is important to consider, but I think it's also important to consider, because this shit is really getting the fuck out of hand. We have more pets than there are human beings that can reasonably care for them, and we also have more animals being designed than could naturally exist on their own.

In my opinion yes it should be illegal to own a dog inside an apartment, the same is true I think for cats, who as of recently some have argued are having a dangerous effect on the natural wild life around them.

I think if you have a home and depending on where you live, there should be laws regulating how many pets you can own, and that you can reasonably care for. I also think there needs to be a huge crack down on breeders and importers
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh