1. #2821
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlineSamantha View Post
    On rails means it's very linear.
    thanks. kinda thought that after watching some gameplay

  2. #2822
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The only bad thing I've heard about it is that it's on rails. Haven't played it myself.

    Heads up, Sony usually does another big PSN sale in December as well for any feeling like they have to jump on deals this instant.

    Some deal might not be a deep ie Deathloop is at - 50% Off
    Well, a good on rails game is better than a barren open world game.

  3. #2823
    Mechagnome Indigenously Abled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Reservation (Thanks White People)
    Posts
    714
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

  4. #2824
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigenously Abled View Post
    wish facebook would do that, thats where all the shitbag scalpers live in todays age.

  5. #2825
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Opportunistic PR win for some good headlines. He knew this would get "leaked", and if Sony had serious issues they'd be interfacing with Activision directly. It's legit, though.

    Also, Sony probably wants to make sure their house is in order first. Some of their studios are great in this regard, others...not so much.
    Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft all released similar things. I’m most interested in the Microsoft one since, if I remember correctly, they are the only one that stated they would look at business practices with Activision-Blizzard moving forward.

  6. #2826
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft all released similar things. I’m most interested in the Microsoft one since, if I remember correctly, they are the only one that stated they would look at business practices with Activision-Blizzard moving forward.
    Microsoft isn't going to do shit. They aren't delisting CoD from their store. All 3 statements are just companies acknowledging what happened there is not ok, but none of them are actually going to try and "punish" them for it because that would hurt their bottom lines.

  7. #2827
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Microsoft isn't going to do shit. They aren't delisting CoD from their store. All 3 statements are just companies acknowledging what happened there is not ok, but none of them are actually going to try and "punish" them for it because that would hurt their bottom lines.
    As stated, Xbox is the only one who said they will look at their dealings moving forward. Hence why I typed I’m most interested in their response to the issue. If they do something, it could set an entire chain reaction that could truly bring about some major change; or, it could backfire and cost them a ton of money.
    If they made this statement and then don’t do anything then it looks like they will just back down to anything with money involved and lose them some respect later.
    Then there’s the 3rd option where nothing happens and no one remembers or holds them to their statement, and this all blows over.
    So, like I said, I’m interested in it.

  8. #2828
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    As stated, Xbox is the only one who said they will look at their dealings moving forward. Hence why I typed I’m most interested in their response to the issue. If they do something, it could set an entire chain reaction that could truly bring about some major change; or, it could backfire and cost them a ton of money.
    If they made this statement and then don’t do anything then it looks like they will just back down to anything with money involved and lose them some respect later.
    Then there’s the 3rd option where nothing happens and no one remembers or holds them to their statement, and this all blows over.
    So, like I said, I’m interested in it.
    Spoiler alert: They aren't going to do shit. There is nothing interesting about any of the 3 statements, standard PR shit to try to keep the same wide spread issues from happening in house(all 3 have already had similar issues happen in house on smaller scales).

    If you honestly humor the idea that Xbox wouldn't allow CoD on their platform anymore and had Sony a free console exclusive of one of the top selling franchises yearly on top of losing their 30% cut on sales of said top selling game... lol.

  9. #2829
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...n/chrono-cross

    With all the rumors swirling concerning a Chrono Cross remaster or remake, I thought I'd mention it. I've had a hot take on Chrono Cross for years. A few things about Chrono Cross:

    1. I played Chrono Cross before I played Chrono Trigger
    2. I always thought of "Chrono Cross" as my own little game, because....
    3. I've never met a single other person who bought and paid for and played Chrono Cross IRL
    4. ...and also because I somehow have the perception it sold poorly...
    5. ...and because I wasn't really a big fan of the game...
    6. I also played Chrono Cross later than when it came out, playing it right after the very good Shadow Hearts: Covenant(which may have been a mistake)

    I understand that by not playing Chrono Trigger when everyone else supposedly did, I missed a lot from Chrono Cross. I realize this is probably the reason I couldn't make heads nor tails of much of the story of Chrono Cross.

    I mean, I'll get it out there, I thought the story was horrible....but I never played Trigger first, and may have gotten a terrible ending.

    I just didn't like this one, and put it below a lot of other games at the time. I thought no one even played this but me, honestly, but I guess if they are remaking it, it must have been at least semi-popular right?

    Anybody care to correct me on this game being meh? I'd be glad if my poor old memory just got this one completely wrong? Any opinions? The meta average clearly sees something I didn't.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-11-29 at 08:02 PM.

  10. #2830
    Pandaren Monk Bugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darujhistan, the city of blue fire
    Posts
    1,750
    Any idea if games like Bravely default, SMT 5, Octopath traveler etc will come to PS4/ps5?

  11. #2831
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Any idea if games like Bravely default, SMT 5, Octopath traveler etc will come to PS4/ps5?
    Persona 5 immediately comes to mind. But maybe you have played it if you know of the other games? Its related to SMT in a way. Persona 5 is actually free for PS5 owners in the US if you have PS5. Not sure if other places have similar deals.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  12. #2832
    Pandaren Monk Bugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darujhistan, the city of blue fire
    Posts
    1,750
    Thanks, yes I have played P5. I was curious if some games that are right now only pn Switch (some also on PC) could be available in the future for PS5 also.

  13. #2833
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Any idea if games like Bravely default, SMT 5, Octopath traveler etc will come to PS4/ps5?
    The chance isn't 0 since Bravely and Octopath are on PC and Octopath is even on xbox(though MS funded the port, not square). The chance is also not 0 for SMTV since I guess a datamine found some text referencing potential PC/PS4 versions.

    While chance is not 0 I also wouldn't count on it happening any time soon since Square seems to be more worried about releasing AAA projects like VIIR and XVI on the PS4/PS5 and Atlus is not a company known for churning out ports in a timely fashion.

  14. #2834
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    what does that mean? never heard of such a phrase
    (not a native speaker)
    It's linear.

  15. #2835
    Wonder if we'll see VRR before the end of the year.

  16. #2836
    Scored one thanks to the PS direct sign up. I knew it was going to be big while OMG. Notification and party system isn't as fluid as PS4 IMO. Wondering if we will ever get themes. The adaptive triggers added a lot more than I thought it would and hope for a lot more integration moving forward even minimal.

    While I enjoyed Ratchet and Clank along with a couple game play mechanics feeling addictive while the replay compared to the previous felt gutted. The ability to get all achievements first round along with other aspects being much more accessible ended up feeling unrewarding. The previous felt like a good spot. More stuff out of the way and more intentful while option grinds for completionists.

  17. #2837
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Scored one thanks to the PS direct sign up. I knew it was going to be big while OMG. Notification and party system isn't as fluid as PS4 IMO. Wondering if we will ever get themes. The adaptive triggers added a lot more than I thought it would and hope for a lot more integration moving forward even minimal.

    While I enjoyed Ratchet and Clank along with a couple game play mechanics feeling addictive while the replay compared to the previous felt gutted. The ability to get all achievements first round along with other aspects being much more accessible ended up feeling unrewarding. The previous felt like a good spot. More stuff out of the way and more intentful while option grinds for completionists.
    Make sure to play the free game it comes with all the way through, Astrobot, it's really good. In my experience, most people play it for like 5 minutes and never look at it again, but it'll be some of the best PS5 content, imo, just wish it was longer. Really wish Sackboy: A Big Adventure was more like the free game that came with the console, lol, imo, it's just much better. When taken in its entirety, its genre, heavy reliance on nostalgia, and rich gameplay that makes full use of PS5 features felt more like a Nintendo first party game to me, than any other game from any other dev I can think of. It's solid, just short. Made me feel good and positive about playing, like when I first got my Dreamcast, lol.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-12-01 at 06:52 PM.

  18. #2838
    +1 for astrobot

  19. #2839
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,299
    Astrobot has no reason being as fun as it is. Younger me is jealous. I remember getting a new console back in the day and being stuck with 1 or 2 games for half the year. I would had so much fun just messing around with Astrobot.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  20. #2840
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Astrobot has no reason being as fun as it is. Younger me is jealous. I remember getting a new console back in the day and being stuck with 1 or 2 games for half the year. I would had so much fun just messing around with Astrobot.
    qft
    my 12-year old me would be in awe if this game and technology would be in his timeline

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •