Page 58 of 84 FirstFirst ...
8
48
56
57
58
59
60
68
... LastLast
  1. #1141
    Legendary! Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    6,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    1. What are they censoring?

    2. They certainly censored games before. I've seen plenty of Eroge on the PlayStation Store that I know for a fact have plenty of hardcore sex scenes on the original PC releases.

    - - - Updated - - -

    To my knowledge, every adult VN released in North America for the PlayStation was censored.
    Pretty much anything with anime characters. The fact they're leaving atelier ryza 2 untouched (so they tecmo claims) is surprising. At least that's what they claim. They also had censorship on the newest dmc and patched it claiming it was an error. That they patched. As for VN. Yea I understand that. Soyny won't allow AO only stuff. That's their choice. I'm sure steam and other sites will be happy to take them.
    My biggest regrets is not speed running getting banned from club penguin and yandere devs discord

  2. #1142
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Pretty much anything with anime characters. The fact they're leaving atelier ryza 2 untouched (so they tecmo claims) is surprising. At least that's what they claim. They also had censorship on the newest dmc and patched it claiming it was an error. That they patched. As for VN. Yea I understand that. Soyny won't allow AO only stuff. That's their choice. I'm sure steam and other sites will be happy to take them.
    Atelier Ryza 2? I just looked that up, and it has a T rating, how is that surprising that they aren't censoring it? What do you know that they have done to censor 'anime games' and Devil May Cry?

  3. #1143
    Legendary! Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    6,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Atelier Ryza 2? I just looked that up, and it has a T rating, how is that surprising that they aren't censoring it? What do you know that they have done to censor 'anime games' and Devil May Cry?
    https://www.oneangrygamer.net/sony-p...ensored-games/

    Here you go. They want to censor.? That's great. I got a computer so it doesn't affect me much. Watching them go puritan like nintendo did in the 90s will be comedy. Also do keep in mind that their policy happened last November or Nov 18 (can't recall).

    Edit fixed the link. Derp I hit email link because I'm dumb.
    My biggest regrets is not speed running getting banned from club penguin and yandere devs discord

  4. #1144
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    So how do I actually go about pre-ordering one of these? I could wait around in line on launch day, but if I can I would rather get myself on a list to have it shipped to my home.
    Aside from some shady pop-up webshops it's already sold out here everywhere.
    If you didnt already pre-order your probably out of luck.

  5. #1145
    Legendary! Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    6,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Aside from some shady pop-up webshops it's already sold out here everywhere.
    If you didnt already pre-order your probably out of luck.
    Unless you want to get scalped. My advice? Just wait, but of course the ronona had to screw everything up with getting things.
    My biggest regrets is not speed running getting banned from club penguin and yandere devs discord

  6. #1146
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    https://www.oneangrygamer.net/sony-p...ensored-games/

    Here you go. They want to censor.? That's great. I got a computer so it doesn't affect me much. Watching them go puritan like nintendo did in the 90s will be comedy. Also do keep in mind that their policy happened last November or Nov 18 (can't recall).

    Edit fixed the link. Derp I hit email link because I'm dumb.
    Catherine Full Body censored because it doesn't dead name the trans character in credits like the original game did? lmfaoooooooooo I stopped reading your shit link right then and there. Try linking something without an agenda.

    The only thing actually getting censored is sexualized lolis.... and if you're into that well... sorry I don't really care about your opinion. You should do yourself a favor and seek gaming news outside of KIA/GG bait.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-10-16 at 12:54 PM.

  7. #1147
    If people want to like sexualized loli's that is on them and I won't yuk their yum (To me its just drawings at the end of the day). But people getting mad because Sony (with clear reasons) censor's it is just dumb. If you really want to look at the stuff that bad there is a whole internet to do it.

    A super small handful of niche games got a slight censor....boo hoo.

    I got a PS5, Going to enjoy Demon's Souls and whatever else releases on the platform that has my interest. I got over 100 physical PS4 titles (who knows how many digital) and the PS5 won't be any different.

    Also really happy they are doing there own Snap feature, loved it on the XB1 before it was removed.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  8. #1148
    Censorship is the least of our concerns with Sony. Have you guys seen their TOS? Holy shit! The right to record anything you say while on PSN, at any time, and then sell that to anyone they choose without notifying you or compensating you in any way.

    I was going to get a PS5 to play a few exclusive games. But not after reading that. Yikes!

  9. #1149
    Pandaren Monk Cren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Censorship is the least of our concerns with Sony. Have you guys seen their TOS? Holy shit! The right to record anything you say while on PSN, at any time, and then sell that to anyone they choose without notifying you or compensating you in any way.

    I was going to get a PS5 to play a few exclusive games. But not after reading that. Yikes!
    You might want to read that again then since yet again the internet twisted something just to get upset and make headlines.

    Sony doesn't record anything. YOU can record when someone says something mean or whatever to you and then YOU can send that to Sony as proof and report them.

    So Sony isn't actually recording anything..... People really need to stop believing everything that comes from youtube celebrities and what not....

  10. #1150
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    https://www.oneangrygamer.net/sony-p...ensored-games/

    Here you go. They want to censor.? That's great. I got a computer so it doesn't affect me much. Watching them go puritan like nintendo did in the 90s will be comedy. Also do keep in mind that their policy happened last November or Nov 18 (can't recall).

