Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Rapidly approaching the price announcement. Any predictions?
    $399/$499 price point. GoW sequel reveal, no trailer and obviously no release for it though, just something small to say it's coming. my wild Big Prediction gonna be that demon souls is release game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Digital or disc drive?
    Digital. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's cheaper than that, though.

Don't care much about the PS5 per say but look at everything being announced in this event... Damn!!!

FF XVI

New Harry Potter game

DMC5: Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    $399/$499 price point. GoW sequel reveal, no trailer and obviously no release for it though, just something small to say it's coming. my wild Big Prediction gonna be that demon souls is release game.
    well 2 for 3, though partially wrong about the GoW prediction release date, i bet it won't make 2021 though. $499 price point i'm sold.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-09-16 at 08:51 PM.

Eh, FF16 and R8 interest me the most as for the rest it ranges from call of duty somehow managing to make the cold war look boring as fuck to stuff like demons souls thats just a nice looking remake. Nothing really jaw dropping bar NEARLY A HUNDRED FUCKIN' QUID FOR A DISCDRIVE THAT PROBABLY COSTS A FIVER?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Nothing really jaw dropping bar NEARLY A HUNDRED FUCKIN' QUID FOR A DISCDRIVE THAT PROBABLY COSTS A FIVER?
    Sony's likely barely breaking even at the $500 price point, they're eating a loss at the $400 diskless version and likely a considerable one at that.

It's entirely up to whether the use of a disk drive is worth the extra $100. For some folks it will be as they prefer physical media, have slower internet/data caps, or like bargain bin hunting for used copies and shit because you can get some sweet deals there.

I'll probably stick with the disk version when I eventually pick one up.

Most exciting thing was whatever that PS+ Collection thingy is, for me. Seems like it's a stripped down, much smaller scale version of Game Pass at no additional cost, which if true is legit as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Eh, FF16 and R8 interest me the most as for the rest it ranges from call of duty somehow managing to make the cold war look boring as fuck to stuff like demons souls thats just a nice looking remake. Nothing really jaw dropping bar NEARLY A HUNDRED FUCKIN' QUID FOR A DISCDRIVE THAT PROBABLY COSTS A FIVER?
    I'm going with the discdrive cause physical usually goes cheaper pretty quickly and stays that way and don't have to wait forever hoping for a digital sale for the game you want, so can be cheaper in the long run. But than again I don't usually buy games when they first launch.

They lose 100 off the discless cause you pay them for all your games so they make up for it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Most exciting thing was whatever that PS+ Collection thingy is, for me. Seems like it's a stripped down, much smaller scale version of Game Pass at no additional cost, which if true is legit as hell.
    They're trying to counter Game Pass by throwing few PS4 games at you.

The value seems to be pretty heavily on Microsoft's favour here.

15+ Year Old Account
    How to kill xbox in 40 minutes. Sony sure was sweating!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They're trying to counter Game Pass by throwing few PS4 games at you.

The value seems to be pretty heavily on Microsoft's favour here.
    Overall, sure. But remember that Game Pass is a secondary subscription. In isolation, it absolutely delivers plenty more value for the extra what, $300ish a year with its massive library of games. Sounds like a lot, but realistically with these services only a handful of titles might be of interest to any given subscriber so the hundred+ other titles have no real value.

But this comes at no added cost beyond the $100 yearly fee for PS+, and it's got some solid third party titles in there (MK, Arkham Knight, FFXV) to boot. We'll see if they expand the library or rotate games in/out at some point, but as-is it's solid as hell on top of the free PS+ games every month and other perks.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say the more I think about it, the more Microsoft has to be kicking themselves with the Series S.

Sony is literally selling the same hardware, just without a disk, for $100 less than the Series X or disk version of PS5, and only $100 more than the stripped down Series S with weaker hardware. Sony's definitely going to be eating losses on the digital version and I sure as hell didn't expect the price to be $100 cheaper (I was expecting $50), but it makes a helluva compelling argument to shell out a bit more for the digital PS5.

The only thing this showcase made me confirm is there's no reason to buy either console til at least 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    How to kill xbox in 40 minutes. Sony sure was sweating!!!!
    I don't know, based on exclusives alone the PS5 will definitely be worth getting... eventually. But at launch, I can't think of a single good reason to get it over over Xbox. In terms of multi-platform titles, Xbox definitely seems like the better console.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm going with the discdrive cause physical usually goes cheaper pretty quickly and stays that way and don't have to wait forever hoping for a digital sale for the game you want, so can be cheaper in the long run. But than again I don't usually buy games when they first launch.

They lose 100 off the discless cause you pay them for all your games so they make up for it that way.
    Oh its absolutely the better option and even if you have top of the line internet so game downloads dont take days i still would never take the discless version not just for cheaper physicals down the road but because of the good old "you don't own nuthin!" when it comes to online stuff. All these services shut down one day and i don't want to lose an entire generation of single player games because i couldn't save up another 90 bones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I don't know, based on exclusives alone the PS5 will definitely be worth getting... eventually. But at launch, I can't think of a single good reason to get it over over Xbox. In terms of multi-platform titles, Xbox definitely seems like the better console.
    I cant think of a good reason to buy an xbox ever really

It's a fantastic system for people with disabilities, which probably sounds like a joke, but the adaptive controller is amazing. I have an old military friend who is missing a hand and is able to play with no issue whatsoever.

Better overall value with Gamepass for one and we at least have an idea of how games will run on it with the new AC confirming 4k @60fps. The point is Xbox has given me plenty of reasons to buy it and my only reason to get a PlayStation is the exclusives which are few and far between. So other than being a fanboy there is no real incentive to get the PS5 at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well one big incentive is that all the Xbox games can be played on a PC and then you can have a PS5 as a console to get the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Well one big incentive is that all the Xbox games can be played on a PC and then you can have a PS5 as a console to get the best of both worlds.
    True but it would cost me a whole lot more to make my PC 4k capable than it would to just buy the Xbox.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Better overall value with Gamepass for one and we at least have an idea of how games will run on it with the new AC confirming 4k @60fps. The point is Xbox has given me plenty of reasons to buy it and my only reason to get a PlayStation is the exclusives which are few and far between. So other than being a fanboy there is no real incentive to get the PS5 at launch.
    Yeah i just dont understand paying an extra 500 dollars to play ubishit games with a couple more pixels youd never notice if they didnt tell you and might even be lying about till we see the digital foundry video

Yeah i just dont understand paying an extra 500 dollars to play ubishit games with a couple more pixels youd never notice if they didnt tell you
    The point is that we at least have an idea of how games will run on the console whereas we got no idea if any titles on ps5 will be pushing 60fps or not. I mean it probably will but I'd rather not move forward on blind faith alone.