Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Come on dude, it definitely hurt them
    Horizon Zero Dawn, a new IP went on to sell 20 million units and be the highest selling new IP produced from Sony.

It only hurt them in your imaginary fantasy. "You're just being contrarian" yea except I'm talking real world sales data here. Not "the internet said this game was better!".

What was Horizon supposed to sell in some fantasy world where BoTW doesn't launch? You think it hits 30 million? Doubt. Hell Horizon vastly out sold BoTW for months because Switch stock was non existent. It wasn't until months after both launches BoTW surpassed it. If you actually think it hurt it's sales in any significant way lol...

I again ask you how did Nier Automata and Persona 5 put their IPs on the map and escape being niche by daring to release in the same month as BoTW?! Again, this isn't a real thing this is some made up gamer bullshit that has no real world data to back it up.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-04-26 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Horizon Zero Dawn, a new IP went on to sell 20 million units and be the highest selling new IP produced from Sony.

It only hurt them in your imaginary fantasy. "You're just being contrarian" yea except I'm talking real world sales data here. Not "the internet said this game was better!".

What was Horizon supposed to sell in some fantasy world where BoTW doesn't launch? You think it hits 30 million? Doubt. Hell Horizon vastly out sold BoTW for months because Switch stock was non existent. It wasn't until months after both launches BoTW surpassed it. If you actually think it hurt it's sales in any significant way lol...

I again ask you how did Nier Automata and Persona 5 put their IPs on the map and escape being niche by daring to release in the same month as BoTW?! Again, this isn't a real thing this is some made up gamer bullshit that has no real world data to back it up.
    "I'll just plop a new supermarket right next to the Walmart, what can go wrong?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Honestly, I think they need to change the formula up a bit. Part 2 was pretty stale. First game I felt had a lot of room for improvement, but the second game just didn't do it for me. 3rd game could be legendary if they were just a little more ambitious.

Horizon is the Sackboy: A Big Adventure of open world games. It's alright. Amazing production values. That's it.

I know some Playstation fans who LOVE Aloy and Horizon, but think about it, do you know any gaming fans who love Aloy and Horizon but only played part 2?
    I liked 2nd more than first, since it basically just took everything the first had and made (almost) everything better. The only things I don't like is the amount of different weapons it has, it's a bit too busy. The real problem I have with Horizon though is that I don't care about the world enough to be interested in a possible game without Aloy. I'm really playing those games for Aloy and her interactions with everything. I actually find the whole dinosaur/megafauna robots a stupid idea. For same reason I'm not super excited for the next Witcher game, which CAN be great, but it doesn't have Geralt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    I liked 2nd more than first, since it basically just took everything the first had and made (almost) everything better. The only things I don't like is the amount of different weapons it has, it's a bit too busy. The real problem I have with Horizon though is that I don't care about the world enough to be interested in a possible game without Aloy. I'm really playing those games for Aloy and her interactions with everything. I actually find the whole dinosaur/megafauna robots a stupid idea. For same reason I'm not super excited for the next Witcher game, which CAN be great, but it doesn't have Geralt.
    Aloy is the most boring game protagonist of all time. Just a literal Mary Sue mumbling into herself every 5 seconds. "IF ONLY I COULD GRAB THAT LADDER, YOU KNOW, THAT ONE OVER THERE, THEN I CAN SOLVE THE PUZZLE TO GO FORWARD. DO YOU SEE IT, THESE ARE THE GPS COORDINATES IF YOU'RE BLIND".

Even Doomguy is more interesting, and he doesn't even speak.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2023-04-26 at 10:48 AM.

Talking to yourself happens, but some video game, especially horizon take it to whole new level. To the annoying level, its worse then any anime inner dialogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aloy is the most boring game protagonist of all time. Just a literal Mary Sue mumbling into herself every 5 seconds. "IF ONLY I COULD GRAB THAT LADDER, YOU KNOW, THAT ONE OVER THERE, THEN I CAN SOLVE THE PUZZLE TO GO FORWARD. DO YOU SEE IT, THESE ARE THE GPS COORDINATES IF YOU'RE BLIND".

Even Doomguy is more interesting, and he doesn't even speak.
    I do agree the game is giving too much hints on how to solve the simple puzzles it has, but I don't see an issue of Aloy talking to herself. I haven't tried to look if she is moving her lips or not, but most of the time I just think it's her inner thoughts.

"I'll just plop a new supermarket right next to the Walmart, what can go wrong?"
    Do you have any actual metrics to back your argument up? Because all existing metrics show that despite the competitive launch it was fantastically successful for them in a way that I doubt they thought was realistic.

How many units do you think it would have sold otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do you have any actual metrics to back your argument up? Because all existing metrics show that despite the competitive launch it was fantastically successful for them in a way that I doubt they thought was realistic.

How many units do you think it would have sold otherwise?
    More. We will never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we FUCKING go

Here we FUCKING go

<snip>
    Ah shit, here we go again. Day 1 collectors edition and all the DLC.

Edit: August 25th

Ahh the end of August is shaping up to be great. Baldur's gate and this.

I'm a series veteran (still have my PSX copiy of MoA with my save carried over from PP) so I'm definitely glad they've added more variety to melee weapons as that's an area I've always wanted more in. Not only that but there seem to be unique animations to them or maybe weapons in general. It looks like they're taking boss design a step further too. Mobility seems dramatically improved and more fast paced. I wonder how energy constrained we will be and if energy weapons will be viable with all of the new mobility/utility options.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I gathered from the trailer, I really liked the weapon variation. There's probably a fuckton of builds.

I'm so hyped.

And ill buy every single piece of it. I've been waiting for this series to return for so long now.

Lot of rumors swirling about the PS5 Pro, supposedly devs have started receiving dev kits.

Honestly, I don't completely dismiss the possibility but I have no clue what a Pro model could offer to justify its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Lot of rumors swirling about the PS5 Pro, supposedly devs have started receiving dev kits.

Honestly, I don't completely dismiss the possibility but I have no clue what a Pro model could offer to justify its existence.
    Same thing it did last generation: Better performance.

But I'm skeptical since this gen seems quite capable overall and I'm not sure that adding even more hardware power will have a meaningful effect beyond being able to brute force their way to more stable framerates in some games. Given that the source is still only Tom Henderson from what I can see, I'm doubly skeptical. May as well be that dude from Bloomberg who's been swearing the Switch Pro was in the works for the past like 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But I'm skeptical since this gen seems quite capable overall and I'm not sure that adding even more hardware power will have a meaningful effect beyond being able to brute force their way to more stable framerates in some games.
    With things like FSR being around now, I just don't see the point in a more powerful system right now.

Even more so when PS5's are finally able to just be bought without issue. Look at FF16 its 60fps and looks fucken amazing, I just don't see the point.

Now if they did it and removed the NVM.E SSD from being soldered on the system that would be great. Since all PS5's are fated to be e-waste once it die's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    With things like FSR being around now, I just don't see the point in a more powerful system right now.

Even more so when PS5's are finally able to just be bought without issue. Look at FF16 its 60fps and looks fucken amazing, I just don't see the point.

Now if they did it and removed the NVM.E SSD from being soldered on the system that would be great. Since all PS5's are fated to be e-waste once it die's.
    By time you have to worry about your PS5 SSD dying naturally(not counting faulty ones that die early) there will be moding solutions to just use the NVME slot for the system software, just like you can now use SD Cards on the Vita and not have to worry about those shitty memory cards that are all dying at this point.

The proprietary SSD they're using is made by them and probably way cheaper than including one installed in the NVME slot so I don't think that is going to change. Moders will be the ones fixing this down the line.

Anyways as always take "pro" rumors with a grain of salt just remember how many times a Switch Pro was supposed to release.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-05-03 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    just like you can now use SD Cards on the Vita .
    wait what? HOW??? does that work with original vita or only newer slimmer one? how do I accomplish such a miracle??

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    wait what? HOW??? does that work with original vita or only newer slimmer one? how do I accomplish such a miracle??
    Search SD2Vita and it should lead you to the right places. It works on any vita or even pstv but the original Vita needs a real sony memory card to set it up. You will need to buy an adapter that sells for like 6 bucks on amazon and a hacked console.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-05-04 at 06:29 AM.