    Edit fixed the link. Derp I hit email link because I'm dumb.
    That is entirely what I expected. Some of those were region-only, we all know how terrible Australia is. Others are censored even on the Japanese versions, and others are the aforementioned Eroge like Nekopara and Aokana which are just outright pornography. Nothing looks like a bias against 'anime' games over western games. Consoles just aren't ready to let erotic stuff onto their systems yet. Hell, it was only recently that Valve started letting uncensored eroge on Steam, and even then some of the games require separate DLC download to get the 18+ versions, or a separate patch downloaded from another site.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    You might want to read that again then since yet again the internet twisted something just to get upset and make headlines.

    Sony doesn't record anything. YOU can record when someone says something mean or whatever to you and then YOU can send that to Sony as proof and report them.

    So Sony isn't actually recording anything..... People really need to stop believing everything that comes from youtube celebrities and what not....
    Imagine the storage needed to record everything ever said over PSN. Yeah, that ain't happening.

  11. #1151
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Imagine the storage needed to record everything ever said over PSN. Yeah, that ain't happening.
    The sad truth is people are only trying to push that narrative because they don't want to get reported and banned for saying their gamer words to random people online. Because that is all this comes down to, if you aren't trying to harass people or spew hate speech over the voice comms this feature doesn't effect you at all. It is only there to hold the shit heads accountable for their own words. Don't want recorded? Well then don't say something worthy of being reported and you aren't recorded.

  12. #1152
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Censorship is the least of our concerns with Sony. Have you guys seen their TOS? Holy shit! The right to record anything you say while on PSN, at any time, and then sell that to anyone they choose without notifying you or compensating you in any way.

    I was going to get a PS5 to play a few exclusive games. But not after reading that. Yikes!

    Really hope your not using a smart phone because if you are I got bad news for you.

    Also you mite want to read that again, Sony isn't recording it users are.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  13. #1153
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Censorship is the least of our concerns with Sony. Have you guys seen their TOS? Holy shit! The right to record anything you say while on PSN, at any time, and then sell that to anyone they choose without notifying you or compensating you in any way.

    I was going to get a PS5 to play a few exclusive games. But not after reading that. Yikes!
    IIRC this exact same rumor bubbled up around the PS4 launch. It wasn't true then, either.

    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps.../1100-6483386/

  14. #1154
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Censorship is the least of our concerns with Sony. Have you guys seen their TOS? Holy shit! The right to record anything you say while on PSN, at any time, and then sell that to anyone they choose without notifying you or compensating you in any way.

    I was going to get a PS5 to play a few exclusive games. But not after reading that. Yikes!
    Yeah, I'm sure Sony is recording and listening to every single conversation made on the PSN. Wonder what clickbait Youtuber is pushing that brand of nonsense this time around.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  15. #1155
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Censorship is the least of our concerns with Sony. Have you guys seen their TOS? Holy shit! The right to record anything you say while on PSN, at any time, and then sell that to anyone they choose without notifying you or compensating you in any way.

    I was going to get a PS5 to play a few exclusive games. But not after reading that. Yikes!
    Also if you die while playing PS5, sony has rights to your organs for harvest to keep their management healthy with free transplants so they can create games for decades to come.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  16. #1156
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IIRC this exact same rumor bubbled up around the PS4 launch. It wasn't true then, either.

    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps.../1100-6483386/
    I'm aware of the previous instance. The report I was going off of was from a youtuber who made that mistake last time, consulted an actual lawyer....corrected his arguments, and is now looking at this new case more objectively.

    All I know is that the language in the TOS is really bad. And forgive me for not giving these massive corporations the benefit of the doubt. They're guilty until proven innocent at this point, sad to say.

  17. #1157
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'm aware of the previous instance. The report I was going off of was from a youtuber who made that mistake last time, consulted an actual lawyer....corrected his arguments, and is now looking at this new case more objectively.

    All I know is that the language in the TOS is really bad. And forgive me for not giving these massive corporations the benefit of the doubt. They're guilty until proven innocent at this point, sad to say.
    The language in a ton of ToS's is "really bad" and we see mini-panics about them periodically. And I can't remember any of those mini-panics actually panning out.

    I don't know why gamers are so prone to assume the companies that make their games are all evil. If that's the case, why the hell are we even still doing this shit if they're all trying to get us one way or another?

  18. #1158
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'm aware of the previous instance. The report I was going off of was from a youtuber who made that mistake last time, consulted an actual lawyer....corrected his arguments, and is now looking at this new case more objectively.

    All I know is that the language in the TOS is really bad. And forgive me for not giving these massive corporations the benefit of the doubt. They're guilty until proven innocent at this point, sad to say.
    You want to know what is just as ridiculous as people who think massive corporations are their friends? People who think they are their enemy.

  19. #1159
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    14,346
    I cancelled both my ps5 preorders last week when they said joes diner isnt playable on ps5 anyway

  20. #1160
    People thinking Xbox is suddenly gonna outsell PS5 because anime tits getting censored and Bugthesda being owned by MS now..........

    Lol. Enjoy your 30,000 new perverts with whichever devs decided to release their "visual novels" disguised as hentai. Sick fucks.
    Last edited by pepine; 2020-10-16 at 11:03 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •